Chapter 55: I'll help

("Wtf let us be happy with Kehlani" how bout you're not happy with anyone 🥶😈‼️🗣🙏🏽)

Y/N's POV:

With Kehlani and work out of the way I was finally able to focus on what really mattered, my niece. I swooped her up from the ground and tossed her in the air, laughing along with her before catching her and doing it all over again.

I could hear my sister coming downstairs, "You need to leave"

I rolled my eyes and she walked over, taking her daughter out of my hands and tilting her head, giving me the 'I'm your sister but I'm acting like your mother' look.

"Court—"
"Nope nope no nah uh-uh" She pushed me toward the front door.
"Get the fuck out, go fix things with Ariana"

I turned around and flicked her forehead, "What do you mean 'fix things with Ariana'? She made it pretty damn clear—"
"—that she was still in love with you and from what I've not only heard but seen from you is you feel the same way she does"

I threw my head back and groaned.

"It's not that simple"

She pulled her phone from her pocket, reading what seemed to be a text message from who I assumed was the Italian woman we were talking about, "Guess it's a good thing you didn't wanna leave, Ariana's on her way"

"What the fuck Court? Why didn't you tell me?" I scrambled to grab my keys, wallet, and phone before rushing toward the door that I was previously being shoved to but by the time I made it, the door had opened and there stood Ariana not even an inch from me.

We both stared at each other in silence, continuously opening our mouths to speak but no words coming out. Thankfully Courtney spoke up or it would've miraculously gotten more awkward than it already was.

"You two done over there or are we gonna discuss my daughter's first birthday?"

Before either of us could reply, Daniel, Courtney's husband came down the stairs and walked toward the living room.

"Babe did you tell them about the—" My sister shot my in-law a glare and he quickly shut up, leaving Ariana and I more confused than when we walked in together.

"Tell us about what— Courtney what's going on?" I looked toward Ariana who shrugged, wanting to know what was going on as well.
"I'll tell you guys later, just start planning my daughters birthday"

"Planning? You never said— oh my god" Ariana looked at me, "When she first got pregnant we agreed to plan it together, no exceptions"
We both gave Courtney an eye roll who just smiled and shoved the both of us out of her home.

"So where are we going?"
"Target is down the street and they should have the majority of the shit we need aside from the cake and that" Ariana silently nodded while we walked to our separate cars.

I followed Ariana to Target, parking in the space across from hers.

"Why'd we take two cars instead of one?" I asked, squinting a bit because of the sun shining in my eyes.
"'Cause— I don't know honestly" She said with a smile, the both of us laughing then walking side by side into the store.

We walked around the store, passing the clothing section and heading to the back where everything we needed was. When Ariana miraculously spotted the toy section from across the store, she grabbed my hand and began sprinting toward it.

"You're gonna make me face plant in the middle of Target, slow down" I begged as she continued to sprint. "Keep up" She said breathlessly, finally slowing down when we reached the Toy section.