Chapter 39: Just talk?

Y/n's POV:

At the gas station...

"About what Dalton said? What did the fuck face say this time?"

She took a step closer and I let her this time.

She subtly looked around as she spoke, "I don't think we should talk about this out in the open right now. There's..cameras and it'll be bad for the both of us if news gets out"

What does that mean? 'if news gets out'?

"Were you not the one who came to me at a gas station wanting to talk about whatever the hell you wanna talk about? And now you don't wanna talk about it here? Make it make sense please"

She looked toward the sliding door of the gas station then let out a sigh, "Just-"

"Can we please talk about this another day? I'm feeling nauseous and I really need to go home and lay down"

"Fine"

"I'll text you, we can meet up somewhere and we can talk"

Talk?

"Just talk?"
She nodded her head with a smile, "Just talk
Y/n, promise I'm not trying to get back with you"
"Okay good but you don't have my number, I kinda blocked yours and I switched numbers so you nor Courtney could call me again"
"That's..nice to know"

I let out a light laugh to try to ease the awkwardness I had just created.

She punched my arm softly "I've missed talking to you"
"Same but you messed up dude"
"I know, and it's one of my biggest regrets but I've moved on from that. I'm..a new and improved version of myself"
"I'm glad to hear that"

We smiled at each other before exchanged numbers and going on about our nights. After she had walked away, I took the nozzle out of my car and put it back where it belonged.

I turned my car on and put on my seatbelt as I put Megan back on.

(If we can't listen to Megan in the car, don't bother getting in 🙄)

"...Told him go put my name on that account
Because when I need money, I ain't tryna wait"
"I can't be fucked with, no. Ho, you can't touch this, ayy"

-

Aaaannnnndddddd Present Time...

I had my arms wrapped around her neck and my hands resting on the middle of her back as she looked up at me.

She puckered her lips so I leaned down and quickly kissed her.

"I need to tell you something but you can't react until I finish saying everything that I need to"

Is she breaking up with me? Is this why she didn't say 'I love you' back when we were on the phone?

Her arms that were around my waist fell to her sides when I gently pushed her off of me.

"Can I say something first?"

She nodded her head.

"Are you breaking up with me?"

Her smile dropped and was replaced with a pout and a worried look.

Her hands went to cup my cheeks and make me look at her, "No of course not baby. Why would you think that?"
"You just didn't say 'I love you' back when I said it while we were on the phone"

She kissed me a few times and stared into my eyes as she spoke, "I'm sorry love, I was distracted but I do love you. I love you I love you I love you"

"Better?"
"Much"

"Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"No it's about Courtney"
"What about her?"
"Well, her and Daniel are getting married and he wants me to be his best woman or man? I don't know how it works"
"Oh baby congrats" She used that as an excuse to kiss me again.

"Yeah, we talked everything out. I forgave her for the role she played in us breaking up and she also told me that she's pregnant. I'm gonna be an aunt"
"Hang on, Courtney's calling. I'll be right back"

Ariana's POV:

I waited until Y/n was out of hearing distance before I called up Vic.

"Have you told her yet?"
"No I'm too nervous. What if she breaks up with me again?"
"You haven't told her that you're pregnant or that you're still seeing Dalton behind her back?"

God I'm such a bitch.

"I haven't told her about either. I'm too scared Vic, I don't wanna break her heart again"

My eyes began to water at the thought of losing Y/n for good.

"Ariana relax, okay? Don't stress about it, it's not good for you or the baby"
"I-I gotta go, Y/n is coming..."

I hung up on Vic and quickly wiped my tears just as Y/n came in with a smile.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing"

She gave a 'you sure?' look.
"I promise love"
"Alright, I believe you but Courtney wants to talk to you"

I took the phone from her hands and put it toward my ear.

"Hey...I was just calling to ask if you-"
"-yes I'd love to be your maid of honor"

I could hear her sniffles,"Really?"
"Despite what's happened, I forgive you. You're my best friend and I love you Court"
"I love you too AG"
"I got your freaking name tattooed on my knee so there's no turning back on our friendship"

We both laughed lightly and wiped our glossy eyes, "Im gonna hang up so you and my sister can talk"
"Bye Court"
"Bye"

Y/n took her phone and said her goodbyes before hanging up.

"Now that that's over, what'd you want to talk about?"

I wrapped my arms around her waist, "Speaking of weddings and getting married and all that...what if we got married in May?"

"Ariana that's in less than 9 months. You want us to plan a whole wedding with both of us being busy?"
I whined, "I know but I love you and I want to be your wife already"

She laughed then kissed my lips.
"Let's do it"
"Yeah?"
"Yeah, let's get married"

-

Y'all did 80 a little too fast. 100 votes so I can breathe 🧍🏽‍♀️