SEVENTY EIGHT

"Lyra, you're with me today

"Lyra, you're with me today." I grin up at Marianne from the patient charts I'd been studying and nod, "you got it boss." The hospital was a very tense atmosphere right now, well they were around our team. I didn't know the details but Sophia Henry and Noah had done something wrong and Marianne was very pissed about it.

Although Spencer and I hadn't taken part in whatever it is they had done, we too had to sit through the lecture about how Marianne is responsible for us and how our actions reflect on her and how she had to deal with the consequences.

Nobody would even tell us what was wrong though, when I had asked Sophia she burst into tears and ran away. Noah said nothing surprisingly and Henry was just quiet anyways, it seemed a bit futile to even try and get anything out of him. I wasn't too worried one of the others would crack eventually.

"Do you think they killed someone?" Spencer asks making me shrug, "maybe, who's fault do you think it is?" I ask back, "Noah's in the most trouble." I nod, "but Sophia seems guiltiest."

"Stop your gossiping and come on!" I jump as we turn to see Marianne stood there glaring at us, I thought she had walked ahead. "Spencer you're with Phoenix." Spencer tries and fails to withhold a groan of annoyance, "ugh I wish I had anyone but Phoenix."

"He's not so bad." I shrug, "yeah to you." My eyebrows furrow, "really?" Spencer nods, "last time he sent me to get him lunch." He tells me, "but that's not your job." That was weird healer Phoenix was always pleasant with me, "I know that but I couldn't say no to him, plus he's so boring and he never lets me help, no matter how many errands I run for him."

"I'm surprised you aren't with him today actually, you're with him a lot." My eyebrows furrow as I think on it I did spend a lot of my time at St.Mungos with Phoenix opposed to the other healers. "That's because he asks for you." Noah chimes in joining the conversation, "how do you know that?"

"People talk." He shrugs, "he asked for you today actually but Marianne wanted nothing to do with the rest of us so she refused, I'd be extra alert if I was you Spence he'll be pissed he doesn't have his golden girl." I roll my eyes, "why would he care that much?"

"Because he has the hots for you duh." I shake my head, "don't be ridiculous he's married." I say trying to stop this conversation, "so? He likes you, his wife's not here is she?" I don't even know how to reply to that.

"Can you stop speaking as though I'm interested, he's like older than my dad and he has kids who're like our age and older." Even the thought of healer Phoenix liking me creeped me out. "I mean it's not that bad, just flirt with him get those cool cases and leave."

"Noah!"

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"So what are we working on today?" I ask Marianne as I follow her towards the patient room, "you just need to monitor this kid, got into a bit of a nasty accident with a erkling." My eyes widen, Erklings particularly liked the taste of children and would try anything to eat them, although their attacks had been reduced greatly in the past few years.