Chapter 59

Y/N's POV:

"Like what does she expect me to do? She's married to someone else and wants me to give her a chance again. That's bullshit Court." I ranted; my sister was on the other end listening. I shook my head, grabbing whatever I could find and tossing it across the room. I had so much built-up anger and hurt with no way to release any of it.

"And then when I ask her about it last night, she just walked away from me, so I'm just so fucking confused about it."

I continued to rant to Courtney who listened like the great sister that she is.

"Sorry to interrupt but Mom and Dad are hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow at their place, they wanted me to tell you since you got a new number and never gave it to them." Courtney told me, reminding me that I hadn't talked to our parents in months.

"What time?"

"6:30 I believe."

Our phone call ended, and I spent the entire day sulking, questioning this entire situation with Ariana. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, I didn't want to say or make the wrong move and ruin things more than they already are.

I wanted her in my life obviously, but it didn't seem like things were set up in that favor.

The next day, Thanksgiving, I started my day early, wanting to get in the gym before I stuffed my face during dinner later today. I took a much-needed self-care shower and took my time getting dressed. I wore a plain black turtleneck with matching black suit pants and a plain jacket to follow, a few pieces of subtle gold jewelry as well.

I walked into my parent's home, expecting to see our immediate family but was shocked when I seen Ariana and Dalton seated at the table. I felt my blood begin to boil at the sight. Ariana continuously stared at me regardless of where I went in the home, only furthering my anger.

I couldn't take it, I needed to get air.

I went to walk out but Courtney stopped me, suggesting I go on a walk instead of leaving entirely.

Ariana's POV:

I watched Y/N's mom hug Dalton, exchanging smiles with him just as Y/N came back in. Y/N had ignored everyone on the way back to her seat at the end of the table, she looked pissed. My eyes went back to the other two, she held his forearms as the laughed together.

"Your cologne smells great," The older woman complimented, Y/N ignoring the comment and continuing to pick at the tablecloth while she stared into oblivion.

"Where did you get it?"

Before Dalton could answer, an obnoxiously loud scoff was heard from the corner of the room, everybody turning their heads to Y/N who acted as if nothing happened. I wanted to giggle at the gesture, but I didn't. Their father was in the kitchen, finishing up the rest of the dinner while we took our seats.

Courtney had come back from the liquor store after buying a buzz ball, greeting me for the first time today. I remained seated while she wrapped her arms around me from behind, my hands reaching to hold her forearms in the process.

She kissed the side of my head, resting our cheeks against each other with smiles.

"You smell so good, what perfume is that?" She asked, taking another inhale before standing up straight. She began to walk away to greet the others, still looking to me for an answer.

"Thanks, my wife bought it." I mentioned a bit louder than intended, my eyes immediately going to Y/N in hopes that she'd look up after hearing me, but she didn't, instead she got up and headed to the bathroom.