ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN

"Hey Harry, want to dance?" I ask noticing the boy stood on the side of the dance floor watching everyone else, "uh, yeah ok." He nods after thinking it over making me beam, "great."

"Just to warn you Lyra I'm, not the best dancer."
"Don't worry Harry I know, I saw you at the Yule ball."

He laughs and then turns awkward as we actually get on the dance floor and he realises that he has to put his hands on my waist. "Harry I'm not going to attack you." I say making him blush and nod, although he's still so incredibly awkward.

I let out a small laugh as I grab his hands and put them in position since he still hadn't. "I'm watching you potter!" Fred yells teasingly making Harry's cheeks flame once more as he and George burst out laughing.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

After we dance a while, we both need to catch our breaths again and so we go to grab a drink. "You be careful ok?" I say it randomly but the reality of Harry leaving had set in that night, when I'd seen him and Ron at night, when Ron had to talk him out of leaving.

"I will? I mean I know I'm no good at it but dancing isn't that dangerous."

"No Harry, when you go... I know it's going to be dangerous but just don't make any stupid mistakes ok?"

He nods and sends me half a smile, "you don't have to worry about me so much you know." He says making me shrug, "oh Harry, if only that were true."

"Oi Harry mate, I hope you're not getting any ideas about my woman over here." Fred teases again as he joins us and throws his arm around me. "We we're having a conversation here." I say making him gape at me. "Alright I can take a hint, I know when I'm not wanted." He sighs dramatically as he turns around to leave.

I grab his hand to stop him and roll my eyes once he turns back around a huge smile on his face. "Dance with me?" I question as he looks down at me lovingly, "you don't even have to ask."

"You should ask Ginny to dance." I tell Harry as we spot him looking over in her direction. "It's just a dance." I say when I see the hesitation on his face. "Speaking of, I'll see you later Harry." I say as my impatient boyfriend begins to pull me along with him.

We settle on the dance floor nicely, a slow song beginning to play. I rest my head against Fred's shoulder as he pulls me close, smiling as I look out and see all of our friends and family happy. "The next wedding we go to will be ours." I pull away to look Fred in the eye at his words, "yeah?" He nods, "yeah, I'm gonna marry you one day."

"That's assuming I say yes." I tease making him roll his eyes, "you'd say yes." He says surely, my brows raise, "oh yeah? I guess you'll just have to wait until you ask." He nods and bites on his lip. "Ok then, Lyra... will you marry me." My heart leaps for a second and I stop dancing, "what?" Was he really asking me that now? He looks around for a second before gently grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the marquee with him.

The stars reflect in his eyes as he gets down on one knee and takes my hand in his. "Will you, Lyra Malfoy marry me?" I still can't tell if he's being serious until he pulls a ring box from his pocket. I gasp once I see it and feel my eyes sting as I look down at the man I adored more than anything. "You're being serious?" He nods smiling softly at me, "you've just been carrying that ring around?" He nods again, "it's the first thing I bought once we opened up the shop." I wipe at my eyes in disbelief that he bought the ring that long ago.

"Um you haven't answered the question love?" He says shaking me from my daze as I laugh, "of course I'll marry you." I answer breathlessly, joining him on my knees. I take his face in mine and kiss him passionately, "knew you'd say yes." He mumbles against my lips, smiling like crazy. "I love you." I whisper as he slides the ring on my finger, I admire it for a second before sliding it back off. "What are you doing?" He asks brows furrowing, "do you not like it?" He asks as I put it back in the box. "I love it. It's gorgeous but this is your brothers wedding, it's an unspoken rule to not get engaged at someone else's wedding, it's rude. I can't walk back in there with that on my hand."

He nods and slips the box back into his pocket, "I'll give it back to you tomorrow." He says helping me off the ground. I nod and kiss him once more. "I'll shove it in everyone's faces tomorrow."  He chuckles and wraps an arm around me as we make our way back into the marquee.

"Where did the two of you go?" Daphne asks as she spots us, "and why are you both grinning like idiots?" I shrug and share a knowing glance with Fred as she looks between us, "right I forgot, the two of you are sickening for no reason." We giggle and she shakes her head. "Are you not sickening with Adam?"

"We're nothing like the two of you, actually I don't think it's gonna work out between us." I frown slightly, "oh why not?" She shrugs, "just doesn't feel right, I don't know, he's nice and all but I think our relationship is fizzling out." She shrugs again not seeming that bothered, "well you'll find someone else." I say before Fred and I share another knowing glance. Seems like George would have the chance he's been waiting for soon.

"Anyways I'm going back to the table, Noah and Spencer were being as sickening as the two of you but they're on the dance floor now so it should be safe." I laugh as we spot Noah and Spencer and can't help but smile, "aw but they're so cute Daph." She nods as she spots them too, "they are and Noah being in a relationship has really done wonders for his personality." She says laughing before we see Henry shooting us pleading looks, he was talking to one of Fleur's cousins and looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. "Looks like Henry needs my help." And then she's off to save him.

"I'm just gonna go check on Angel." Fred nod and kisses my head telling me he's going to look for George. I just about get across the tent and to Evangeline when a message from Kingsley interrupts the festivities. My heart stops and my face drains of blood when I hear him say the ministry has fallen, that the minister is dead and they're coming. I scoop Evangeline up instantly as a panic begins to spread. People begin disapparating and the death eaters appear.

I hold Evangeline close to me as she cries out in fear and I look for any of my friends. "It's ok Angel." I assure her as we duck behind a table, narrowly missing the curse that had been sent our way. "I've got you." I tell her shielding her with my body as I try and rid ourselves of this death eater who was after us."Lyra!" Charlie is closest to us and has spotted us, he's running over shooting spell after spell at the death eater.

"Take Evangeline." I instruct as he joins us behind the table, "what?" He asks as he takes her into his arms, "get her to safety, if something happens to me, make sure she finds a safe home." He nods, "stay safe." Are his parting words before he apparates away. I couldn't leave without the others, without Fred.

I see him, he's across the tent with George and Daphne. The three of them are fighting off the death eaters together but he's looking around wildly. I begin running in their direction trying to avoid getting hit with all the spells in the air. It's hard especially since they're flying from every single direction.

I'm distracted with trying to dodge a curse that I don't notice the death eater behind me. "I've got her! It's the Malfoy girl!" I yell as I try and fight his grip, "Let go of me!" He snatches my wand from me as I continue fighting and pushes me to the ground. "Stop it, I will be taking you back to your parents, stupid girl." He says pointing his wand at me.

All of a sudden I see a blur as Fred tackles the guy to the ground throwing punch after punch. I scramble to my feet and pull him off before the others see what's going on. There's blood on his knuckles and the death eater is unconscious which is why he allows me to pull him up. "Are you ok?" He asks checking me over instantly, "I'm fine." He nods and then hands me my wand back before pulling me along with him.

"You have to get out of here now." He says making me shake my head, "I'm not leaving you here, I'm not leaving anyone. They saw me, he shouted that I was here, they'll torture you guys for information." He shakes his head, "we can handle it. I'll take it all fine knowing that you're safe."

We're fighting off the death eaters to the best of our ability during this discussion but we've no chance, we're horribly outnumbered. If I want to get away I need to go now. I can't bear the thought of leaving them all behind, not when I don't even know what the death eaters might do to them.

"Please Lyra." He pleads with me and I nod, "fine, fine I'll go. You better stay safe though." He nods and smiles in relief. "I'll find you." I nod and then I notice the green blast hurtling right at me.

Omg not me just abandoning this story for over a year 🫢 like wth I did not realise it'd been that long, especially since I was so close to the end too.