NINETY TWO

𝙐𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩/𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙡𝙩 𝙩𝙬 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙄''𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 :(

"Here." My eyebrows furrow as Noah hands me a stack of files, "and this is?" I question flicking through them, "for healer Phoenix." My stomach lurches simply at the name. "Great here go give them to him." I force a smile as I shove them back at him. "No you do it, he's so much nicer to you."

"I can't do it besides he's nice to you too, he says you remind him of younger him." I say turning my back on him, "yuck, don't compare me to that swine again, biggest insult I've ever heard."

"Swine?" I ask with a laugh, "please take them." He pleads, "I have patients to check on." I say trying to get out of it, "I will check on them." Debating him on this was wasting more time. "Fine." I huff snatching the stupid files from his stupid hands. "Thanks Lyra, love and owe you." He beams leaning over the desk to kiss my cheek, "yeah yeah." I mutter wanting to get this over and done with as soon as possible.

I stare down healer Phoenix's office door, trying to work up the courage, just walk in, set the files down and then leave as fast as possible.

"Come in." I take a deep breath and ready myself, in and out, I remind myself before shuffling into the office. "Ahh Miss Malfoy what a pleasure, sit sit." Healer Phoenix's whole face lights up once heh spots me.

"Oh I can't lots of work to do." I say before placing the files down, "oh I'm sure you can spare a moment, sit." I want to cry, because his tone left no room for any disagreement. If it hadn't been healer Phoenix I would've left but it was and he was so much higher up than me, he could end my career before it even began and I had worked so hard for this I couldn't risk it.

I hated that he had so much authority over me, I hated the power that he was abusing, I hated that even if I even said anything it was so likely that no one would believe me because it would be my word against his and he is a stupid man who's high up in this stupid work place.

"So your exam is in two days how do you feel?" I force a smile and just hope I can get out of here soon. "Good, I feel prepared." He nods, "you should, you're the brightest in the year and will do brilliantly."

"Thank you... Um if that's all I really should be-" I sit back down once he waves me too and try and keep my disappointment to myself.

I drone out whatever he was saying, making sure to reply at the right intervals as I tried to figure out a way to leave. "You know sir I really should be going, I've got some last minute studying to do." I say attempting to stand once more only to wince when he places his hand on my shoulder and pushes me back into the seat.

"Nonsense you don't need to study anymore, besides if you do I'll help you." That did not sound appealing in the slightest. "Oh no that's ok I-" healer Phoenix has stopped paying attention to me, well rather what I was saying.