Who is Your Enemy?

A/N: A part of me wishes there was a third part to this picture. It would be either Mostima or Sora sitting there and she would say "Both". Sorry this is late, but when modules start trying to bury you with too much work no one's having fun hahahaha. It took till we finally had an instructional break for me to get this out. So with that being said let's get to it.

******

She couldn't tell which was worse: the bombers or the swordsmen.

As it was, both were a giant pain in the ass to deal with.

"Lappland. Stick close to me. And watch out for the flames." She warned.

They had broken into the crowd of people with swift precision those with decades of experience pertained. Her golden blades flickered with dangerous light as blood sprayed with each slash. Fighting Reunion enough times came with the knowledge of where the weak points of armor was —if there was any to begin with— and how to exploit it.

"Got it! Woah!" Lappland yelped. One of those red bandanna swordsmen took a swing at her, the tip of his blade already coated in a terrible blaze. It struck right where her face had been moments before.

"How dare you!" With a snarl, Texas shoved her sword through the man's stomach. An explosion of metallic red left him as he sunk to the ground, dead.

Lappland cut down two of the oncoming bombers, freeing up a second to breathe. "And here I thought you had a no killing rule in Lungmen."

Texas rolled her eyes at the dry spike of humor. "Ha ha very funny. You know Reunion is an exception. With them it's either kill or be killed."

She leapt over a puddle of mucked sludge in the gutter before them, slicing through the throats of two casters before moving forward again. The faint bursts of magic filled the air, an aura of ominous black sparkling with them. Lappland moved like an observant shadow next to her, in sync with her even after the years they spent apart.

"Fair enough. What's our objective here?" Lappland asked, all sharp edges with those protractor styled blades. Her white tail wagged with delight, presumably from the thrill of the fight. She supposed she could hardly blame her, the spark of adrenaline fueling her system making her movements all the more wild and powerful. Energy fizzled within her weapons. It was just on the brink of explosion.

"Find the source of the chaos and stop it."

Texas spoke simply, knowing the battle was anything but. With so many civilians struggling to leave the scene, and the sheer amount of explosives which the bombers surely had on them alongside the casters with unknown quantities of power all made for a deadly combination. If they were lucky, the two of them could manage crowd control. But that'll be easier said than done. She would be a fool to not spot them hiding in the shadows, those snipers whose precision was capable of one-shotting most any opponent.

"You make it sound simple. But . . ."

"I know. Hopefully some help will be on the way." Lappland muttered, gritting her teeth as she ducked a punch to the face from a bomber before knocking him down flat, breaking his jaw with a viscous kick. Texas tried not to eye the sputtering body, focusing on dicing her way through her another two bombers.

"Any suggestions till then?"

"Get to the intersection and we'll see."

For once she wouldn't mind the LGD getting involved. Though their track record as of late was less than stellar, her wrist held a low pulse of pain where that Tiger lady tried to twist it. A good thing the bruising was gone, lest Lappland find out and go on a quest for vengeance. Despite changing she doubted that quality of her girlfriend was gone completely. Territorial protection was simply a wolf thing.