Chapter 50: Tomorrow

(I woke up to over 200 notifs from wattpad ✋🏽😃)

Y/N's POV:

I watched Ariana stumble out of my sight while she wiped tears away. My heart couldn't do anything but shatter into pieces at the sight.

As tears from my own eyes began to fall, I quickly wiped them away, turning to face Tatum who stood there silently.

"What're you-"

I paused, allowing myself to breathe before I had a breakdown in front of her.

My hand wiped across my face as I sniffled, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

When she didn't answer immediately I felt myself grow angrier by the second, "I asked you a question"

She stood still as I towered over her, "What the fuck are you doing here Tatum? I'm not gonna ask again"
I looked down at her, watching her eyes move from the wooden counter to meet mine again.

"I came to make things work Y/N, for us, for our family"

I laughed loudly in her face.

"Make things work?"
"You want to make things work?" I repeated, hoping she'd at least hear the stupidity she spilled.

I turned around and took another shot of whatever was on the counter.

"We can be a family again Y/N"

"Again? Family? What the fuck are you talking about?"

Instead of answering, she just grabbed my hands and made me look at her, something she always did when we used to argue like this.

"Look- just meet me at the old Lake House we used to rent in college"

I looked at her with a blank stare.

"Tatum-"
"Just one day" She begged.

I sighed, standing there in silence as contemplated agreeing. No way I was actually entertaining this right?

"Tomorrow, 12 PM, don't be late please"

She walked out of the bar after paying for my tab with a smile.

After almost passing out inside, I decided to call it quits before I ended up with alcohol poisoning. There was no reason for me to risk mine or someone else's life with driving home in my state of mind so I called an Uber home and prayed that I could sleep it off before leaving tomorrow morning.

The lake house we used to rent as a group when I was studying to get my engineering degree at USC was roughly a three hour drive from my place.

"Are you really gonna drive three hours for this bullshit?" I asked myself, watching through the mirror in my bathroom.
"You're an idiot aren't you?"

I stared in both: disgust and disbelief before grabbing my phone, keys, wallet, and some snacks for the drive.

15 minutes into the drive to Tatum's, 'Teach Me How To Dougie' came on and I almost crashed on the freeway while I danced.

(I be hittin' mean ass dougie's 😩)

-

I pulled into one of the 4 parking spaces outside, an unsettling feeling landing in my stomach when I turned off my car. I sat inside with my hands resting on the steering wheel as I contemplated leaving.

My head fell back against my headrest and I sighed, taking one last deep breath before unbuckling my seatbelt and shutting my car door behind me.

My hands found my pockets in a hurry as I slowly walked up to Tatum who was on the front porch. California Red Wood and Sequoia trees surrounded the majority of the place, except for the big ass lake in the backyard and the fire pit just a few feet away from where I stood.

I hadn't been here since my senior year of college which was around the time Tatum and I broke things off the first time, which is also around the time  I started sleeping my way through the East Coast only to land back here with Courtney.

The closer I got to Tatum, who was laughing and joking around with the others, the more I realized what was going on.

'Happy Birthday' banners hung throughout the woods along with balloons and decorative Avenger items, mainly Wanda themed.

"A kid's birthday? I wouldn't have shown up empty handed if I knew it was someone's birthday" I told Tatum as I stepped onto the porch, immediately grabbing her attention from the previous conversation she was having.

"It's fine, she doesn't really like gifts"
"How old is the birthday girl turning?" I asked, only to not receive an answer when a gasp was heard from behind me.

I turned around to see Tatum's mother, Jennifer.

"Is that Y/N?"

I flashed her a smile, taken by surprise when she wrapped her arms around me tightly. I could've sworn I stopped breathing for a moment.

"What're you doing here? Did you miss me Mrs.Chipolone?" She asked with a subtle smile, feeling up on my arms after she pulled away from the bone-crushing hug.

"Uh y-yeah of course but I'm here because Tatum asked" I said with no confidence behind my words and an awkward laugh to follow.

"Ugh Tatum, why is my daughter-in-law outside? Get her inside before she has a heatstroke, darling is probably dehydrated"

Against my will, I was pulled inside by Jennifer, Tatum laughing loudly behind me.

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, Tatum's grandma had showed up. The only person who loves me more than Jennifer is her mother. I was in my personal hell at the moment.

The two older women began feeling up on my arms as I awkwardly laughed, eventually being pulled from between the two of them by Tatum.

"I appreciate the save but I blame you for letting that happen again"
"It's not my fault everyone wants a piece of Y/N"
"I get it, I'm irresistible" I said with a smile, watching as Tatum laughed and pushed me playfully.

"I missed this" She admitted shyly as we headed out of the kitchen and back outside.

Before I could say anything, a taller figure bumped into me, causing me to stumble into the fridge. I immediately recognized the dickwad after his stupid chuckle.

"Austin"
"Y/N"

We stared each other down as I formed an insult in my head, "bald headed bitch"

"I'd watch that mouth if I was you"
"Your daughter choked on my-"

I was cut off when Tatum's hand was slapped across my mouth and took me outside.

"I get that you don't like my dad but you're not gonna disrespect him"
"No what I'm not gonna do is let some Mr.Clean fucker try to talk down on me. I'm not dealing with your family again Tatum, I'm sorry but I just can't" I shook my head and turned around, bumping into yet another person.

"You can't seem to stay away from me can you Y/N?"

I let out a heavy sigh, feeling my blood begin to boil and my hands form fists at the sight of his face "Dalton"

-

I have the general idea for the next 5 chapters planned out but I'm trying to make it fit and tie in with everything happening and OH MY GOD I'm ugly laughing 😭😭

All I'm saying is Chapter 54...👩🏽‍🦯

Oh and run me my 110 votes or someone getting hurt 🤨😒