F I V E

I had stayed behind in the castle for the holidays alone, Draco had gone home mother fussing about how her cousin Sirius Black had broken into Hogwarts twice and how she wanted her son safe

I had stayed behind in the castle for the holidays alone, Draco had gone home mother fussing about how her cousin Sirius Black had broken into Hogwarts twice and how she wanted her son safe. Father still refused my return, he said that the only way he'd ever forgive me was if I found myself a Slytherin boyfriend preferably Adrian but I was not going get back with that rat not in a million years.

Cedric had offered to stay behind with me but I refused, I knew that he wanted to see his parents and I could handle a few weeks alone. "Oh hi there." I say spotting a black dog near the black lake it sounded ridiculous but I swear he was watching me as though he recognised me. I was sat out here for some peace and fresh air. "I'm not going to hurt you." I assure the animal as he seems hesitant to come over eventually he gives in and pads his way over to me.

"What's are you doing out here all alone?" I ask as I pet his head, he was cute I loved animals especially dogs I had always wanted one but my parents refused the only pets we were allowed were owls. He leans closer to me his body shaking slightly. "Are you cold?" I ask as though he could understand what I was saying, it was chilly out but I liked it. The dog shivers slightly and lets out a small whine making me frown, I take my robe off and drape it around the smaller creature. "There you go." I smile as he relaxes and lays down resting his head in my lap, "you're such a sweet boy." I say continuing to pet him as he relaxes completely a small lazy smile making its way to his face.

"You must be so lonely, I know what that's like, I'm here in this great big castle during the holiday with no one to talk to, and I'm not even allowed at my own house because my father kicked me out, I hate that house but it was the only place I knew. It was cold and uninviting but it was home. You probably don't even understand a word that I'm saying." I say surprised when it sounds like the dog lets out a sound to disagree with my last statement, "you do huh? What were you kicked out from your home?" I ask rhetorically hearing the way he lets out a bit of air through his nose in a sort of scoff which made me feel like he was agreeing with me. "You have a younger brother your parents adored too?" Yet again the dog lets out the small scoff and I smile, maybe I was imagining it because I wanted to feel like I had someone who understood.

I sit with the dog for a small while just talking and pretending that the dog was replying in his own way, "I like talking to you..." I trail off for a second, "do you even have a name?" The dog sits up and nods, "you do? what is it?" I don't know how the dog was going to tell me this. He lifts his paw up, "paw?" I ask making him shake his head he puts his paw into my hand, "shake?" He shakes his head again, "handshake?" Another head shake accompanied with what sounded like a bit of a barking laugh. The dog removes his paw for a second before placing it back in my hand and pressing down, so I could feel the pads on his paw. "Pad?" That was a bit of a strange name, he nods then nudges my foot with his nose, "foot? Padfoot?" He nods and gives me an adorable doggy grin. "Padfoot." I repeat, "it's cute." He shakes his head with a scoff as if to say it wasn't but it was.

"Well Padfoot it was nice to meet you, see you here tomorrow? I'll bring you some food." I offer hoping to see the dog again, spending time with him made things just a little less lonely.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Hey Paddy I'm back." I call out into the bushes where he'd usually hide until I made an appearance, it was sad to say but the past week I had spent most of my time with the scrappy stray. He saunters out sitting in front of me with a patient smile, "I brought you some chicken." I say pushing the basket over to him, his tail wags as he dives into the food. "So what's new?" I ask him receiving a bark in response, "do you have any friends out there?" I ask as I cross my arms over my knees and rest my head. Padfoot halts and looks up a bit sadly, "it's ok." I assure him scratching between his ears. "What about family?" He seems sad but angry, he lets out a small growl, "my family make me feel like that." I say stroking his fur making him calm as he turns to me inquisitively.

"My dad is awful, my mum slightly better I guess but she just stays quiet out of fear? I don't know but she didn't even try to convince him to let me home, she was too scared to and so she just said to do what he asked me to, but why would I break up with my boyfriend just to get back with a cheating rat?" I ask in disbelief, it just didn't make sense how they could want that for me. "Yet she cried for poor Draco's safety and begged him to come home because of her cousin Sirius being on the lose and what not." I continue ranting.

"Then there's Draco, I love him so much and I'd do anything for him but by the day he becomes more of who my parents want him to be, who my father wants him to be. He acts like my dad with his stupid blood supremacy ideals and Draco just goes along with whatever father says eager to please him, and he actually believes in that rubbish now. Which just doesn't make sense to me, how does someone's blood determine their worth? And with him being home alone with them they're just going to force their ideals on him further which makes me so mad because my brother could be better than that, he should be." I don't even realise the tears that are streaming down my face until Padfoot nudges my arm and puts his head on my shoulder in a comforting way.

So I sit there hugging the dog as I cry finally letting everything I'd been holding in out.