THIRTY NINE

School had been quite fun actually, a little stressful but I was actually enjoying myself. I had been studying hard but Fred never let me study too hard, he'd force me to hangout with him so that I wouldn't lose myself in my studying. I was thankful for it because it was good to take a break and let my mind relax, I didn't want to overload on information. We sat in the astronomy tower a lot and had late night picnics or he'd just hold me in his arms as we stargazed.

Our da meetings had been fun too we were actually working on our patronus's today, and I was excited because I was really intrigued on what mine would be, parronus's were supposed to be based you and your character as a person so I thought it'd be interesting to see.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember." I close my eyes, "Allow it to fill you up." I think back to when Cedric had taken me for that picnic, that had been one of my happiest memories. I smile as I remember how we'd waded into the lake, Ced splashing me with water starting a full out war which the two of us both lost. We were drenched by the end but I didn't care because the smile on Cedric's face was worth the world to me.

I frown slightly when I see the small silvery whisps leave my wand, "that's good Lyra, just keep trying you'll get there." I smile at Harry and nod, feeling a bit disappointed in myself, but at least it no longer hurt to think of Cedric. Fred catches my eye from beside George, he send me a questioning look to ask if I was ok, I nod reassuringly because I was, I just needed to think of something happier.

I glance back at Daphne from beside me, "Expecto Patronum." A beautiful white swan comes floating from her wand, I smile as it circles me, "it's beautiful." I say in wonder as she giggles excitedly, "it is."

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce... but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents. Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused."

"Try again." Daphne says encouragingly but I was afraid that maybe I didn't have a happy enough memory for this to work. I close my eyes once more, I feel a smile spread on my face as I think back to the Christmas we had just celebrated. That was bound to work there was nothing that compared to the joy I felt that I day.

"Lyra!" I open my eyes at Daphne's gasp, a white stallion shoots from my wand making everyone else jump out of the way as it runs through the room. My laughter stops once it knocks poor Neville down, the horse disappears as my concentration is broken and I run over to help the boy up. "I'm sorry Neville." I say making him smile shyly, "it's alright, that was really cool." I smile, "thank you. I can't wait to see how cool yours is."

"That was brilliant Lyra!" Harry grins as I make my way back over to Daphne, "my girlfriend ladies and gentlemen." Fred says making me laugh, "so what did you think of?" He asks making me shrug, "I don't know if I should tell you that." He pulls me closer, "come on I'm your boyfriend." He says, "so?"

"So?" He asks as though he can barely believe what I had said, "does that mean nothing to you?" I giggle, "you're so dramatic I don't know how I handle it."

"Ok I'll tell you." I say after a second of his expectant looks, "Christmas." He smiles slightly, "the one that just past?" I nod making his smile grow. But before either of us can say anything the whole room shakes, we all stop what we're doing and look towards the mirrored walls which shatter and fall to the ground. Fred grabs onto my arm and pulls me behind him as we all grow increasingly nervous.

Then suddenly the whole wall is blown out, my heart drops as we see the toad emerge from the rubble, her inquisitorial squad surrounding her. Cho Chang in Draco's hold, the two of our faces drop as we make eye contact. "Get them." We're all grabbed and pulled along harshly. Unfortunately cho had snitched on us all and so we'd all be serving umbridges lovely detention something I had not missed at all.

"Miss Malfoy I'm so disappointed you had been doing so well." I refrain from rolling my eyes, "I don't think your father would be too pleased to hear about this." She says in the most annoying tone of voice I have ever heard in my whole entire life. "Well then I guess it's a good thing that I don't give a shit about what pleases Lucius Malfoy isn't it?" It's just so hard not to respond to her. She was so infuriating.

"Language Miss Malfoy we don't want to add to your detentions do we?" Just as I'm about to respond Daphne pinches my arm making me bite down on my tongue and shake my head, "that's what I thought." She smirks smugly making me want to reply but as though she can sense it Daphne pinches me again. I turn to her as Umbridge walks away. "That hurt." I say rubbing my arm, "well it probably feels like nothing compared to her torture quill." I nod, "thank you." I say sending her a grateful smile, I'm so glad I had Daphne in my life. I don't know what I would've done without her.