Chapter 53: Dear Y/N

(I truly don't think there's anything I can do to make you guys hate me more but that won't stop me from trying 😈🥶🙏🏽🗣‼️)

Y/N's POV:

I sat up with a yawn, silently hoping for a sleeping Ariana to be beside me but not being surprised when she wasn't there.

I noticed a piece of folded up paper on top of my nightstand. I figured it was from Ariana but I was running late for work so it would have to wait until I got back later on tonight.

While brushing my teeth, I got a FaceTime call from Kehlani.

"Good Morning, how's your sleep?" I asked her after spitting into the sink.
"Good mornin'" She mumbled in a sleepy voice, turning to face the sun so I could actually see her.

"I wanted to catch you before you went to work and ask you if you wanted to go on a date, tonight?"

I smiled at the offer but I knew I couldn't make it and she realized after taking my silence as an answer.

"Ugh fine, I'll free my schedule for— Friday?"
"I can do Friday"
"Good, I'll be at your house by 9"

-

"Hey you busy?" Courtney asked, loudly chewing jolly ranchers on the other end of the line.
"Yeah, I'm at work, like a normal person at 11AM and please stop chewing jolly ranchers and eat the candy like a sane person for once"

She paused, "How bout—no, anyway, have you talked to Ariana at all today?"
"No why, did something happen to her?"

Before I could get an answer from the idiot, she popped only candy into her mouth and immediately bit down on it.

"You're literally gonna get throat punched the next time I see you but I forgot to mention that she left me a note, it's on my nightstand, I haven't read it yet"

"What the fuck? Why not?"
"Because I had to get ready for work, besides, I'm not really worried about it. I'm over her"
"Mhmm, sure you are Y/N" she said with a laugh, not believing a word I said.

"I am, I even have a date with Kehlani on Friday"
"Good for you but everybody knows you're always gonna go back to Ariana the same way she's always gonna go back to you"
I shook my head as if she could see me, "Not this time Court, not after everything she's put me through this year alone"

"Anyway, I'll call you when I get home— after I read the note"
"Have fun working or whatever you do, love you"
"Love you too, tell my niece I said her mom's a fucking idiot"
"So is her aunt" she said before hanging up on me.

-

I tossed my bag onto the couch and grabbed a water out of the fridge then headed upstairs into my room.
I contemplated reading the note for a little too long if I'm being completely honest. I stared at it for what felt like hours, being too nervous to even touch it until my curiosity got the best of me and I caved.

I unfolded the paper and started at the top, reading it in her voice, "Dear Y/N, god that sounds so formal"

My lips curled into a small smile as I continued to read, "I genuinely don't know how to start this, where to even begin truth be told so I figured I'd lead with an apology. There's so many things that I want to apologize to you for but the most obvious one is the situation with Dalton. I know that me being with him and that entire situation not only destroyed everything between us but it destroyed you more than anything else and I'm sorry"

I ran my thumb over the dried tear drops and smeared pen ink, my heart aching as I pictured her writing this for me.

"I don't know what else to say besides I'm sorry. I've been in love with you since we were kids, as cliché as it sounds, I was in love with you before I even knew what love was and that's the truth:) but I truly am so sorry for breaking your heart the way I did. It was never my intention to hurt you even though it may have seemed like it with my actions"

I paused, blinking repeatedly to stop the tears from filling my eyes and eventually landing on the note.

At the very bottom of the note, she wrote, "P.S. if we don't get our happy ending, please know that it'll always be you I want it with, I love you Y/N"

Ariana's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing multiple times but I was too tired to grab it and see who it was. Using the backs of my hands, I attempted to rub the sleep out of my eyes but jerked my head back when I felt a sharp scratch on my left eye lid.

I sat up and scanned the room, reality of last night setting in. I pulled the sheets up to my chest while I looked for my clothes that were scattered across the floor.

When I heard the shower turn on, I quickly slipped my clothes back on and ran downstairs where my driver was waiting. I hadn't checked my phone yet because it miraculously which didn't help calm my nerves.

I raced upstairs and plugged it in, waiting for it to charge a bit before turning it back on.

Immediately, my heart sank when I saw I had 3 missed calls from Y/N.

I sat by my phone anxiously. I considered calling her but if she didn't answer then I'd have to leave a voicemail which would be embarrassing and I couldn't handle it at this given moment.

I also considered throwing my phone out the window and never contacting anyone again but here I sat, not moving a muscle as my heart pounded at a million miles a minute.

Fuck it.

I called her and not even a ring had passed before she answered, "Hello?" her voice making me want to cry.

My eyes became glossy and before I knew it tears were streaming down my face as I said the last thing I'd ever want.

-

I too am done with this story for real

I too am done with this story for real. I'm also taking it off of my library(no joking)

Run me my 120 votes 🙄