FORTY

Detention was horrendous I'd actually forgotten how painful the blood quills truly were and as I looked at all the younger children who joined me in writing these lines I frowned, if I could've taken the punishment for them all I would've

Detention was horrendous I'd actually forgotten how painful the blood quills truly were and as I looked at all the younger children who joined me in writing these lines I frowned, if I could've taken the punishment for them all I would've. Unfortunately there were too many of us and so I couldn't, all I could do was suffer alongside them.

I glare at umbridge as she sits before us all in the hall, she sipping on her tea a disgusting smile on her face, if I could I would've wiped that smile off of her face. She was somehow headmistress now, Dumbledore having fled after they tried to arrest him. Her eyes landed on me and so I pushed myself to write more than I could handle, I kept my glare as her smile dropped slightly until she saw my hand pouring with blood, it was seeping into the parchment smudging the neat words that I had written with difficulty. Her smile returns even bigger if possible before she clears her throat.

I hated the way she cleared her throat so forcefully every five minutes, I swear it was taking everything in me to stop myself from punching her in the throat and asking if it was finally clear. "Miss Malfoy, you may leave for today." Almost everyone has stopped writing and is looking between us. I haven't said anything yet my glare not easing up on her, 'don't provoke her it's what she wants' I remind myself as she looks at me expectantly.

"Unless you would rather stay?" I clench my jaw as a response she certainly wouldn't like makes it's way to my mind. "Just go quietly Lyra." I relax myself and shake my head at her as Fred whispers to me, "no miss." I say collecting my bag, "hem hem." I roll my eyes as I turn back to her, she looks at me expectantly and I just give her a blank look back.

"Hem hem." I didn't know what she wanted from me, I wasn't a bloody mind reader, "it seems as though there's something stuck in your throat miss, you might want to get that checked out." I suggest making her face flush red as I bite back my laughter and hurriedly leave the hall.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

I wait outside the hall for everyone else to leave, "I'm going to kill her." I tell Fred who smiles amused as he takes my hand, there was rule that boys and girls couldn't be within eight inches of each other but that was ridiculous I wasn't going to listen to her dumb rules.

"Join the que." He says, "how's your hand? It was bleeding quite badly." He says lifting it so that he could inspect it. "Fine, I think I'm getting used to it." I shrug making him frown, "how's yours?" I ask, "hurts a bit I guess." I press a kiss to the back of his hand making him grin. "You know my lips were hurting a bit too if you wanted to kiss them better." He smirks making me laugh. "Sure, we wouldn't want you in pain now would we?"

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

I'm on my way to the dungeon when I see and young girl crying. I look around to see that we were alone, "hello?" I say hesitantly "are you ok?" She looks up and quickly wipes her eyes. "I'm fine." She tells me weakly, I hesitantly sit beside her. "Are you sure?" She doesn't say anything for a minute but then she shakes her head. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask her gently, "do you want me to find your friends?" She shakes her head, "I don't have any." I frown, "you have one now." She looks at me and smiles unsurely, "really?" I nod and hold my hand out, "I'm Lyra, your new friend."

"I know who you are. Almost everyone does, your arguments with umbridge are legendary and you're going out with one of the Weasley twins aren't you?" I smile at her excitement, "yeah, did you have a name?" She blushes, "yeah sorry, I'm Olivia." I nod before realising the time, "oh we better get back to the dungeon before curfew, trust me you don't want a detention with that awful toad." She giggles until we hear the famous hem hem.

I turn to see my most favourite Professor stood behind us. "What are the two of you doing out so late?" She asks in her shrill voice, I notice Olivia's eyes widen in fear, "we were just returning from the library." I say not calmly, "what were you doing in the library?" My eyebrows furrow what type of dumb question was that? "Studying? The newts are approaching soon and I just wanted to go over some things." She nods, "ah yes, very well but she does not have her newts so what was she doing?" I shield the younger girl slightly. "You don't need to have examinations to study do you professor? Because I thought you wanted everyone to do well in their classes?" Her face hardens at my challenging tone but she nods.

"Yes well I suppose she does need it greatly if she wants to start passing her classes." She says glaring darkly at us, "now get to your rooms at once before I decide to give you a detention." I don't waste anytime in grabbing Olivia's arm and pulling her along with me away from Umbridge as fast as possible.

"That was really cool." Olivia praises once we get back to the Slytherin common room. "It was nothing, don't let her get to you, I don't think she even knows what she's on about half the time." We find a corner to sit, "what did she mean if you want to start passing classes?" Olivia frowns, "that's why I was crying, I'm failing everything and my parents are so mad, I'm too scared to go home if my grades don't improve but I'm trying my hardest." I frown seeing the hurt on her face, I remember how once upon a time it had been me sat there crying alone because of my family.

"I'll help you, if you want?" I offer not wanting anyone to have to feel that way, "you will?" She asks, "we can meet twice a week if that works for you?" She beams at me and jumps onto me wrapping her arms around me. "Thank you so much?" I laugh, "it's alright, we're gonna turn you into an all Os student."