Chapter 58: I'm sorry

Ariana's POV:

With a smile on my face, I partially opened my eyes and yawned lowly. My hands spread across the sheets in search for Y/N.

When I was met with cold air instead of my Y/N, I sat up in a panic.

I clutched the sheets against my bare chest and calmed my breathing, picking up the note that was left for me.

'Sorry I wasn't able to wake up beside you, I have work:( but I'll be back later'

I tossed the note to the side of the bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes with a quickness. I let out yet another yawn before grabbing my phone to check the time.

9:03

I gathered my things and let myself out with
Y/N's spare house key.

My car was parked in Y/N's extra parking space in front of her garage. I unlocked it and got inside, letting it warm up before pulling out of the driveway.

Paparazzi's started taking photos of me and my car but thankfully the windows were tinted so they weren't able to actually see me.

On the way home, Courtney called.

I turned down the music slightly and answered the call, "Hey Court, what're you up to?"

"Nothin' but your niece seems to miss you"

The baby screamed in the background before throwing a block at Courtney, most likely hitting her in the head based off of her reaction.

"Daniel, come get your child!" She yelled and I laughed on the other end.

"I'll be there in 10, did you want anything while I'm out?" I asked her while turning the wheel to make a U-Turn.

"Just a coffee, iced caramel latte please"
"Okay, see you soon"

The call ended after and I headed toward the nearest coffee place which just so happened to be Starbucks.

Nearly 15 minutes later, I was walking into Courtney's house. I unlocked her front door and set her coffee on the island in the kitchen then opened my arms for Raine to run into.

I picked her up with a smile and spun her around while she laughed.

Courtney picked up her coffee and took a sip.

"I slept with Y/N last night"

She spit out what little coffee she had in her mouth and came around the corner with a dropped jaw.

"Did not need to know that detail, should've and could've kept that one to yourself"

She walked around me and into the living room, taking a seat in the corner of the sofa.

"I think you should—I think you should tell Y/N about what happened in New York, honestly Ariana" She said with a straight face, refusing to move a muscle until I nodded.

"I'm going to but I don't know how I'm supposed to talk about it with her, let alone to bring it up"

I threw my head back with a groan, running my hands over my face.

Y/N's POV:

"Hey"

I moved the phone away from my ear, looking at the Caller ID before bringing it back to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked confused.

"Y/N, it's Tatum"

I let out a deep sigh, taking in another breath then speaking, "You're not the first person I'd expect to hear from today"