Chapter 57: Fuck you

Ariana's POV:

He managed to find the courage to take a step closer to me, continuing to use the height difference between us as some sort of threat.

I hands dropped to my sides, "So what do you want Dalton?" I said with a sigh.

I'm so tired of this constant back and forth with him, it's repetitive and exhausting. Mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, every ounce of my bones have been done with this 'man' yet I'm forced to stay.

"I'm tired, D. The games, the manipulation, everything. I'm done. I don't want to be with you anymore but you won't let me leave and actually be happy"

Saying this out loud made all the things I've been feeling and suppressing worth fighting for, does that make sense?

"It's been months Dalton, if you truly cared you'd let me be with her. I want Y/N and I'm sorry for the way things happened with us but I can't do this with you"

"I want to be with Y/N" I said through tears, hoping it'd gain a bit more sympathy with him.

"I won't tell her"
"Good"

I turned, my back facing him while I walked to the door, wiping my eyes as I did so.

"Ariana"

He called lowly, stopping me no more than an inch from touching the handle. I remained still, waiting for what was coming next.

"But," He paused, waiting until I looked over my shoulder to finish what he was saying, "you can't be with her"

Immediately, I threw my keys to side without a care of where they actually landed.

"What're you gaining from this? What? You think me not being with Y/N is gonna make her miserable? She's happy with and without me, it's not gonna hurt her"

He remained quiet, letting me step closer to him.

As if I wasn't pissed off and he didn't cause this anger, he whispered, "I don't want you to be with her" while looking down at me lovingly, making me sick.

"Look, I'm sorry we didn't work out but I don't want to be with you anymore. Especially after the shit you pulled not even months ago"

It's like he's completely forgotten about everything that happened, all of the pain that we caused but this is the end of him, of us. I'm finally leaving him behind.

"I'm done with you, I want your stuff out of my place by the end of tomorrow"

I went to walk away only for him to call for me again, stopping me in my place.

"Ariana"

"You have until tomorrow night to cut Y/N off completely, or I'm telling her"

Turning, I said, "Tell her about New York Dalton, I could care less at this point. Actually, I'll tell her myself"

He smiled slightly, "Good, make sure to mention what happened on tour"

Tour, that's something Y/N and I haven't discussed.

He shoulder brushed mine on his way out.

My eyes began to fill with tears, more than what they already had. I could feel my heart breaking, cracking at each passing moment.

I grabbed my keys and slammed my door behind me.

Sprinting to my car, I started it and began the drive to Courtney's house. My tears blurred my vision but I refused to pull over until I made it regardless of what happened on the way.