The Dormitory is Meant for Relaxation

"C'mon Texas, you can tell me anything you know. Whatever is bothering you, I can help I'm sure."

For the past hour since they'd been relaxing in the Dormitory Texas had been pestered by questions. Normally, she would just brush them off, but something had put her off since yesterday. Or more like someone.

"Exusiai, I'm not in the mood."

"We're only here to help boss." Croissant sat on cushy seat next to her. It was always nice to have all of the Penguin Logistics liaisons in the same room together. She was comfortable working with all of them, especially Exusiai. The two of them went on the most jobs together and she could always count on to have her back. The winged woman sat on her other side, wings pointed up. Sora was the only one not with them currently. She was out at one of her shows.

"I know you are. I'm just not sure you can be helpful here."

Her friends would likely only make things worse. Maybe it was just a desperately stupid hope, that Lappland would get bored of Rhodes Island with its rules and regulations and leave. She was still holding to it for now. It is only the second day she's here after all. This was the thought repeating her head since last night, like a weird mantra.

"Well it can't be that bad, can it?" Exusiai asked.

Texas frowned. "It's unclear."

"Is one of the new operators giving you trouble? I can straighten them out for you boss." Croissant had her fists raised, poised for punching.

"No, nothing like that. Don't worry about it guys, I'll be fine."

Exusiai huffed. "Surrrreee. I believe you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She frowned.

"Boss, you're always keeping quiet. So hard to read, but we know you. You've never acted this upset before. Besides of course—"

"I get your point guys. But like I said, I don't think there's anything you can really do. She's not someone you can make go away by punching them."

She'd probably just laugh and punch you back, if she didn't kick you first. The idea of Lappland going near any of the other members of Penguin Logistics left a sour note in her gut. Some part of her knew it was bound to happen eventually though. Texas didn't want to think about it.

"I can always try. What are friends for," Croissant said happily.

"Hold up. You said she. Are you talking about her?" Exusiai —the one who had known her the longest— asked worriedly. Texas recalled the drunken night she had first mentioned Lappland to anyone with hazy recognition. That had been a very bad day; she had been in a very bad place.

"Yes."

Exusiai dragged a hand over her face, letting out a sigh. "Then this is serious. Isn't it?"

She opened her mouth to reply only to be cut off by the sound of the doors opening. As this is a dormitory meant to comfortably house five operators at a time, it was no surprise someone else was being sent in to join the three of them. The only problem was who was being sent in. She stilled in her seat, heart rate rising.

Lappland.