Chained Together Wolves

A/N: Welp, Ptilopsis makes for my sixth E2. Figured I'd show y'all. Who did everyone E2 first? For me it was Lappland (closely followed by Texas).

*****

No amount of sinking into herself would remove the scalding feeling of Amiya's glare as she barked at them angrily. For a small bunny, the teenage leader of Rhodes Island could be very terrifying when she was this mad. If this were an anime, steam would be shooting out of those long ears. Lappland almost wanted to laugh, but the shame she felt was keeping her from doing so. However, this feeling was eclipsed by warmth at being so close to Texas. After their confrontation, Lappland had been unsure what was running through her lifetime partner's head. Like a closed off vault Texas kept her expression blank as the digits on a lock pad. All the secrets and emotions were burning inside them both. Some had come free but there would be more to pour out.

But there would be no chance for them to be revealed as of yet. Their fate was to be decided soon. Lappland felt a cold sweat at the back of her neck as Amiya was abruptly cut off mid ranting session by the opening of those two mechanical doors.

"And that's why you shouldn't—"

SWOOSH

An airy voice traveled over to them, the wispiness of it like a drifting feather. It lacked the stone cold anger she had been expecting. "Come in." A face joined the words two seconds later. Kal'tsit was one of those characters who kept up an emotionless mask. The void of feeling was rather bothersome, especially for Lupos who enjoyed expressing themselves so often. Even Texas, try as she might, could not help but feel. This was what Lappland had known, what she had desperately reached for during her fight with Texas. And she had reached this hidden side. But what was the result of such an achievement? Making the dark haired woman raw was never easy. These were uncharted waters they were in. Like the vastness in Kal'tsit's unreadable expression, Texas too kept up a mask, however this one was much more fragile. This mask was a pitiful rendition of the icy pillar from before.

"But I'm not done yet Dr. Kal'tsit." Amiya emphasized.

The lynx doctor tilted her head. "I figured as much, but you can always resume this lecture later."

"I . . . would rather not." Amiya had a frostiness to her voice, that heavy frown still in place. Those blue eyes were fixating on Texas now, though to the dark wolf's credit she kept her head down to avoid the scathing glare. Lappland was surprised this iciness wasn't more directed at her, but she pieced together why quickly enough. Texas was a senior operator here at Rhodes Island. While Lappland's involvement could not be denied, it would make sense that this mess would reflect even more poorly on an operator who was deemed with greater responsibilities. "They need to know how upset I am. How upset we all are." These last words were said pointedly.

Kal'tsit sighed like she expected this response. Lappland wondered just how close the two were. "I know you're mad Amiya, but your anger will have to be given appropriate attention later. You're attention is needed in the control center."

A flicker of surprise swapped out with the anger. "Is something wrong?"

"I don't know, not enough information was provided. But either way, this problem cannot be left to fester any longer," Kal'tsit said.

"Okay." Blue eyes hesitantly blinked before changing to Lappland. "I'm going, but don't think this is over. We will talk about this—"

Kal'tsit cleared her throat, signaling the young leader.

"If I deem it necessary that is. Go see Doctor Y/N for now." And with that Kal'tsit and Amiya rushed off together. Their hushed voices bounced off the walls, loud but not enough so to pick up on all of what they were saying. Something about Chernobog was going on. Texas seemed to have been listening in too, if her perked up ears were anything to go by. Lappland tried stepping closer to her, but Texas jerked forward into the open archway. Silently she followed suit.