Chapter 56: Please

Y/N's POV:

I shut my eyes, fighting but failing to resist the urge that was Ariana.

Her hands left my body and cupped my cheeks, remaining still until I had opened my eyes to meet hers, "I want you" she repeated, her focus solely on my mouth.

When our eyes met again I couldn't help but silently nod.

I leaned in for a kiss but she stopped me, our foreheads leaned against one another with heavy breathing.

"Say it, say that you want me too"

"Please" she nearly begged, one of her hands leaving my face to hold the hand that rested on my side.

"I want you too" I reassured through a whisper just loud enough for her to hear. I watched the smile I've always loved creep onto her face, copying the action myself.

I slowly leaned in for the 2nd time tonight only for her to turn her head, denying me again.

My huff caused her to erupt with laughter.

"My poor baby," she said through a chuckle, her hand gently caressing my cheek.

Her hands left my face and dropped to my waist which she eventually wrapped her arms around. I smiled down at Ariana, my mind running a million miles a minute.

"Why won't you kiss me?" I asked with slight annoyance in my voice, something Ariana has become familiar with over the years. She laughed again, this time giving me an answer immediately after.

"Because I want to end things with him first"

Her eyes left mine for a moment, meeting them again nearly instantly.

She leaned in to rest her chin on my chest with a smile that made my heart beat a little faster, making me instantly forget what I was upset about and match her.

"What's on your mind, love?" She asked softly, gently caressing my lower back with her finger tips that managed to slip beneath my clothing without me noticing.

"Us" I admitted rather shyly, pausing to gather my thoughts before continuing, "You sure you're gonna do it this time?"

Her smile left as did her chin on my chest.

"Low blow Chipolone, low blow"

She stood up straight, looking to the side with an eye roll that made me chuckle. I grasped the underneath of her chin and made her look at me.

When our eyes met again she followed suit and let out a sarcastic laugh, trying to push me away but failing to leave when I grabbed her hand and pulled her back into me.

"It was funny"

"Yeah yeah yeah"

The side of her head rested against my chest, the steady rhythm of my heart beat keeping us from being in complete silence.

"But to answer your question, yeah" She made sure to look me in the eyes, "I'm gonna do it. I'm sure he's been expecting this"

I wanted to smile and believe her but I reasonably had my doubts.

"You don't have to cut him off completely"
She nodded, insistent, "I do though, out of respect for you I have to"

My lips met her forehead, lingering against the skin for a moment before I pulled away slightly, "See you at Raine's party tomorrow?" I asked and she nodded.

We exchanged smiles as she slowly backed away, our hands falling to our sides, "Of course"

Ariana's POV:

I shut the front door and stood just a few inches in front of it, taking in a breath to calm my now racing heart.

I'm gonna do it.

I nodded to myself and walked back to my car with a subtle smile on my face. The flashing cameras from behind the front gate taking photos as I entered my car.

A nearly silent twenty-minute drive led me to my own home, my car running while I faced my double doors.

The engine remained on during the inner pep-talk I gave myself which was abruptly canceled when Y/N called.

Worrying something was wrong, I immediately answered the call.

"Hey, you okay? I figured you'd be freaking out right now and I wanted to see if there was anything that I could do to help calm you down or something"

I immediately felt at ease, sighing, "Yeah-Yeah I'm good, you had me worried. I thought something was wrong"

She chuckled on the other end.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. I'll uh- I'll order some food and we can watch some movies tonight to celebrate you"

I could feel her smiling on the other end.

"I'm sitting outside my place right now," I looked toward the door with my phone on my ear. "I'm hoping everything goes according to plan, I can't wait to see you again"

I didn't allow her to get a word in before I asked the question that's been on my mind since I left, "Can— is it okay if I kiss you the next time I see you? I figured since it's been a while and given the past, I wanted to ask and make sure it was okay with you before I made a move"

I felt like an idiot, my forehead landed against the steering wheel as I contemplated driving off a cliff.

"I'd love that, thank you for asking"

She paused before hysterically laughing on the other end of the phone. I couldn't take the embarrassment and hung up, slamming my door after me. I jogged inside, tossing my keys onto the table beside the door.

"Hey we need to talk" I told Dalton when I walked into the living room, realizing he said the same thing at the same time.

"You wanna go first?"

I nodded, fiddling with the loose ends of my sleeves.
"I wanna break up. I wanna get back with Y/N but I wanted to end- us before I got back with her out of respect for you. I'm sorry"

His head fell slightly, "I get it, she's the one right?"

"Yeah, she is" I said with a growing smile.

"I would say go for it but I don't think you can"
"What do you mean? We're already together, I just wanted to let you know"

He took a step back, reaching behind him to grab his phone off of the coffee table, "You're gonna break up with her"

"I'm gonna what?"

"You're gonna break up with her" He repeated and I laughed, turning around to walk away but stopping after he said, "Don't you think it's time for Y/n to know about New York?

-

Thank you sm for 300k reads:)