Out on the Town

It was easy to get lost in the glamorous city lights when you were out on the town with a loved one. Sadly, this wasn't the case for her, but Sora still took pleasure in watching her friends enjoy themselves as they explored what Lungmen had to offer on their way to dinner. Croissant and Bison kept sharing glances whenever a particularly good venue came into view, chatting amicably about sales and fees. Texas and Lappland seemed to have their own silent conversations going on. There would be the tiniest of hand gestures from Texas followed by a wag of Lappland's long tail. Even Exusiai, Mostima and Suffering seemed in a relatively pleasant mood, but every glance in their direction had her stomach coming up in knots with the memory of that kiss. So she kept observant till they finally reached their location at last: a rooftop bar appropriately named La Luna Lantern.

"Wow! You weren't kidding when you said this was a rooftop location." Lappland gaped at the sight before them.

Texas chuckled. "Well, I did tell you the restaurant had a view of all the other building tops, I don't think I could've meant anything else."

The pair of Lupos had remained closer than arms length the entire journey here, so she was unsurprised to see their hands clasped together now. Unconsciously, her eyes traveled down the slim figure Texas was made up of. Her toned form, while not the biggest reason for her fatal attraction had been among the many things that made the silent wolf so hard to resist. As if sensing her lingering gaze, Texas turned to look at her with a questioning frown. It took Sora a moment to realize she was mouthing words.

"The reservation is under your name right? Since you know the owner?"

Jolted from her reverie, Sora nodded. "Yes, yes, I'll go handle it."

"Hah, looks like someone got a little lost in thought," Mostima said to her in passing as she scrambled over to the host at his podium.

Her cheeks flamed as she begrudgingly moved forward at least I'm not unfaithful to my girlfriend. When she got there, the man in question was dressed like she imagined many butlers would: weird monocle and finely pressed suit with coattails flapping out the back. It was all too easy to spot his comb over amidst the fraying gray hair of his scalp.

"How may I help you miss?" He asked.

"Uh, I called with reservations." Sora told him, fingers digging into the wood as she looked up at him. The circular engraving on the middle plank of wood depicted a crescent moon. A star sat on the inside of it, made more prominent with its five points. It was not dissimilar to a star on trees during the holiday season. And below it was a lantern, a light socket fit into it letting off a pleasant golden hue.

"Name."

"Oh. Uh, Sora."

The man tapped the page of the reservation book in front of him, flipping it before tsking in resolution. "Ah yes. Sora from that one company. With the strange Penguin in charge."

She supposed strange was a relatively decent term to describe Emperor with, especially compared to the many slanderous things she had heard him called in the past by the many, many enemies he accumulated over the years. Though he'd prefer unique or eccentric. He takes it in stride so easily. It was one thing she doubted herself able to replicate: that unflinching boldness in the face of adversity.

"Penguin Logistics. Yes."

"Alright then, corral your friends and I'll get you to your table."

*****

"Why is everything here so tiny?" Lappland asked, eyeing the small plate of shelled things in front of her. After being seated at their table appetizers had been brought over. These small, seemingly food related things had went untouched despite her rumbling stomach. The trays of meat being carried over to the other tables served to make her stomach more demanding as her mouth watered.