Chapter 35: Why's that?

(This story was gonna end with Daltiana being married and Y/n alone at the wedding but nothing in my stories ever go according to plan because I get too many ideas 😳🙈)

Y/n's POV:

My heart was beating out of my chest as I stood there waiting for her answer.

Please say yes.

"No"

"What?"

"I mean yes- I obviously wanna say yes to spending the rest of my life with you but.." She trailed off, letting go of our connect hands as she looked out toward the ocean only to turn her attention back to me.

"..but what?"
"I wanna break up with him first...in person"

"Are you serious? Can you just say yes so I can take you up to the stupid Ferris Wheel and kiss you for the first time again" I begged, making her giggle a bit.
"It'll be cute and I promise the kiss will be better than the first one"

"I'm just kidding, I wanted to see your reaction and man did I get your ass good" She said laughing loudly, smacking my shoulder as I stood there in disbelief.
"I don't like you at all right now" I muttered as I slipped the diamond ring onto her finger.
"Yeah, because you love me"
"Damn right I do" I whispered, quickly kissing her perfect lips before grabbing her hand and running to the Ferris Wheel.

The Ferris Wheel obviously wasn't working since nobody was here but nonetheless, we got into the bottom cart.

"I love you and I can't wait to marry you and spend the rest of our lives together" I admitted as I toyed with her fingers.
"I love you too"

She leaned in slowly, attaching her lips onto mine.

After a few seconds, she suddenly pulled away from me and her hands went to the hem of my sweater.
"Let's have sex" She breathed out, moving her left leg over my waist to sit on my lap.

Her lips almost immediately went to my neck before I could process anything.

"What're you guys doing up there?" I heard a deep voice say from behind us, along with a flashlight shining up on the back of my head.
"You have 60 seconds to leave before I call the cops" He threatened.

I pushed Ariana off of me and pulled my sweater back down, grabbing her hand and sprinting off to the parking lot where our cars were.

-

"You're crazy Ms.Grande" I said out of breath as I unlocked my car.

Ariana walked around and stood in front of me, wrapping her arms around my neck.
"It's soon to be Mrs.Grande because there's no way I'm taking your last name, especially after what your sister did"
"Understandable. What kind of dress are you gonna be wearing when your fine ass walks down the isle and I'm waiting for you at the alter?"
"Custom made, you won't be able to see it until I walk,"

She leaned in close.

"but you sure as hell can rip it off after the ceremony"

Then her phone started ringing.

"It's the soon to be ex" She said holding up her phone, showing me the caller ID.

'D🤍'

"I just wanna stay in your arms forever, I've missed this" She mumbled into my chest.

A smile made its way onto my face once again.

"How 'bout you meet me at my place after you break his heart and we'll eat some of your nasty ass vegan food instead of some fire ass Raising Canes?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out an extra key, wiggling it in front of her face, making her gasp.

"I made an extra copy just in case"

"Baby" She said excitedly, the shocked expression never faltering.

"Okay, I'm gonna go and break up with him so I can finally be with you again. I'm spending the night at your place, we need to catch up on Lucifer, I haven't watched it since we broke up"
"Sounds like a plan, I love you, drive safe and text me when you're home" I said kissing her lips, then her forehead.
"I love you too, and do the same please. I already miss you" She yelled from the other side of the parking lot.
"We're not gonna be that couple, get your ass in the car and go home so you can come back to me already"

I laughed to myself a bit before getting in the driver seat.
I started up my car, getting ready to pull off only to receive a call.

Assuming it was my fiancée, I immediately answered.
"Hey beautiful"
"Congrats on the engagement, too bad it's gonna be short lived Y/n"

I pulled the phone from my ear to look at the caller ID, 'Private Number'

Great.

"Who is this? Is this Ariana's ex? The dude I talked to at the door?" I asked, only to have him chuckle.
"It's Ariana's boyfriend, I go by Dalton by the way"
"Why are you calling and how'd you know we got engaged?"

"I took a lucky guess. Anyway, I'm gonna need you to call off that engagement"
I laughed loudly.
"Why's that?"
"Because Y/n, I know a secret- well a few if I'm being completely honest here"

"Okay dude, I'm gonna hang up because you're obviously upset that Ariana's gonna dump your sorry ass"

"It'll hurt Ariana which is why I haven't told her. I promise I won't ever tell her if you stop seeing her and go back to your life with Njomza"
"Ariana's my life now..again and there's nothing you can do to change that" I said with a shrug.

"Oh- you don't know? This is news to you as well huh?" He said laughing at the end.
"What're you talking about?"
"Congrats, you're gonna be a mother- or is it father because of your situation? Anyway- it'd be a shame if Ariana found this out. Oh wait, here she is now. Have a nice night Y/n" He said before hanging up.

I tossed my phone to the seat beside me before beginning to cry.