Chapter 45: Exactly

I thought I was gonna have days before y'all got 100 votes not fucking 19 HOURS 😔 but here's a chapter :)

Y/N's POV:

I tossed Raine in the air, her toothless grin looking down on me as she erupted in laughter. I couldn't help but laugh at the slobbers that began to drip.

"You're so cute" I said as I peppered my niece's face in kisses. I then pulled her into a forceful hug and spun around.

"If she's so cute, keep her. I'm tired of her bad ass" Courtney said as she approached us behind the couch, her hand resting on her growing stomach.

"I will gladly kidnap my niece any day of the week"

I then sat her down on my lap and tickled her stomach, watching her squirm and giggle. My smile only grew with the more noise she let out.

"If only my ex-fiancée wasn't a whore, you could have a little cousin. Isn't that right baby?" I asked in a baby voice, smiling down at her as she did the same.
"Ariana's a whore"
"Yes she is"  I said once more.

Courtney smacked me on the back of the head with her hand. I just rolled my eyes and shrugged it off.

"Don't say that around her"
"But did I lie? I'm being honest"

"Speaking of, have you talked to her?" My sister asked as she took a seat on the L-Shaped couch across from me.

I just looked at her with a straight face, "Is that a genuine question?"

She nodded.

"After all she's put me through, you really just asked that?"

I watched her roll her eyes then scoff.
"Y/N all of that happened months ago, let it go an move on"

That's when I snapped, "It doesn't matter how long ago it was Court, she said she was gonna break up with him after she said yes to my proposal but turned around and said yes to him. She was engaged to the both of us at the same time and she's having a baby Courtney"

My emotions quickly switched from anger to hurting, "She's having a baby with someone else, we were supposed to get married. We were supposed to have kids and start our lives together"
"She isn't supposed to be with anyone else"

I felt my eyes begin to water, tears filling the brim of my eyes. Courtney stood up and walked over, taking my niece out of hands and rubbing my back as I let the tears fall.

Before I could make a bigger fool of myself, crying over someone who didn't know what they wanted, I let out a heavy sigh and wiped my tears.

"We were supposed to have a June wedding, you were gonna-"

I looked up from the ground to see Courtney holding a cream colored envelope between her fingers.

"Well I got this in the mail" She said tossing the envelope onto my lap.

"Please don't tell me this is what I think it is" I laughed bitterly as I picked up the cream papers.

"Mine is upstairs but she sent yours here 'cause she doesn't know your new address"
"Good, she doesn't need to know it"

I paused for a moment before turning my attention back to the envelope between my hands.

"She has to be joking"
"She's getting married and invited us"

I still hadn't opened the wedding invitation, instead I just stared at it.

"Who's she's getting married to?"
"I have no idea, I haven't opened it"

Letting out a deep breath, I ripped open the envelope.

"Why do you think she did it?"
"Do what? The engagement or the invite?"
"How bout both?" I asked my sister who just shrugged her shoulders and took a seat beside me.

"I have no idea, she's an idiot for thinking we'd ever go" Courtney said with a laugh, lifting up my niece onto her chest.
"...what if we do?"

I watched my sister shake her head and immediately protest to my idea.
"It says I'm supposed to give a speech" I said through laughter as I read the invitation.

"Please join us for a celebration of Dalton & Ariana Grande-Gomez"

"She wants you to give a speech? Her ex-fiancée? The one she cheated on with the dude she's gonna marry?"
"Just keep digging that knife deeper court"

My sister laughed and tossed Raine's pacifier at me.

"You're not actually thinking about going are you?"

I shrugged my shoulders and stood up, grabbing my phone and keys off of the coffee table.

"Y/N"
"Courtney"

She gave me the sister look which I laughed at.

"Let me say goodbye to my favorite human" I said as I reached for my niece.
"That's some bullshit. So I push the little fucker out of my vag and get replaced?"
"Exactly"

After I got smacked on the arm by my sister, I kissed Raine on her forehead multiple times before handing her back to her mother.

I waved goodbye to my sister and to my niece again before shutting the door behind me.

-

I unlocked my front door and shut it after I stepped in, locking it and making my way toward the living room but not without stopping by the kitchen on the way.

"Tequila or Hennessy?"

"Both, fuck it" I said as I sighed, grabbing both bottles and heading to my couch.

I turned on Season 4, Episode 6 of The Vampire Diaires. About 15 minutes into the show, the Tequila started tasting like bad decisions and the Hennessy started bad ideas.

I somehow managed to find my phone and the wedding invitation.

After two rings the person on the other line had picked up, "Hello, may I ask who's calling?"
"Y/N, Y/N Chipolone. I'd like to RSVP for the Gomez wedding"

-

Thought it was only right to end the story on the 1 year anniversary of this book

^LMFAOOO I really thought I was gonna update consistently again 😭😭😭 dumb bitch

Also, thank you for 180k reads 🥰

100 votes homies