Chapter 11: But I did

Ariana's POV:

Christmas was a few days ago and it went great, Y/n got me the same Nike hoodie of hers and she got us matching pajamas.
She also gave me a Tiffany necklace with her initials, it was a very emotional Christmas for me.
I got her a promise ring with our anniversary date and my initials.
We've been having some rehearsals every now and then because tour starts in a few months but surprisingly the universe has been on my side recently, it's kinda strange.

I've been very very happy and I have my wonderful girlfriend for that.
"Good...fucking...morning...my...love" I said in between kisses.
Y/n smiled as she began to wake.
"I love you" I said pecking her lips.
She has yet to say it back but I'm completely okay with it.
"Good morning mamas" She said in her raspy, very fucking attractive morning voice.
Jesus Christ.
"What?" I questioned as I hovered over her.

I wanted to hear her say it again.
"I said good morning" She said running her hands across my back.
"I know but what'd you call me?"
"Oh, I called you mamas" She said licking her lips.
Fuck.
"Say it again" I said planting a kiss on her lips.
"Mamas" She whispered and I lost it.
I don't know what it is about that nickname and it coming from her lips but it's so attractive.
I straddled her as we began to heavily make out, that was until Courtney came in.

Y/n's POV:

"I will never get used to this" Courtney said as I ran my hands up Ariana's thighs.
"Y'all need to not do that while I'm here, please and thank you"
We both started laughing as she rolled her eyes at our position.
"What's up?" Ariana asked Courtney as she 'innocently' began to slowly rock her hips.
Courtney needs to leave, like now.
"I was gonna ask if you guys wanted to go shopping to get shit for tonight"

Ariana interlocked both of our hands and put them near my head as we spoke to Courtney.
"Nah, I already told you that I was gonna go with Kehlani to get everything" I said and I felt Ariana tense up.
"Oh alright, never mind then" She said before walking out and closing the door behind her.
As soon as the door closed Ariana released our hands and crossed her arms.
I leaned up to kiss her but she shook her head.
"Kehlani? The singer?" She questioned and I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me? I made plans for us today, I was gonna surprise you"
I immediately felt bad.
"Baby I'm sorry, let me make it up to you" I said moving my hands from her thighs to her ass.
She's been gaining weight recently and I really like it.
I don't know why but she doesn't necessarily appreciate her weight gain, I think it looks sexy as hell.
"How're you gonna make it up to me?" She asked and I shrugged.
"Anything you want"
"Anything I want?" I nodded in confirmation.

"I'll keep that in mind but until then, I'm mad" She said giving me a quick peck on the lips before climbing off of me and walking downstairs to the kitchen.
"Don't be mad at me" I whined as I followed closely behind her.
"You're hanging with your ex, of course I'm gonna be mad" She said rolling her eyes.
"It's fine whatever"
"No way, you're jealous" I said slightly chuckling.
"No I'm not"
"Alright I'll be back, I'm gonna go with Kehlani" I said smiling to myself and I walked back upstairs.

-

"Two times in less than a month, if I didn't know any better I'd think you've missed me"  Kehlani said nudging me as we sat in the car.
"Yeah right" I said laughing, she gasped before playfully punching my arm.
We made a few jokes in the car before getting out and going inside.
"Alright, what're we getting?"
"Alcohol of course, cups, fruit, ping pong balls, shot glasses, jello, and some other shit" I said pushing the cart.
"Anything else?" She asked with a laugh.

"Courtney sent me like 50 texts, each item individually" I said showing her my phone.
We walked around the store for about 2 minutes before she started complaining about her feet so she hopped in the cart and forced me to push her lazy ass.
I started sprinting down the isles and hopping on the back as we cruised through the store.
"$119.23" The cashier said and I sighed.
Fucking Courtney.
I handed her the cash and we bagged everything before leaving.

"Kehlani, what's the deal with you and Y/n?" A man shouted and soon enough loads of people began surrounding us.
Flashes were going off and it was very annoying.
"Are you guys back together?" They shouted at us and we both started laughing.
"No, we're just friends" She said smiling as she entered the passenger seat.
"Friends with your ex? That's a new one" The reporter remarked and I couldn't help but laugh.
Ariana is literally friends with Ricky but okay.

Ariana's POV:

"Oh shit" Y/n said dropping the bags of stuff on the ground as she laughed breathlessly.
I was gonna ask what happened but Kehlani came in with the same expression.
"Hey baby" Y/n said walking over to me.
She grabbed my face within her hands and tried to kiss my lips but I turned my head and she was met with my cheek.
I was jealous as hell.
"Hey Ariana" She said waving and I smiled back.
I helped put everything away as Y/n got the majority of the stuff set up for tonight.

"Need help?" I asked approaching her from behind.
She let out a deep sigh before nodding.
"Can you help me-"
Before she could say another word I dipped my hand in a bag of flour and lightly smacked her face.
She looked at me with a wide grin on her face before mimicking my actions.
I tried to run away but she caught me by my waist and trapped me in the corner.
"Baby don't you dare" I said trying to hold in my laughter.
"Give me a kiss and I won't" She said and I nodded.

I pulled her into me by her collar and attached my lips on hers for a quick kiss.
We pulled away smiling and her hand rose.
"Baby you said you wouldn't"
"My fingers were crossed" She said making me giggle.
I wish they were somewhere else but it is what it is.
She lightly smacked my face with her floured hand and I gasped, wiping the excess flour that was on my hair.
I reached behind me and grabbed some more flour, throwing it at her face.

She laughed as she grabbed an egg and cracked it on my head.
"You...did...not..." I said and she nodded.
"But I did"
I chased her around the table, throwing flour at her until Courtney came into the kitchen, forcing us to stop.
I went upstairs to Y/n's bathroom to see that my navy blue and red flannel was now covered in flour and egg along with my ripped blue jeans.
I was actually wearing shoes for once too, they were white, now they're yellow and orange.

-

We both took a shower and changed into non-flour and egg covered clothes before going back downstairs to clean.
By the time we finished it was already 11:00 and a lot of people were showing up.
Y/n and I sat outside for a while, watching the beautiful night sky before it was lit up by fireworks to celebrate the New Year.
"I love you" She said mindlessly but it made my heart flutter.

"What'd you just say?" I asked with a smile on my face.
Nothing could take it away.
Y/n hates to admit her feelings so I know her saying that took a lot of courage.
She shook her head and grabbed my hand, leading me right outside her gate.
It had the perfect view of the ocean, it was beautiful.
I looked at my phone to check the time, 11:59.
"Anything you wanna admit before the new year?" I asked nudging her.

"I don't know, maybe tell me that you love me again"
I loved to tease her.
We heard the count down from outside, everyone was yelling.
"Make a wish babygirl" She whispered and I nodded, closing my eyes.
I wished for us to be together and be happy.
"Are you gonna tell me what you wished for?" She asked and I shook my head before pulling her into me by the waist.
"Just shut up and kiss me" I said closing my eyes and enjoying the sensation that was Y/n.
"2019 feels great already" She said pulling away.
"It's only gonna get better from here"