24

Harry's POV

Harry turned them around, pushing Louis against the door as they kissed. He felt his soft but raspy lips on his own and he didn't want to stop. Louis' hands made their way through Harry's curls, pulling a little bit. Soon their lips parted and Harry rested his forehead on Louis'. They both were breathing heavily and they both wanted more.
"That was.." Louis began, looking for a fitting word.
"Incredible" Harry finished, stroking Louis' cheek.

"Where the fuck are they?! You have to get back on stage!"
Simon. They looked at each other and heard a door closing. Quickly, Harry opened the door.
"Haz, hold on" Louis straightened Harry's shirt and the curlyhead blushed.
"Thank you"

Without a word, they left and joined the boys and a very angry Simon. Before Harry had even made up an excuse, Louis said "Sorry boys. We were walking in the wrong direction"
Liam nodded, rolling his eyes over Simon.
"Boys would you go already? I'll have a quick talk with Harold" Simon said and Harry saw the anger in his eyes and the fear in Louis'. He looked at Louis and gave him a smile as he nodded. The other boys left and Harry was left alone with Simon. Simon. The one who had known about everything and still had forced Louis in a relationship.
Treat people with kindness, Harry reminded himself knowing he would rip Simon apart if he didn't hold himself back. What Harry didn't know was Louis listening from outside the door.

"What the fuck was that?" Simon raged.
"What do you mean?"
"You know exactly what I mean, Styles! What did we say about gaying around?! And on stage, with Louis?!"
"That wasn't gaying around. We both just love the song" Harry sassed.
"Oh I bet you did. You will fix that as soon as you are back on stage. Or do I have to remind you of-"
"No, you don't. Just- let it be. Please let him be"
"Then fix it. Go back on stage now. Your break is too long already"
With those words Simon left, opening the door where the other four lads were waiting. They made their way back on stage and Louis tried to meet eyes with Harry but the curlyhead only looked at the floor.

They continued the show with 'Ready to Run' and Louis chose to ask Harry later about Simon's threat.
The boys joked around with the crowd a bit and because he wasn't focused, Harry got into a water bottle fight of Louis and Liam - resulting in him being nearly soaking wet. He took a towel and saw Simon next to the stage. He knew that he had to make up for allowing himself that intimate moment with Louis before.

'Steal My Girl' was up next and it was him who got to introduce the song.
"So, ladies and gentlemen. As y'all know those four children behind me are happily taken. And I'm really happy for them. I mean Liam is with Maya, Louis with Eleanor, Niall with Amelia and Zayn's with Gigi- and we all like their better halves. They're adorable. BUT" - he grinned - "deep down we all know that I have the best girls. And everybody wants to steal my girls! But I'm not gonna let anyone take you away from me!"
The fans screamed and Harry knew what he had just done. He had publicly manifested Louis' relationship. But it was for the best so he just grinned as Zayn started to sing the first lines of 'Steal My Girl'.

Louis' POV

It was like someone had punched him right in the face. After singing 'Steal My Girl', he drank something. Harry's words still were on his mind.
Louis knew Harry only had said this for Simon but he felt bad. Suddenly he realised that Harry hadn't known when he left him. Louis knew and still felt bad. Harry hadn't known. Louis already got off. He didn't realize that it was his part of 'I Would' next. He felt so bad, when Liam exclaimed "Go Tommo go!" all of the sudden, he only realised that it was his part. But he had already missed his starting line. To play it off, he exclaimed "Oh c'mooon!" instead and started singing one line later.

When the show had finished, they were overwhelmed by the fans again. It was like every show was bigger and louder than the previous one. But this time the boys didn't talk. They were all deep in thought when Simon came in and gratulated them happily for the 'great great show'. Louis could tell that Harry's words had pleased him.

Liam, who had noticed the tense atmosphere, quickly suggested "I think we're all really tired. Let's hurry and head to the bus, lads?"
Louis gave him a thankful look. They all agreed, fastly took their showers and changed after Simon had left.

As they arrived, Zayn and Niall went to bed and Harry and Louis sat down on the couch. Liam looked at them and waited until Niall and Zayn had closed the curtains.
"I'm really glad that you both get along with each other again. Like- really happy. If there's something I can do, please let me know"
"Naaaw Li" Louis smiled at him, a little amused over Liam's sudden emotional side.
Harry looked at him a little irritated. Louis remembered that he thought Liam didn't know about them. He took Harry's hand and knew he would understand.
"Thank you Liam" Harry gave the brown-eyed man a smile that warmed Louis' heart.

Louis Tomlinson wasn't someone who would show his feelings for somebody else easily. He wasn't someone who would hug people just because he wanted to. He was someone who kept things to himself. He wouldn't necessarily talk to people. He didn't want to let them know what he was going through. Harry was the only exception. When it came to Harry, Louis felt like himself, he felt safe. He could show him his weaknesses and fears and he knew that Harry wouldn't judge him for it. So when Liam left, Louis lay his head down on Harry's shoulder. He looked up at him, tired. The curlyhead looked back down at him with a little smile. After a few minutes, Harry broke the silence.
"Let's go to bed, Lou"
He agreed and stood up. They made their way towards their beds and changed their clothes. The other boys' curtains were closed and they could hear Niall snorring. When Louis was ready for bed, only wearing his boxers, he turned around to see Harry waiting. The man was also dressed only in his boxershorts and seemed a little nervous.
"What's wrong?" Louis whispered, looking at him confused.
Harry scratched his neck. "Uhm.. Can we sleep in..one bunk?"

Louis smiled happily. That was the best question he had heard in years. He nodded and let Harry get in first. He lay down in his arms shortly after he had laid down and they cuddled. He enjoyed the sound of him breathing and they didn't need to speak. After a few minutes, Harry started breathing slower. Louis knew he was sleeping and grinned to himself. Harry didn't fall asleep easily. He only would fall asleep that fast if he felt comfortable that was for sure. Another thing Louis knew for sure was that he was absolutely and unconditionally in love with Harold Edward Styles.

-

Hi guys! Just wanted to quickly thank you for your support and love for 'safe haven'.
Is there something I could do differently that would make the story better in your eyes?
What do you dislike?
What do you want to happen next?

Thank you so much! xx