Calls, Lanterns and Flirts poorly timed

"Wolves? I'm not sure what you mean by that." She feigned innocence.

"Don't make me laugh fallen. You are well informed of the people of Terra. There's no way you don't have some understanding of Lupos."

"Of course she knows what Lupos are. We live with two of them," Suffering said with her clipped tone. Her mouth was twitching in that beginning to get angry way, something best avoided if one knew what was good for them. Mostima was not one to care about stifling the flames of rage however. Getting on nerves could be amusing if you knew where to strike.

"Two? Penguin Logistics only has one registered member who is a wolf."

Way to state the obvious. While Lappland would be a shoe-in it would be bad to confirm without actual proof the interview had happened. She would not make such a mistake. All her training assured this prevention. But there were some things that could not be taught; experiences were the best teacher of all.

"Well, yes. The other is—"

"An old fling of Texas's. I doubt she'll be around long." Because Texas was still Texas.

An emotionless void.

Suffering was once again frowning at her, hands clenched in frustration. Best wrap this up. She listened as the sound of breathing trickled through the phone speaker. There was a rustle and the sound of another voice in the background. The darkness of the space they were in made the lit screen that much more prominent.

"Is that so? Well, I guess we can write it off."

"Why'd you want to know about them in the first place?" Suffering asked.

"Theres been a group of Siracusans wolves reported to be causing trouble in Lungmen recently. They go by the name Sicilian."

"But Penguin Logistics handled those ruffians." Suffering frowned.

"Yes, but they were still reported as in the area. We wanted to know what was keeping them around."

And this is more important than Reunion's invasion how exactly? The question shook around in her head. But she bit her tongue. These people knew leagues more than she did. Intelligence was a dangerous game. And there will be implications if they know where Lappland is from. Things were misconstrued at the worst moments. And while she was hardly a fan of the white wolf, the sadness Exusiai would produce should she be hurt during this investigation or whatever it was did not serve her well.

"And if we do see them again we'll let you know." She promised, lying through her teeth.

*******

Texas leaned against the railing. Any exhale was connected with a steady white puff of air. It was boggling just how cold the weather had become this evening. It's abnormal to see this kind of drop. All too easily did her mind slip back to the fight in those abandoned streets. There had been corpses and blood everywhere. Rustic stained cars and splattered gasoline mixed in with the awful stench made brutal by the darkened ice. FrostNova and her Yeti Squadron were a site rarely seen and lived to tell about. They were lucky to not receive casualties that day. Her cold finger dug into the railing as her thoughts continued to drift. Lappland would be back soon, off with Exusiai and Sora to grab the lanterns needed for the event tonight. Bison and Croissant had wandered off in a stream of steady giggles. They had said something about 'launching their own lanterns'. The lewd humor was not lost on her, though it went without eliciting her laughter.

"Hey there good lookin'." Someone piped up.

Texas tilted her head, examining the newcomer. He was a tall fellow, a Lupo with bronze hair combed to perfection. The suit he wore suggested high status, as did the golden buttons sewn into it. His sleek figure was strangely reminiscent of a sports car. And with the way he was looking at her . . . checking her out . . .