Chapter 44: How long?

Y/n's POV:

After the wedding was officially over, I walked over to my sister and gave her a hug, congratulating her.

"You look stunning Court, congratulations."
"Thank you. You staying for food or am I gonna get a niece or a nephew soon?" She asked with a smile, nudging me.

We both laughed then I shook my head.

"Sadly not, actually-"

I was interrupted by Ariana walking over and hugging my sister.

"-Hey Court, congrats on becoming Mrs.Alexander"
"Thank you thank you but I'm keeping Chipolone. I'm now Chipolone hyphen Alexander" My sister corrected her.

Ariana looked over at me then at the ground in disappointment.

"If you weren't engaged with my sister, I would've told Maddison to slide in your dms"

I rolled my eyes at my sister which caused her to laugh.

"Anyway- I've actually gotta go. Work called and there's so much shit that I have to get done at the office. My interns were supposed to start on it but I guess I hired fucking idiots.."
"It's alright, you ain't gotta explain. I love you, text me when you get home" She said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Will do sis, I love you too. I want to be an auntie" I joked, pulling away to see my now brother-in-law smiling at me.

I waved goodbye to him before walking away to my car, Ariana's heels clicking behind me. I pulled my keys from my pants pocket and unlocked the driver side door.

"There something you need Ariana?" I asked with my back turned to her, resting my hand on the roof of my car.

Before she could speak I just shook my head and got in, shutting the door after myself and starting my car. I wasn't in the mood.

Ariana's POV:

I watched as Y/N drove off, tears beginning to fill my eyes. I heard Courtney's laugh die down before she walked over to me, her hand going over my shoulder and pulling me into her.

"I'm sorry for crying, I just- You look so beautiful by the way" I said through tears, feeling her shake with laughter.
"It's alright AG and thank you but what's going on? Wanna talk about it?" She asked and I lifted my head from her chest and wiped underneath my eyes, careful not to ruin my make up.

I let out a deep breath before telling her everything, starting with the engagement and meeting Dalton.

"I'm not one to judge but Jesus Christ Ariana" She said rubbing her temple as she processed everything I said.

"Court you act like I had intentions of all of this shit happening, I didn't"
"You could've stopped it, but you didn't"
"I didn't mean to fall in love with him. It came by surprise and then Y/N came back to me and I couldn't just say no" I said wiping the tears as they continued to fall from my eyes.

"You're the one that broke us up-"

I watched her open her mouth to speak then close it, beginning to laugh sarcastically.

"Actually- you know what? I'm not even gonna go there, the truth is gonna come out eventually Ariana and it's all gonna blow up in your face. I hope you and whichever fiancé chooses you have a happy life" She said with her back turned to me as she walked away.

Y/N's POV:

It had been a few hours since everything happened and I calmed down. I waited outside of Ariana's house for a while until I realized she wasn't home so I went upstairs and grabbed all of my belongings, putting them in the trunk of my car.