NINETY THREE

The next morning I have to argue that they should all go to work even though they wanted to stay, "don't be stupid, our exam is tomorrow you need to go in today

The next morning I have to argue that they should all go to work even though they wanted to stay, "don't be stupid, our exam is tomorrow you need to go in today." I say ushering them to the door. "We can all stay and study together." I laugh and push them, "you all need the extra help, I do not. I will be fine with one day no studying." They all gasp making me laugh. "Who are you and what have you done with our Lyra."

"Nothing, now leave and be good today."

"At least let one of us heal you." I hold my wand up that was kindly returned to me and wave it slightly, "thank you but I can just heal myself." I shrug.

"I don't have any exam so I can stay." Daphne shrugs, "you have a job and responsibilities that come with it." She shrugs once more, "your my sister I don't have a bigger responsibility than you."

"I am fine, go to work, I promise you that's what I want."

They all leave after a bit more persuasion and I find myself alone in the apartment, I drift back to my bed and curl up under the covers trying to keep my mind from drifting.

Paddy crawls up the bed and settles down beside me nudging my face with his nose, the small action causing me to burst into tears. I really missed Sirius and wished he were here, he would know how to make me feel better, he always knew.

Suddenly I begin to feel restless and so I begrudgingly get out of my bed and begin to walk around the apartment cleaning up, randomly crying as I did. I find myself in the bathroom frozen in front of the mirror.

I was pale, so sickly pale the dark circles under my eyes sticking out more than I thought possible. I still had bruises littering my whole body although my black eye really looked horrendous. My lip was split and my neck had dark angry hand shaped bruises stuck there. I just looked awful. My hands comb through the rats nest that could be called my hair and I shudder as the painful memories resurface. I could still feel his hands on me, gripping my hair to pull me back or to try and keep me in place.

Shakily I reach up and cut the hair off, so that it rested to just under my shoulder. I feel so much more relived like a weight had been lifted from my chest so I could breath clearer, I just needed to do one last thing.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Fred?" I ask in confusion as I spot him in the door way. He doesn't say anything immediately instead rushing forwards to wrap me up in his arms. I let out a breath and bury my face in his chest as I silently cry. "What're you doing here you have your meeting?" I ask him through sniffles pulling away to look at him.

His eyes cloud over as he takes in my battered face and he wipes my eyes and kisses my head, "you're more important, besides George can handle it." He assures me as I try and hide myself from the world in his chest again. "I'm so glad that you're here." I say my voice wavering as it muffles against his jumper.