Chapter 46: The Finale Pt 1

Y/N's POV:

"Where are you?"
"I'm picking up my suit, why what's up?" I said to Courtney on the phone as I walked up to the Tailors for a last minute fitting.

"I'm on my way, Daniel is dropping me off"

"What? Why?"
"Because we need to have a talk" Was all she said before hanging up.

Oh god, what am I in trouble for this time?

-

I walked out of the tailor with my suit in a black casing over my shoulder. Unlocking the back door, I hung it up and got scared by my sister grabbing my arm.

"You almost got an elbow to the throat Court"

She just rolled her eyes and waited for me to follow her into what I'm assuming was the nail shop next door.

The smell of nail polish filled my senses as soon as we stepped inside of the glass building, making my head get light. After being forced into one of the seats and giving both of my hands over to the woman across from me, Courtney began to make small talk.

"I think you should marry that girl, she's good for you"

I looked at her with a slight smile on my face and just rolled my eyes.

"I tried to marriage- fiancée bullshit and look how that planned out"
"I'd say it's going pretty well, I mean you are going to her wedding"

"It didn't work out 'cause you ain't pick the right girl"

Curious to who was speaking, I looked up from my hands to see Victoria walking in and taking the seat beside me. Another employee of the nail salon began taking care of Victoria's hands.

"And who would be the right girl Ms.Monet?"
"Njomza of course"

Courtney and I instantly rolled our eyes in synch.

"Why do you guys want me to settle down so bad? I like being single, single Y/N is fun"
"And a whore" Court added.

After a moment of silence my sister spoke again,
"So how many kids you and Kehlani want?"

"You mean Njomza?"

"I said what I said"
"Lani has Adeya and I doubt she'd want anymore and besides, Njomza has one on the way"
"Yeah, she's carrying your child"

"Actually, I can't have kids Vic"

Her eyes damn near popped out of their sockets,
"Wait what-"
"Yeah, I got the results back and I can't have kids"
"Wait- so Ariana's first mis-"
"Wasn't mine" I admitted sadly.

Courtney realized my change in tone and decided to change the subject, "Moving on, who are you taking to the wedding?"

"Vic?"

"I'm flattered but my boyfriend is taking me Thailand for my birthday"
"I didn't even know you had a boyfriend"
"We've only been dating a few months" She said with a shrug, "I didn't want to tell anyone until I knew it was for sure serious"

"If I would've known my side chick got bagged, I wouldn't be going" I joked, earning a playful slap on the arm from the brown-skinned woman.

"You're annoying"
"And you're in love with me"
"Courtney get your sister" Vic said with a smile, her eyes never leaving mine.
"C'mon Vic, just a little taste babygirl"

I watched as her eyes slowly averted to my lips which I slowly licked on purpose.

"Uh- Vic-"
"Ugh Courtney, she's just- I hate you Y/N" She finally broke eye contact with my mouth and rolled her eyes with a smile.