Chapter 38: Bye Dalton

Ariana's POV:

Before I could even mutter another word, a sob
escaped my lips. I could hear her breath hitch from the other end of the phone.

"Y/n..."
"Can we do this again tomorrow? Ariana needs me and-"
"-I understand. Now go dummy"

Was that Courtney?

There was a brief moment of loudness before the call went silent and then her heavy breathing was heard.

"What're you doing? Why are you breathing so heavy?"
"I...am...currently running to my car...and I'm breathing heavy...because...I got...asthma and I'm out of shape...but I'm like 15 or so minutes from your house"

"Y/n it's not that big of a deal, I could just tell you over the phone"

I just wanted to get it over with.

"Ariana I'm on my way, just wait.. please. I have something that I need to tell you too"

I let out a loud sigh and nodded as if she could see me.
"Alright?"
"Okay, please hurry"

Y/n's POV:

"I will. I love you"
"Yeah..you too" She said before hanging up.

I got a 'yeah..you too' in response to 'I love you' what the fuck is going on?

I tapped both of my front pockets and ran my hands across the back of my pants in search for my keys.

Then I saw Courtney step outside and wave them in the air.

"Assuming you need your keys to drive?"

I went over to her and grabbed them from her hands, kissing her cheek and thanking her.
"I love you, you're a life saver"
"I love you too, drive safe please"
"Promise"

I put the keys in the ignition and turned it over, revving the engine and laughing with Courtney before taking off.

Just as 'Cash Shit' came on, my phone started ringing.

I groaned, pausing the music to answer my phone.

"I'm two blocks away.."

(Iconic)

I wasn't really two blocks away, I was picking up food but she didn't need to know that.

"I'm assuming you thought this was Ariana?"

Can this guy give me a break? Jesus Christ.

"What do you want D-Bag? I'm kinda busy...is this the order for Y/n?"

The woman at the window nodded and handed me the 2nd bag of food.

"Alright, since I'm such a nice guy...I'll give you one more chance"
"Call off the engagement or I swear to god, I'll make your life a living hell. You'll want to break up with Ariana by the time I'm done"

I started laughing as I shoved fries in my mouth.

"Kiss my ass, you're not invited to the wedding. I'll be sure to let security know to keep you off the premises"

"Just know that you brought this onto yourself"
"She's gonna be crying and begging to come back to me. Give Njomza my best"
"Bye Dalton, have a nice day sweetie. It's always a pleasure speaking to you"

I hung up the phone and went to turn the music back on but my car started beeping, implying that I was running out of gas.

"Can this day get any worse?" I groaned, hitting the steering wheel as I pulled into a gas station not too far from Ariana's.

I stuck my head out the window, "Pump 3?"

I took what money I had in my wallet and went inside to pay, picking up a water and some gummy bears to snack on.

I opened up the gummies and tossed a few in my mouth as I walked back to my car, ready to pump the gas. I put the nozzle in my tank and leaned against the passenger door of my car as I waited for it to finish.

"Hey..Y/n"

I turned around to see a woman standing there, holding her stomach.

"Who the hell are y- N-Njomza? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Seems like we have a mutual friend"
"I wouldn't consider Dalton a friend, not even an acquaintance. More like a problem that needs to be solved- what're you doing here anyway? How did you know where to find me?"

She took a step closer and I took one back.

"Look, we need to talk"
"About?"
She held her stomach as she spoke to me, "About what Dalton said..."

Ariana's POV:

I paced around my kitchen as I waited for the results of the test.

I was either pregnant or I wasn't.

Simple, right?

Wrong.

If the test came back positive, it'd just cause more drama that I'm not ready for. I checked the timer on my phone which said it hadn't even been two minutes yet.

Fuck.

I mean I could always abort the clump of cells or I could wait 9 months and go through the pain of birthing a baby...I hadn't really thought about what I wanted, I've been too focused on avoiding my problems.

I know Y/n would respect whatever decision I made which eases my mind, unless the baby isn't hers and it's Dalton's but even then he would respect my decision with whatever I wanted to do. But then I'd have to break the news to Y/n that the baby possibly isn't hers and I don't wanna break her heart again but if it is hers then I'd have to break the news to Dalton and that'd break his heart which is also something that I don't wanna do.

Fuck.

I was pulled from my own mind when the beeping from my phone went off, meaning the timer was done and the results were set.

I hesitantly picked up the test..seeing two lines.

I was pregnant.

I was about to start crying when my front door opened.

"Ariana?" Y/n called out.

I turned around tossed the test across the room so she couldn't find it then ran into her arms.

She kissed the top of my head and held me tightly, "Hey baby"

We quickly kissed before my guilt began to settle. "I need to tell you something but you can't react until I finish saying everything that I need to"

-

80 votes and I'll release the next chapter. Until then...🧍🏽‍♀️