ONE HUNDRED AND THREE

Once we were all downstairs ready and having breakfast I see Charlie again, "you know you never answered my question." He says as he sits beside me, "which one?"

"What are you doing here?" He's not asking in a rude tone, he's genuinely curious. "Oh well ever since I joined the order your mum has been very kind to me and I'm dating Fred." His eyebrows raise in surprise, "really? You both finally admitted it?" I nod with a laugh, "remember when you were in your second year and trying to convince me you hated him when we both really knew you didn't." We both laugh at the memory until I become more serious.

"I'm sorry that I stopped writing to you, my father found out and he forbade me from ever writing to you again and he would burn all the letters you sent me before I could open them." He frowns and shakes his head, "it's alright Lyra, I was writing to you because you needed me, when you stopped I just assumed you didn't need me anymore. I was happy for you, it wasn't healthy for your only friend being me who wasn't even in the country." I shrug, "I was perfectly fine with it."

Before we can continue speaking Evangeline walks up to us shyly, she's staring at Charlie in a mixture of awe and nerves. She tugs onto my sleeve wordlessly making me turn to her. The last time I remember her being this shy was the day I'd met her when she was clinging to me afraid of everyone else.

"Do you want some breakfast Angel?" She nods and settles in my lap as she begins to eat from my plate. She'd done this quite a few times before so it didn't bother me. "Bloody hell I knew no one told me that you and Fred were dating but I'd assume they would've told me he had a kid." My eyes go wide as I turn back to Charlie, "Evangeline's not my daughter, why does everyone think that?" I ask making her giggle slightly.

"Sorry, I don't know, it just seems the two of you have that bond and her red hair didn't help." I join in with her giggles till all of us are laughing.

"Anyways Charlie, this is Evangeline Davis, dragon lover." Charlie's eyes light up at that as he looks at the young girl chewing her pancakes. "I work with dragons you know." He starts off making her nod excitedly. "I know, Lyra and Ron told me, that's so cool! Tell me everything." She demands making me smile at the lack of her shyness.

I leave them be for a short while and go bump into Harry who had a bit of a sour face on. "What's up birthday boy?" I question making him relax as he realises it's only me. "Girl trouble?" I ask making him crack half a smile and nod before sighing.

"It's just Ginny and I, we know that whilst I'm off- we can't- her future's free now she can be with whoever she wants and all I see in my future is Voldemort." His words make me nod. "That is a tough one but do you wanna know something Sirius told me when I was stressed about Fred?" He nods an emotion flickering through his eye at the mention of Sirius.

"He told me that if it's meant to be it'll be and he's right. If you and Ginny are meant to be which I personally think you are then the two of you will find each other once more when you're ready. There's no need in worrying about it now, I know it's hard but everything will work out ok?" He smiles and takes me off guard by suddenly hugging me. 

"Thanks Lyra." I nod and ruffle his hair with a fond smile as he laughs and swats my hands away, "anytime Harry, now let's go and actually enjoy your birthday." I say before we make our way back to the kitchen to see Mrs Weasley having a go at Charlie because of his hair.

"Lyra help me!" He says once he spots me making me shake my head and raise my hands as I laugh slightly, "listen to your mother Charlie." I say making him gape at me as he mutters traitor under his breath, Harry chuckles from beside me and Mrs Wesley nods in appreciation before threatening Charlie and forcing him into a chair as she announced that he would be getting a proper haircut.

"Oh Lyra dear Fred's in the garden." Mrs Weasley says over her shoulder making me nod before making my way out with Harry. We see several tables pushed together to the end of the garden for his birthday dinner. We also see Fred and George bewitching  a number of purple lanterns all emblazoned with a large number 17, to hang in midair over the guests.

"Hey." I smile over at Fred who stops what he's doing and and greets me with a kiss. "Hello my love how are you today?" My smile grows somehow, "I'm doing well, but I actually came to get George." I say making him scoff over dramatically, "not this again." I laugh but shrug, "well I need to check up on his wound so, you're going to have to go without me for a few moments, I know it's unbearably hard but you're going to have to try." He laughs boisterously making my heart warm. "I think someone's starting to act a bit too much like me." He says making me laugh slightly, "I guess this means we may have to spend less time together, we can't let the world have another one of you, George was enough."

"Speaking of, come on George let me rewrap your bandage." I say before dropping Fred's hand, "I may need some anti nausea potion after that." George says making me scoff and nudge him.

"George have you been using this hole to hold things?" I ask making him scoff, "what? No I'd never, not after you specifically told me not to." I pull back a second to look at him before showing him the coin I'd found in his wound. "You were saying?" I ask making him feign confusion, "what? How did that get there? Must've been magic." I can't help but laugh slightly before lightly whacking his shoulder.

"Why on earth did you put a coin in your ear?" Charlie asks standing beside me know that Mrs Weasley had done with his haircut. "You mind your own business before I convince mum to shave your head." He jokes making Charlie laugh before he nods and decides to help Fred in the garden with decorating, "I did always like Fred more." He jokes himself making George roll his eyes, "oh go back to Romania already."

"Why did you put a coin in your ear?" I ask as I'm wrapping the bandage, "I was trying to do one of those muggle magic tricks." I shake my head, "no more, keep your wound empty please."

"What's the point of having a hole if I can't put stuff in it?" He asks, "can you at least wait till it's fully healed?"