Chapter 51: I'm fine

Y/N's POV:

I tried my best to remain calm but my anger quickly took over.

The longer I stared at him, acknowledging his existence, the angrier I got.

"You seem obsessed Y/N, you really can't stay away from me, can you?" He asked with a smug look, his head tilting to the side just a bit.

I sighed, taking a step closer to him.

The fist that I had formed dropped after I realized people began to stare at us, "I want to punch you so bad" I whispered, making sure to look him in the eyes as I spoke.

"What's stopping you? C'mon, hit me, I dare you"

Just when I raised my hand to hit him, Tatum had stepped between us and pushed me away from him.

"Knock it off," She turned from facing me to look at him, "Both of you"
"Now isn't the time nor the place to start drama"

Dalton began chuckling, "I'm not scared of you Y/N, any time you get brave enough to step to me again, I won't hesitate"

I mimicked a scared look and began smiling after, "Newsflash, nobody is scared of you. I'll gladly smash your face in and then call up Ariana to celebrate afterward"

I watched as he rolled his eyes, "You can call up Ariana all you want, just remember," He stepped closer, "She cheated on you and wanted to marry me"

Before I could say something back, Tatum grabbed my arm and pulled me inside.

"What? What's your problem?" I looked down at her, confused as to why she decided to pull me away from the douchebag who was talking.

She gave me the 'really?' look and I just stood there waiting for an answer from her.

"You're bleeding idiot" She pointed to my eyebrow which led to me swiping my middle finger across it and seeing blood on my finger.

How the fuck did I start bleeding?

"I'm fine" I went to walk away from her but she persisted and eventually we went upstairs to the bathroom to get it cleaned up.

"Tatum, I'm fine"
"Y/N, you're not. Your eyebrow is cut, at least let me clean it up and put a band-aid on it so it won't drip down and into your eye"

I sighed before finally agreeing.

She shut the bathroom door behind me and made me sit on the toilet lid while she stood between my legs to clean my eyebrow.

"I haven't seen you bleed since-"

I cut her off only to finish her sentence which resulted in us laughing together,
"-Nevaeh's sleepover"

"Hennessy makes me do stupid things" I said through fits of laughter.
"I've come to realize that after you jumped off the roof and missed the pool"
"Instead of breaking my leg, I broke the fall with my head"

She tried her best to contain her laughter as she wiped the blood with peroxide on a cotton ball but ended up being unsuccessful when I continued on with the story.

"18 stitches and a bald spot later"

She put on the band-aid and we erupted in laughter yet again before calming down and looking into each other's eyes.

"I've missed hearing your laugh," She looked down toward my lips then back up to my eyes as she stroked my cheek softly.

I felt her slowly begin to lean in and I moved my head back just as her lips were about to touch mine.

"We shouldn't, Tatum" I mumbled as I looked away from her.

"You're right, I'm sorry"

She had turned to walk away but I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back into me as I stood up.

I don't know what was going through my head.

I felt her heart rate increase the longer our chests touched one another's. She swallowed the lump in her throat before leaning in and closing the gap between us.

Her hands found the buttons of my shirt and began to undo them one by one as fast as possible. I felt my shirt being slid off of my body while her lips found my neck and began planting soft kisses there.

Just when things began to escalate, there was a knock on the door, pulling us away from each other.

"I need to pee" Tatum's grandma said from the other side of the door, making her grand-daughter and I burst into laughter yet again.

We slid by her grand-mother after she nonstop made jokes about what happened inside the bathroom before we eventually took the stairs back down into the kitchen.

I continued to fix the buttons of my shirt as I asked her a few questions, the first being about the douchebag from earlier, "You know Dalton?"

She paused, turning around on the last step to face me before she answered the question, "He's a family friend from my dad's side or something. I haven't seen him since we were kids, I don't know what he's doing here honestly"

Then she asked me, "Why what's up?" and before I could answer her the man himself walked inside.

"Where's my niece?" He asked with a smile, acknowledging that his existence gets under my skin.

I pushed past Tatum and grabbed Dalton, driving him into the dining room.

"What're you doing here Dalton?" I asked as calm as I could with the anger coursing through my veins at the current moment.
"Consider it my honeymoon" He said with a smile.

I not so softly pushed him into the counter before heading out the front door, letting it slam behind me.

On my way to my car, I noticed who I assumed was the birthday girl with the sashes and tiara struggling to get a football unstuck from the tree that was just a bit bigger than she was.

"You need some help?" I asked the little girl on my way over.

She nodded her head and looked toward the ground after smiling at me.

"Are you my mom's friend?"
"Yeah, I'm Y/N"

I grabbed the football and squatted down to her level to hand it to her.

"Thank you Y/N, I'm-"

She was cut off when Dalton approached.

"It's nice to see you finally taking care of your daughter" Dalton said to me as he picked up the birthday girl, fixing her tiara that was slanted just a bit.

"My what?"

Confusion was spread across my face at the words he was spilling, "Tatum didn't tell you?"

I shook my head and he just laughed loudly.

"Guess you're still a mom after all huh?"

-

run me my 110 votes 😏