FIFTY ONE

"Oh do be careful out there dear

"Oh do be careful out there dear." I nod and smile as Mrs Weasley hugs me goodbye, "and know that you're always welcome here, anytime, never hesitate." She adds. "Thanks for everything Mrs Weasley." She shakes her head and kisses my forehead. "Oh We're going to miss you so much, aren't we?" I smile at The Weasleys, "I'm going to visit of course." She nods and pats my back.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Paddy!" I laugh as my not so tiny puppy comes running for me, "oh you've grown so much." I observe as i stroke his head, "thanks for looking after him professor Lupin." He smiles and shakes his head as he assures me that it was no problem. "Ah I feel as though my house may be a little more lonely without him." He says petting Paddy's head affectionately. "Well you're welcome to visit him anytime." I say making the older man grin, "this is a lovely place." He notes looking around the new apartment as paddy runs off to explore. "Thank you it took me a while to get it perfect."

"You don't need any help do you?" I smile at the offer and shake my head, "no thanks, I've done everything that I needed to." He nods and then pats my shoulder, "right well I should be leaving you then." He says making his way to the door, "a little housewarming gift." He says holding out some chocolate making me laugh slightly. "Thanks sir." I say taking it appreciatively. "Have fun although I'm sure Sirius would want me to be clear that you shouldn't have too much fun." My eyes water slightly as I let out a small laugh. "He was very proud of you as we all are." I grin up at Remus and cant help myself from hugging him, "Thank you." He pats my back comfortingly, "no thanks necessary."

Before anyone can say anything Daphne suddenly bursts through the door, "Who's excited to... professor Lupin?" Whatever she had been saying trails off once she sees our old professor in our new apartment hugging me. "Daphne nice to see you again." He says as we let go of each other. "And I saw the fire whiskey that you're hiding behind your back." He adds making her blush, "don't worry girls I won't say anything." He adds with a wink making her blush harder. "Anyways I should be going don't want to disrupt your plans." He says opening the door, "now do enjoy yourselves but also take care." I nod as daphne is still speechless and red, very red. "You got it sir, see you later." 

As soon as he's gone Daphne whirls around to face me in disbelief, "Why the hell was Professor Lupin in our apartment and why were you hugging him?" My mouth opens before I close it not really knowing how to explain it to her. Then she gasps as a thought comes to her, "are you- is there something going on there?" My eyes widen at her ridiculous assumption. "Daphne! Of course not don't be stupid." She shrugs, "I mean you used to stay behind after his classes an awful lot." I grab a pillow of the sofa beside me and whack her with it, "not because I was hooking up with him, the man is old enough to be our father." She laughs, "I mean not really besides even if you were I wouldn't blame you he's very-"

"Stop it you weirdo, you know that I'm going out with Fred." She shrugs again, "I'd pick Lupin over Fred any day." I laugh and shake my head, "you do that then although I doubt he'd go for someone nearly 18 years younger than him." She sighs as she drops onto the sofa, "oh how unfair, if only I'd been born earlier."

"Anyways what was he doing here if the two of you don't have something going on?" She asks very interested, "he was dropping off my dog." She nods, "right and why did he have the dog?" I shrug as I sit beside her, "a mutual friend gifted him to me and so professor Lupin took care of him for me." She nods, "since when did you have mutual friends with our old professor?"

"What's with all the questions?" I ask taking a bottle of fire whiskey off her. "I mean I find you hugging our hot Professor in our apartment and you expect me not to have questions?" I laugh, "that's fair."

"Anyways what's with all the fire whiskey?" I ask changing the subject as I look at the four bottles she had brought with her. "We are going to settle into our new home properly. Please don't be a party pooper" She says getting up to grab two glasses. "Fine." I say allowing her to pour me a drink.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Ok ok my turn never have I ever snuck a boy into our dorm room." Daphne drunkly giggles spilling some of her drink as she shoots it back. "That's not fair, it's not my fault you used the room of requirement for your hookups." I laugh as I refill her glass. "I was just smarter, why would you bring a boy back to a room you share with four other girls? You traumatised poor Kat." She laughs harder, "how did you even get him in though I thought boys were banned from the girls dorms." She taps her nose as she laughs, "I guess I'm the smarter one."

"Anyways it's my turn now." She says leaning over and putting her finger to my lips to shush me. "Never have I ever got a tattoo." She says through her laughter, "that's such an easy one!" I laugh as she pushes my drink up, "drink!" She exclaims before she comes to a thought. "We should get a tattoo together!" I laugh and nod, "we should!"

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Fred enters the apartment to see the two girls laughing madly on the ground, "never have I ever done a one handed handstand." He leans against the wall for a second and watches Lyra nod and down her drink. "You have not!" Daphne laughs in disbelief, "I have too!" Lyra giggles beside herself, "have not!"

Then all of a sudden Lyra is up off the ground and attempting to do a one handed handstand, she's very clearly drunk and has terrible balance but she does manage to do it for a couple of seconds only to go crashing onto the ground. He steps forward in concern only for that to disappear once he hears her loud loud laughter. "Ok I think that's enough for you love." Fred says moving forwards to lift his girlfriend up off the ground. "Wait mister I don't know you and I have a boyfriend." Lyra mumbles making Fred laugh, "Lyra-"

She shakes her head, "you might know my name but no." She says wrestling her way out of his grip, "Daphne tell this man I have a boyfriend." Daphne looks up from where she was laying on the ground and starts laughing, "that is your boyfriend." Lyra looks around in confusion, "no it's not, Fred's my boyfriend you know this. I think your drunk, you should get to bed." Daphne sticks her tongue out, and lays back on the ground. "Don't tell me what to do." She murmurs as Fred looks between them not knowing how to get them both to their rooms.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Ok you're coming with me." He says throwing Lyra over his shoulder after he calls George for help, George stands in the doorway laughing at the sight for a moment before Fred shoots him a look making him go over to Daphne who's already half asleep. "Hey let me go!" Lyra says as Fred carries her to her room. "No need to worry love I'm just trying to help." She huffs and stops resisting, "look I already told you that I have a boyfriend I don't care how handsome you are." Fred smiles to himself, "I have a girlfriend."

"You do?" Lyra asks him, "I do and I'm just trying to help you because I know your boyfriend." Lyra smiles, "he's great isn't he?" She gushes making his smile grow. "Very great." She nods, "he's the best, I don't think he even knows how much I love him." She mumbles, "I'm sure he does." Fred tries to assure her.

"I don't know, but I hope he does because I love him more than anything, even more than my own life. He's worth the world to me and I'd do anything for him." Fred smiles as he gets her into bed, "he knows and he loves you too." She nods with a sleepy smile, "I know, look at this ring he got for me." She says holding her hand out. "Very pretty." He hums amused that she actually doesn't realise who she's talking to. "I'm going to marry him one day. He's my soulmate." She tells him her voice so full of love that it makes his heart warm.

Before he can say anything he hears the soft snores coming from her now sleeping form, he smiles and kisses her head, "I am going to marry you one day." He whispers brushing her hair from her face.

Just as he's about to get into the bed paddy comes running in and jumps on the bed curling up next to Lyra as he too gets comfortable. "That bloody dog."