F O U R

"Lyra?" I quickly wipe my eyes as I head someone has joined me in the astronomy tower, "oh Fred,  hi

"Lyra?" I quickly wipe my eyes as I head someone has joined me in the astronomy tower, "oh Fred,  hi." I say giving him a small wave, "where's George?" I question, "we just pranked mr filch and we had to separate." I nod in understanding as he sits beside me. "Have you been crying?" He asks hesitantly after a second, "no." I deny quickly, "yes." I sigh after the look he gave me. "Why?"

"Why do you care?" He shrugs, "my dad." I start of hesitant should I tell him? "He won't let me come home." I explain what I had just read in the letter he had sent to me, "what why?" I look down at the parchment still in my hands, "because of Cedric, he said until I break up with him I'm not allowed back at the manor." The tears start again, the manor may have been cold and lonely but it was my home. How could he not permit me home? I was his daughter did he not even care about me? "And your mother-"

"There's nothing she can do other than urge me to do what father wants." Fred sighs and takes my hand, "it'll be alright Lyra, you can come and stay with my family if you want, mum shouldn't mind she loves kids well she much do I mean she had seven of us and I know that it's not a big and fancy manor but-" I cut him off with a hug I couldn't stay with his family, they'd probably hate me and father would completely disown me if he ever found out but the thought was lovely.

"I would've loved to but I can't, if he were to find out." He nods in understanding, "thank you though Fred." He looks like he's about to say something when all of a sudden Mr Filch comes running up the steps, "ah got you now." He says gripping Fred by the shoulder and pulling him up, "Mr Filch what's this all about?" I ask quickly getting to my feet, "nothing that concerns you but this one tried another one of his stupid pranks." Taking in the state of Mr Filch it was clear to see that Fred and George had succeeded, he was pink from head to toe. I had to stop myself from smiling at the proud smirk on Fred's face, "think this funny do you?" He asks making me shake my head, "Mr Filch sir, Fred was with me so he can't have done this to you." I defend grabbing onto Fred and pulling him out of Filch's grip.

"No he wasn't don't lie to me girl." He hisses harshly at me, "are you calling me a liar Mr Filch because I don't think that my father would appreciate if you were." I hated using the dad card but I had to admit it was useful at times. "No of course not." He says quickly, "right well, Fred and I should be getting to class, you don't want us to be late do you?" I ask as I grab Fred by the hand and pull him along with me.

"That was wicked Lyra." Fred beams as we walk through the corridors towards our defence against the dark arts class, "yeah." I murmur realising that I was still holding his hand, dropping it quickly. "Now come on I don't want to be late." I urge him as we quickly make it to the classroom. The new professor for this year doesn't say anything instead he gives us a nod of acknowledgment with a kind smile. I liked professor Lupin he was a good teacher.

"Alright since were all here now," he says shooting Fred and I a look as George whispers over to his brother probably asking where he had been. "We can begin with today's lesson, which is Boggarts." My eyebrows furrow we'd already been taught about boggarts two years ago. "Now I know you've already been taught about boggarts but it has come to my attention that your professor at the time had been too afraid to show a demonstration and I believe that it is most helpful to learn the through experience." I mean what he was saying made sense but I was actually quite thankful that I never had to find out what I was most afraid of.

"You don't have to participate if you do not wish to." He adds looking at some of the uneasy faces around the room. I don't think that I was going to, "come on Malfoy, you're not gonna join?" I shake my head, "come on." Both twins say looping their arms with mine and pulling me up. "Ok," I laugh as they let me free.

We watch a bunch of peoples fears honestly this was probably giving the twins ideas for future pranks, I swallow as the person before me exists the line and it's my turn to step up, "ok remember the spell Miss Malfoy?" I nod at professor Lupin, "up you come then." I take a deep breath and step up, my eyes widen and my mouth goes dry as the boggart transforms into my father. Every rational thought has left my mind as my wand clatters to the ground, Professor Lupin himself is stunned and before many people can see George causes a distraction to the class whilst Fred quickly steps in front of me and defeats his own boggart.

I shrink back to the edge of the class in embarrassment and shame. "You ok Malfoy?" Both twins ask as they join me, George hands me my wand with a small smile, "oh merlin that was embarrassing." I mutter making both boys shake their heads, "it's ok your father is pretty scary, I was half afraid he'd be my boggart." Fred tells me light heartedly successfully bringing a smile to my face. "Also you haven't even seen our mother when she's in a rage." George offers making me smile gratefully at both boys.

"Miss Malfoy, I hope you don't mind staying behind a moment." Professor Lupin says to me as the lesson nears its end, "yes professor?" I ask as everyone has left the room, "It was just about your boggart Lyra, is everything alright?" I nod, "perfectly." He doesn't seem convinced. "Are you sure?" I nod even though the more I thought about it the less ok everything became. "I once had a friend who was dealing with something similar, you remind me of him." He tells me suddenly, "well did things work out for him?" I ask on the edge of my seat, "they did." He says with a small frown, "how?" He sends me another kind smile, "he relied upon his friends." This makes me frown.

"What's wrong Lyra?" Lupin asks me noting the way I had let my shoulders drop, "I don't have any friends." I admit quietly well there were my dorm mates but we weren't exactly close enough to be sharing issues like this. "Well what about the Weasley twins, I saw what they did for you in class." I smile slightly thinking of them, "they're lovely but I wouldn't exactly call us friends, our fathers sort of hate each other and my younger brother is not the nicest to them either." He nods.

"Why are you afraid of your father?" He asks me after a second and I shrug, "I don't know." I really didn't, "maybe it's because he doesn't care about me so I'm scared about what he'll do or allow to happen to me and my brother." Professor Lupin shoots me a sympathetic glance, "I'm sure he does care about you." He tries to reason but I shake my head, "he doesn't." I repeat hearing my voice waver, "why do you think that?" I can't help it Professor Lupin seemed like he genuinely cared and he was so warm. "He won't let me come home and he's threatened to disown me." I explain my voice cracking as I thought on it. "Oh Lyra it will be alright, I promise you everything will work itself out." He assures me holding out a piece of chocolate?

"Chocolate?" I ask confused, "eat some it'll make you feel better."