Chapter 52: Where to?

Y/N's POV:

I walked off, hearing Tatum's footsteps following not too far behind me.

I could hear her calling out for me but I genuinely didn't care anymore, I wanted to leave.

After the millionth time of hearing my name being called, I turned around out of annoyance, regretting coming here when she said, "Where are you going? We're about to do the cake"

I shrugged my shoulders with a loss of words, "I've gotta go, I shouldn't have come here"

She sighed heavily, standing still while I walked over to her. I pulled my wallet out from my back pocket and opened it up, skimming through a few bills and holding it out for her.

"Here, give this to the birthday girl" I said with a smile, only for it to be dropped when she shook her head and pushed the cash back into my chest.

Great, now I feel bad.

"She's fine. She doesn't need cash, she needs both of her parents"

My head tilted a bit out of confusion, "Who's her other parent?"
"Are you stupid or are you an idiot?"

When I didn't respond she muttered, "A mix of both obviously"

Before I could make a comment, I felt a hand gently caressing my cheek, causing my eyes to blink rapidly and open up completely. After taking in my surroundings and realizing I was at home, I felt the warmth on my cheek leave.

"Ariana?"

I watched her face soften at the sight of mine, her hand going to hold mine with a small smile.

"I shouldn't have stayed, this was stupid of me"

She turned to walk away but I grabbed her hand just in time, "Stupid or not, you're here and I want you to stay"

Her head dropped slightly, the smile leaving for a frown as well as some tears forming in her eyes,
"Y/N," She sighed, shaking her head before continuing, "I've gotta go"

I played with the tips of her fingers while staring up at her, "please Ariana? My head hurts" I begged.

She tilted her head back, looking up toward the ceiling with a small smile then back down at me, "fine"

"So how did I end up here?" I asked while she climbed into bed behind me, wrapping her arms around my body.

"We got to the bar and you passed out not even 2 minutes into a conversation with me"

We both laughed before she continued with the story, "I had to carry your big ass out to the car and then inside, upstairs, and then cover you up because you were shivering"

Her hand landed on top of mine, revealing the red stringed bracelet I had given her when we were kids. She realized what I was looking at when I remained silent.

"I'm surprised you're just now noticing, I haven't taken it off since you put it on"
"You still have yours?" She asked and I shook my head, "Courtney got jealous when we went to homecoming and threw it away at the dance"

"I dislike your sister sometimes" She joked, our laughs filling the room.
"I got it tattooed around my ankle though, I don't physically have it but it's always with me"

I felt her smile widen against my cheek before she gently placed her lips on it.

"I wish we did things differently" She mumbled against my skin as I dozed off.