SIXTY FOUR

I was nervous because today was my first day at St.Mungos. Originally Daphne and I were supposed to go together but I hadn't really seen her since the whole ice cream shop fiasco. Daphne had lived with her aunt and uncle her whole life, her father passing when she was young and her mother abandoning her they took her in happily and had cared for as though she were their own daughter.

They were also very protective and so she'd been staying with them for the past few weeks because they refused to let her out of their sights. I had wanted to see her but decided against it not wanting to place any flags on her family's home, she'd be fine and hopefully I'd see her at work today.

That felt so weird to say, at work oh merlin I was growing up, like actually growing up I was going to be healer in a few years not that little eleven year old  who'd been admiring the Weasleys at the train station on September 1st those seven years ago.

I look around my empty apartment and sigh ready to get out of here already, it just wasn't the same without Daphne and even Evangeline who'd been staying with the Weasleys a bit more as I wasn't going to be able to care for the way I had been the past few months.

"Lyra!" I grin once I spot who'd been calling me, "Marianne hey." I say as she comes over excitedly. "You're the first one here from our team." My eyebrows raise, "you got a team? That's great." She nods along beaming, "yeah yeah it's going to be so much fun."

I sigh as I look around the empty locker room I was either the first one here or whoever else had arrived had changed into their robes quickly and were already with their mentor. "Woah!" I jump and quickly hold my shirt to my chest, "woah!" I repeat meeting wide wide brown eyes.

"Nice b-"

"No!" We stare at each other in shock for a moment longer, "w-what are you doing in here?" I ask after finally collecting my thoughts my hands holding my shirt tightly to my chest. "I was told to come in here and change into the healer robes?" He says his eyes roaming over my body once more before he re meets my eyes and smirks.

"You might wanna put your shirt on before anyone else gets here, but I'm not complaining if you don't." He winks making me roll my eyes. "Stop watching me!" I snap making him nod and hold his hands up before turning to the locker labelled with his name.

"Woah!" I groan as another boy enters only to slap his hands over his face and whirl around, "I-I'm so sorry." He says as the first boy laughs turning to face me his shirt now discarded. "Not a word." I say noticing the smirk on his face.

I quickly pull my robes on before anyone else can enter the room letting the second boy know I was decent. "I'm sorry, it's just I didn't know that this was going to be a mixed locker room." I nod and smile over at him, "yeah I didn't either but it's ok, we're all adults here right? We can be mature about it." I say trying to lighten the mood knowing I'd full well just come to work already in the uniform from today onwards.

"I'm Spencer Hollick." I smile and take his outstretched hand, "Lyra Malfoy." His red cheeks paling slightly at the surname making me want to roll my eyes, "oh... nice to meet you." He was scared. Great.

"Well Lyra I'm Noah Anderson and I was wondering if you'd like to go and get a few drinks with me later on." I roll my eyes as Noah leans against the locker beside mine and smiles down at me suggestively, "as horrible as that sounds I'm not interested." I tell him pushing his bare chest away from me with a sarcastic smile.

"Oh but you will be." He winks making me roll my eyes, "I doubt that now get changed." He mock salutes and pulls his robes from his locker as I meet Spencer's wide and nervous hazel eyes. "Good luck today." I say with a kind smile as I make my way to the door hoping he wont be scared of me for much longer.