TWENTY ONE

"So Malfoy

"So Malfoy." I shake my head, "I'm not testing out any more of your products, you could always ask for volunteers I'm sure a ton of the younger students would be willing to help you." They smirk, "that's not a bad idea." They say throwing an arm around me each. "Well I am smarter than the two of you." I smirk, "hey!" They say in offence. "She's not wrong." Ginny says as she walks past us.

Once we get to the platform I spot my family, father was glaring because I still had Fred's arm wrapped around me I glare back at him the two of us in a staring match waiting to see which would look away first. "Lyra." I look to see Fred watching me worried, "yes?" I question as he runs his thumb over my knuckles, "are you alright?" He asks sparing a glance at my father who was still glaring at us. I nod wordlessly noticing my jaw was kind of sore from how hard I'd been clenching it.

"Lyra!" I almost go flying after Daphne flings herself at me I laugh and wrap my arms around her so incredibly glad to see her again, during the holiday we'd kept close contact the two of us growing closer than we'd ever been. She even stayed with me for a week at my apartment. "Daphne!" I squeal back. "I missed you!" She says, "alright calm down, merlin you're going to damage our ears." George says making Daphne turn to him, "who was speaking to you?" Fred and I exchange a glance as George looks at Daphne dumbstruck for a second.

"Daphne, don't be mean." I say pulling her attention back to me, "I wasn't he's the one who just interrupted our reunion." She says shooting George a look. "Anyways come on we've got to get on the train." She says pulling me away, all I can do is wave to my friends as she drags me away.

"Ok what were you doing with the Weasleys?" She asks as we find an empty compartment, "you know that we're friends." I shrug, "the twins are cute." She says after a second making my eyebrows furrow, what was she trying to do?

"Well yeah I guess." She smirks, "you guess? Why were you holding hands with one of them?" I don't know what to say to that, "Fred was just being a good friend, he was just trying to comfort me because we saw my dad." Her face changes at that, "you did? Did he say anything? How are you?" I smile at her concern, "I'm fine, he didn't say anything he just glared at us." I shrug, "ok since you're fine, let's circle back to Fred." I shake my head, "stop Daphne there's nothing, we're just friends." She nods with an unconvinced smile. "Sure." She hums making me roll my eyes. "Go away Daph!" I say pushing her my eyes widening as she lands on the ground with a loud thump. Our wide eyes lock before we both burst out into loud giggles.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"What do you think the DA teacher will be like?" Daphne asks as we walk arms linked into the great hall, "I don't know I just hope they're as good as Professor Lupin was." I shrug, "I hope they're just as hot." She shrugs, "Daphne!" I gasp hardly able to contain my laughter. "What he was!" She defends making me laugh even harder.

"Girls settle down, this is no way to behave. Are you a pair of animals?" Professor Snape glares as he walk past us. "No sorry sir." We chorus giggling quietly to each other. "Oi Malfoy what's so funny?" Fred asks turning around from the Gryffindor table as we sit at the Slytherin table, "nothing." I say smirking as I catch Daphne's eye, "are you Fred?" She asks making me roll my eyes, "yes." He replies confused, "nice to finally meet you, Lyra here never shuts up about you." I blush red and elbow her, "ow." She hisses rubbing her side, "shut up!" I hiss back as Fred smirks at me. "Oh you've been talking about me have you Malfoy?"

"As if Weasley." I scoff turning my back from his smug face, "I have to say though, I am a big fan of your work." Daphne adds, "why thank you." George smiles turning to join the conversation, "no one was talking to you." Daphne spits making me elbow her again as George states at her in wonder for a moment. "Gosh do you have a problem with keeping your nose where it belongs?" I sigh, "leave him alone Daphne." I say as Fred laughs at his brother. "I'm just kidding with you." She winks making me smile into my hand as George's ears burn red just like his hair.

"Good evening, children." Dumbledore gets all of our attention before anyone can say anything. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank... who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures... while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck." My eyebrows furrow as I look at the new Professor, she had a toad like face, with pouch eyes, short, curly, mouse-brown hair in which she had placed a horrible pink hat that matched the fluffy pink cardigan which was just as horrible. "Yeah well that's disappointing." Daphne whispers over to me making me giggle.

"Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you..." My mouth almost drops at how the toad woman clears her throat in the most obnoxious way and joins Dumbledore by his podium. "Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me." Daphne and I share a glance of disbelief at the way she had interrupted Dumbledore, nobody did that.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She continues probably ignoring how nobody was really welcoming her to speak. "Fat chance." Daphne murmurs glancing at the new Professor in obvious distaste.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered... the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved... perfect what can be perfected... and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." Other than a few scattered claps nobody really acknowledges her boring speech. "Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." Dumbledore says making her smile as I grimace. "Illuminating? I don't think she even knew what she was waffling on about."