Truth Comes Out

The Reunion Commander before them stared at Texas with wide eyes. Astonishment crept over her features for the briefest of moments, but it was gone just as quickly as it appeared. Blood was a silent stream down the bronze of her sword as she pressed it to a vital point of Crownslayer's throat. It was no surprise that the redhead responded with a low growl full of derision, the barest hint of pain underlying it all.

"Why on Terra do you think!? Rhodes Island has been nothing but a thorn in Reunion's side. And since your logistics group is a part of them, and by extension working with the LGD, there's no reason why we shouldn't wipe you out while your isolated."

The explanation might have satisfied some of her friends curiosity. Certainly, in the case of Croissant, who hardly kept tabs on the Reunion as she remained occupied with business dealings and other PL affairs; there was also Bison who had just been dragged into this mess of a war recently. But the others . . .

Lappland did not need to know all the dynamics of this war when she knew her.

Sora and Exusiai's careful observance of her did not go unnoticed.

As for Mostima and Suffering though, there was no telling what they thought. But I'd be a fool to not think they know plenty. Laterano had a way of being involved or at least knowing of all affairs in Terra.

"Hmm, yes. I suppose that answer would satisfy most people."

But it doesn't satisfy me.

Her cold glare sent the message across; Crownslayer swallowed.

Lappland let out a rumble. "Here at Penguin Logistics we appreciate honesty."

The comment had the corner of her mouth lifting. With Lappland beside her a confidence flowed higher in her spirits. The reek of this sewer was manageable with the brisk scent of the white wolf's airy scent. A hint of pine and dew grass still clung to her pale skin even after spending this recent time in Lungmen. Perhaps it's something you never truly lose she pondered internally. She remembered all those years of falling asleep to this smell, to the person beside her giving her firm hugs as they snuggled in for the night.

Exusiai's low chuckle brought her out of her slight reverie. "I always thought our motto was shoot first ask questions later."

Sora rolled her eyes. "If that were the case LGD would have a warrant out for our arrest."

The collective snicker that got was silenced by her raised hand. Texas leaned closer to Crownslayer, letting out a exhale over her face, made hot by the humid air and the exertion from fighting. The blade was pressed just that tiny bit harder against fragile flesh. Something will give. Now.

"Back to the point, you will tell us the truth."

Crownslayer seemed to almost choke out her next words. There was a begrudging air to them, one which kept its malice despite the precarious spot she was in. Knowing how unpredictable Reunion could be, she signaled Lappland with a swish of her tail. The movement went right next to those jagged crystals embedded in her girlfriend's skin. Enough years of mapping out each other's bodies made it clear the spot was sensitive.

"I—I, there was another reason. It-it didn't have anything to do with Reunion, just a coinciding interest."

Suffering sauntered over, low lidded eyes giving off an expression of boredom. Out of all the variables tied to Mostima, Texas found this woman to be the most foreign. "What kind of interest."

Crownslayer's gaze rolled over to the demon woman, nose wrinkling. From the smelly atmosphere presumably. Reunion is off in a lot of ways, but they don't discriminate against demons. "The kind of wolves, not angels or demons. Your kind play no part, no matter how nosy you may be."