SIXTY SEVEN

"I'm too tired to go back today." I complain as I sit in the kitchen with Fred the next morning, "I thought you loved your job." He asks kissing my temple as he sets breakfast down in front of me. "First of all it's only been a day and secondly I said that I was too tired." I groan my head dropping onto my arms making him chuckle. "Isn't your next shift 48 hours." I groan even louder, "Don't remind me, that's next week today it's just ten today." He makes a face, "that's long." I nod, "you're telling me. But it's ok because then the week after I shall be going to Hogwarts for half the week." I say trying to be optimistic.

"Why are you even going back to Hogwarts?" He asks curiously, "for experience, it's one of the best places to train if you wanna specialise in children's healing also I have order business to attend to there." He leans forward in interest. "Order business? What order business?"

"Sorry but that's confidential, between Dumbledore and I." I say with a smirk as he doesn't give up trying to get it from me. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone."

"Come on darling I'm not just anyone, I'm your boyfriend." I nod, "really? You are? That's news to me." He rolls his eyes but I see the small smile on his face, "very funny." I lean forwards resting my head in my palm. "I love you but I can't tell you, sorry." He shrugs and leans forward to peck my lips, "that's ok but it means you can't have my breakfast." He says sliding the plate away from me.

"Fred!" I gasp reaching for it but he only laughs and pulls out his wand so that he could have it float away from me. "Sorry." He mocks how I'd unapologetically apologised to him before, a bit of laughter in his voice. "Mmmm." He teases as he takes a bite making me roll my eyes.

"Wait- Lyra where are you going?" He asks after I get up, "to work?" He sits me back down and slides the plate back over to me, "not without eating." I smirk as I lean into my palm again. "You're weak Weasley." It's my turn to tease him now and his to roll his eyes.

"Nah I just love you too much and can't let you go knowing how much you love, and how much you need breakfast because you need the energy." I can't help the cheesy grin that takes over my face, "you're too good to me." He shrugs with a loving smile as he kisses my forehead making me smile. It was the small things like this that were everything to me.

"You deserve it and so much more."

"I don't remember asking for a cheesy breakfast." George says joining us with a yawn, "hey George, sleep well?" I smile ignoring his quip towards us, "surprisingly yeah, I guess it's because the two of you weren't being so loud last night, for once." My stomach churns in embarrassment and my face burns as George smirks at us, "George!" He laughs as Fred throws the dishcloth at him.

"Ok well I'm leaving now." I say standing and quickly kissing Fred, "do you want me to wait up for you?" I shake my head, "I'm going home today," he gives me an uncertain look. "I'll be fine, I'm literally gonna go home and sleep for as long as possible before getting up again for a crazy long shift."

"You know speaking of your home, have you uh spoken to Daphne recently?" My lips pull up at George's question before I remember that I had not spoken to my best friend in what felt like forever. "Uh no, but she should be fine, her family's just very protective and I'm sure that I'll see her soon." I mean I hoped that I'd see her soon walking past her empty room was hell at home, the apartment we had was big, like really big and so it was extra lonely when you wandered around it alone.

"Anyways, I don't want to be late so see you guys later, have a good day at work." I smile at the two who mirror my actions, "you too." Fred says before pulling me back into him and kissing me which makes George groan in annoyance. "He's just mad that he doesn't have Daphne." George's whole face floods red as he makes a face and throws a piece of toast at Fred. "That's not true!" He exclaims his voice even raising an octave. "Aww you like Daphne? That's great I wonder what she'll say." I say with a smirk, making George's eyes widen.

"Don't tell her anything! I mean it Lyra." I continue smirking, "but she'll be pleased." His face changes for a moment, "why has she said anything about me?" I don't answer and instead make my way to the door. "Lyra come back! Did she say something about me?"

"Sorry I'm going to be late." I say hearing Fred laugh loudly at his brother.

"Lyra!"

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Lyra you're late!" My eyes widen as Marianne glares at me, I'd never seen her angry before and it was kinda scary. I glare at Noah who snickers into his hand from beside me. "I'm so sorry." I didn't really have an excuse to being late, "it's fine, you're on floor three today." I nod not wanting to say anything that would irritate her further.

"What's up with Marianne?" I whisper over to Spencer who was on the other side of me, "I'm not sure uh she's been like this since we got here."

"Maybe it was the fact that one of my trainees were late?" Both Spencer and I jump at her words. "Right sorry."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"There's a problem with this patient, potion gone wrong take samples and drop it off to one of the potion makers." One of the healers instructs handing me a chart of the new patient that was being rolled in. "On it."

"Uh I was told to drop these samples off here so you could figure out what was wrong with the new patient and make an antidote." I say not looking up from the chart just to ensure that I'd filled it out correctly and wasn't missing anything.

"Yeah pass it over." I look up quickly knowing that voice, I'd recognise it anywhere. "Daphne?" Her head also snaps up, "Lyra!" I grin, "you're here!"

"I'm here, ugh I had to miss my first day yesterday because of aunt lulu but I managed to get out thank merlin, so I can come home today." I can't help and hug her, "oh thank merlin it's so lonely without you." She nods, "I missed you so much, I felt like I was trapped in Azkaban or something I couldn't do anything and it was so infuriating."

"You mean the way you were with me?" She nudges my shoulder, "hey you were allowed to go to the burrow, the farthest I was allowed to go to was the bathroom." I laugh and nod remembering why I was here. "We can catch up later, we can have lunch together but we're both on the job right now. Here is the vial have fun trying to figure out the antidote."

"It will be fun though, it's kind of like a puzzle, anyways leave so I can get to work, I'm so glad you got to me first, the other new potion maker just left and she's missing out on this. Haha what a sucker!" I smile and watch amusedly as she excitedly runs over to her desk pulls her goggles on, opens the vial and tips it into her little cauldron.

"Oh what is-" My question is caught in my throat as a foul smell emits from the sample and the two of us lock eyes as we gag at the smell. "What the hell is that?" I say my voice muffled as I quickly cover my mouth and nose with my sleeve "I uh don't know, but it's rank ugh, what the hell did this person do?"

"I love you but I chat stay any longer this is-" I gag again and turn towards the door, "yeah yeah love you too see you at lunch."

"I don't know if I'll have much of an appetite after this though."