FORTY FIVE

We were leaving, like really leaving hogwarts for good. It was the final feast we'd ever go to and that actually hit me like a ton of bricks, I saw a lot of the other seventh years emotional faces as they hugged their friends it was pretty emotional this had been our home for the last seven years, I'd  seen most of these people daily and whilst I may have not been the closet with them it was strange to be moving onto a new chapter of our lives and to think I wouldn't see them everyday anymore. I lift my hand to behind my ear where I knew my lotus flower sat and I smile as I remember to appreciate and embrace new beginnings they could bring some of the best things in life your way.

"Hey!" I laugh as Morgan throws some mashed potato at Daphne which splats on her face. "Morgan I swear to Merlin of all the things you've done in the past seven years this has to be the worst." She glares in a joking way I shake my head as I watch them go back and forth. Morgan and Daphne had a love hate relationship they often hurled insults at each other but neither meant them, they were just joking because that's how they showed their love to each other. All five of us were sat together today, we did used to sit together a lot but not all the time, we had been one really close friend group back in first year but in third year I kind of drifted from them I can't really even remember why.

We had stayed friendly sharing a room and all but we'd never gotten as close as we used to be, Daphne being the only exception. "Daphne!" She smiles at me guiltily as her food lands of me, Morgan and the others bursting into loud laughter. "Sorry?" She says not sounding sorry at all. I grin as the food changes to the desserts and grab a small pie covered in cream. "Sorry?" I repeat once it lands on her face she laughs really loudly, "ok you're gonna get it now." She says reaching for the closest thing in front of her. Pudding begins to fall from my face as I throw something else in her direction my eyes widen slightly once it over shoots and lands on someone else. "Sorry!" Adrian laughs and looks at the custard dripping from him as he retaliates with throwing a cake in my direction.

Soon we've kinda escalated the food fight from the Slytherin table to the whole hall everyone a laughing mess as the teachers try to get us to stop. The only one who wasn't was Dumbledore and I swear I saw him throw a tart at McGonagall when her back was turned.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Everyone had been sent away to clean themselves up before we leave and with a ton of time to spare I found myself in my favourite spot. "Hey Harry." I say softly as he joins me. He sits beside me quietly as we stare out at the view that I wouldn't get to see ever again. "Have you been crying?" He asks after a second making me smile sheepishly as I wipe my eyes. "Well this is my favourite spot to sit and cry in so it's only fitting I cry here one last time." I say making him nod with a bit of a smile. "This is where we spoke for the first time." He says making me smile, "I remember, this place has some of my fondest memories." I tell him making him smile at me.

"You were the only person nice to me then, the only one who believed me. Thank you." I shake my head, "no thanks necessary." I shrug before we sit quietly again. "I'm sorry." I say after a second not really knowing how to bring it up. "It's not your fault." I don't say anything but I disagree. "It's not." He persists at my silence, "it is Harry." I say making him shake his head, "don't blame yourself he wouldn't want that, it was Bellatrix's fault." Harry looks a bit teary so I wrap and arm around him.

"We were gonna be a family." He cries into my shoulder, I frown and hold him closer to me wanting to ease his pain, it was like he lost someone every year and that wasn't fair to him, why couldn't he ever just catch a break? There's nothing that I can say that would ease his pain I knew that, so I just stayed with him and let him cry into me just so he didn't feel so alone. "It's ok Harry, it's ok." I whisper stroking the back of his hair as he holds me tightly.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Can you believe we're really never going to be back here again?" Daphne asks as we stand staring at Hogwarts for one last time, we'd takes the boats that carried us across when we first arrived in first year and it was a pretty emotional ride. "It's crazy, I'm gonna miss it." I say as she slips her arm through mine. "I'm not going to miss Morgan's snoring though." she says making me laugh as Morgan scoffs from beside us, "like you can talk Daphne if anything I think we'd be more glad to get away from your sleep talking." Daphne looks appalled, "I don't sleep talk!" She says adamantly. "You do." The other four of us say in unison making her jaw drop. "Why did no one tell me?" We laugh slightly, "we thought you knew." Sophia shrugs, "besides you say some really interesting things in your sleep, we didn't want that to stop." Kat adds making me laugh as I think of some of the most ridiculous things we'd heard Daphne say. "Oh shove off the lot of you."

Before we can continue the conversation we hear the sound of the train meaning it was time to go. I glance back at the castle one last time before letting out a breath and leaving, "bye Hogwarts." I say before joining the girls at the train, I was gonna miss this place but it was time to move on, I touch behind my ear once more feeling content, to new beginnings.