Chapter 20: Yes?

Ariana's POV:

I woke up this morning to an empty bed.
My heart was aching, I just wanted to see Y/n's beautiful smile again and hear her laugh that made my heart pound.
Fuck I missed her.
I rolled over and grabbed my phone from the other side of the bed, checking my notifications to see if there was anything from Y/n.
To my surprise, there was one.

iMessage:
My baaaabyyy 🥰: Good morning beautiful, I love you
My baaaabyyy 🥰: Even though we're in an argument right now, I still had to tell you
Me: Thank you my baby
Me: Good morning
Me: I love you too 🥺
Read

Just as I was about to get in the shower, someone started knocking on the door.
In hopes that it was Y/n, I sprinted over and opened it, only to reveal Courtney...my baby's sister.
When she saw the look of disappointment on my face, she rolled her eyes.
"What's going on with you and Y/n? She still hasn't come back?" She asked as she set down the bags of food that were in her hands.
I shook my head and sat on the corner of the bed.
She followed and sat beside me.

"I'll call her ass right now" Court said pulling out her phone immediately and I shook my head, locking her phone.
"It's fine, she'll come back when she's ready"
"Besides, it's my fault- I was acting like a total bitch so I understand if she doesn't wanna be around me right now"
We talked for a little while longer until she had to go talk to her mom.
"Call me if you need anything, love you"
"Love you too Court"

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower before stripping out of my bottoms, leaving me in just a shirt.
I was in the middle of taking off my top when my door started to be knocked on again.
I let out an exaggerated groan before walking over to the door once again.
I didn't check to see who it was, I just swung the door open and I've never regretted anything more.
"Hey"
"I've missed you"
"I've missed you too, do you wanna come in?" I asked.

Y/n's POV:

Even though I didn't even do anything wrong, I still felt like a complete asswipe for leaving her alone.
Last night I called up Tiley and we went to a studio to dance.
We ended up putting together some new choreography for some of the dances and one of Ariana's future performances.
Brian and Scott added onto it and that's what I've been doing.
I was on my way back to Ariana's hotel after rehearsals when she started blowing up my phone.

iMessage:
Mamas 🐨💞: I miss you
Mamas 🐨💞: When are u coming back?
Mamas 🐨💞: Just please come hold me
Me: I'm 2 blocks away
Mamas 🐨💞: Please hurry
Read

I ran the rest of the way to Ariana's hotel room door.
I used my key to unlock the door, walking in I found Ariana in tears on the edge of the bed.
My heart broke at the sight.
"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked and she continued to cry, trying to catch her breath in the process.
"What can I do to help?"
"Just h-hold me" She begged and I nodded, crawling beside her.
I held her in my arms for hours, listening to her continuous sobs until she eventually calmed down.
"I'm sorry"

Ariana's POV:

"For what?" She asked softly.
I felt guilty.
"Have you talked to your ex?" I asked, playing with her fingers that were wrapped around my waist as we laid down.
"Not since the last time, around Thanksgiving- why?"
I turned around in her arms, moving my head to the crook of her neck.
"Baby what's going on?" She asked as she rubbed my back softly.
I let out a sigh before laying on my back.
"I had a dream..."

"About me and my ex?" She asked and I stayed quiet.
She took my silence as my answer.
I heard her scoff and let out a fake laugh as she sat up.
This is not the way that I wanted this to happen.
"Are you being serious right now?" She asked and I sat up along with her.
"Baby-" I said softly, attempting to grab her hand but she pulled back.
"-don't baby me right now"
She's pissed...great.

"Is this your way of asking if I'm cheating on you with Kehlani?"
"Y/n-"
"-just answer the damn question Ariana" She said slightly raising her voice which made me jump.
"Can you just come back to bed and we can talk about this tomorrow?" I asked and she laughed as she shook her head.
"Can you just answer my question?"
"It's a simple yes or no Ariana"
"Yes" I said lowly.
"Yes?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Do you not trust me or something?" She asked and I shook my head immediately.
"Baby I do-"
"-Did I do something wrong Ariana? If I did, please tell me because I hate being like this, especially with you" She said as tears began to drop down her cheeks.
"I miss the way we were"
"Baby-"
"-Do you even want to be with me anymore?" She asked softly and I stood up, walking toward her but she backed up.

"Just answer my question...do you want me or not?"
"What kind of question is that? Of course I want you and I want to be with you" I said and she looked away from me.
"Then what's with these pointless arguments and the lack of trust that you have with me?" She asked and I shrugged.
"I don't know"
"That's not an- how can you say that you want me or you want to be with me when you're not even honest with me?" She asked and I gave her a confused look.
"What're you talking about?"

"Don't play stupid Ariana, I know what went down earlier while I was away and supposedly cheating on you with my ex"
"Y/n, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about" I said and she scoffed.
"Who were you talking to while I was gone?"
"Ricky and I were just-"
As soon as I said his name, her face dropped and I couldn't decipher her emotions.
Was she sad or pissed off?
Fuck.
"Did you c-cheat on me with h-him?" She asked and when I didn't say anything she started bawling her eyes out before walking out.
"Y/n wait-"