73

Louis' POV

When Louis woke up from the sound of his alarm, Harry was already gone. Next to him on the bed where he had slept was a little note saying 'I love you -H xx'. Louis smiled as he saw it and picked up his phone.

From: Louis
To: Harry
"I love you too"

From: Harry
To: Louis
"Good morning sunshine xx"

Louis grinned and felt like a teenager. But that was everything he would have of Harry's the next week. Texts.

From: Louis
To: Harry
"Morning. Did you sleep well?"

From: Harry
To: Louis
"I did. Even though I was really busy watching you sleep xx"

From: Louis
To: Harry
"HAROLD"

From: Harry
To: Louis
"...maybe I shouldn't have told you that xx"

From: Louis
To: Harry
"I will come back to that later. Got to go. See you later"
"Don't think I'm done with you already"

From: Harry
To: Louis
"I would never. See you xx"

Louis put down his phone and smiled as he got up.
"Dad?" He looked at the door where Freddie was standing.
"Good morning love" He smiled and opened his arms, letting his son crawl onto the bed and into his arms.
For a few minutes he allowed himself just to enjoy the moment, just cuddling together for the last time in a while. He closed his eyes and held Freddie who snuggled against his chest.

When they finally got ready, both of them realised that they wouldn't see each other for a while. Louis tried to ignore the feeling in his guts and smiled at Freddie who was about to cry again. There was nothing he hated more than seeing his loved ones cry. It broke his heart in every way possible. He would do everything to make them happy. But sometimes even all the money in the world couldn't solve problems.
"Fred, come on. We'll see each other soon. I promised"
Freddie nodded with a sad look on his face and Louis picked him up and kissed his cheek. "I promise. And then we'll go to Disneyland"

Freddie looked up at him, a hopeful look on his face. "With Harry?"
"With Harry"
Now a grin was back on the boy's face and he put his arms around Louis' neck.
"Dad? Why can't we live with Harry? Like we did with Eleanor for my vacation?"
"Would you like that?"
Freddie nodded excitedly and Louis chuckled. "Someday, love"
"Now!"
Louis sighed "I told you. It's not easy"
"Why?"
"Because some people-"
"Fuck some people!" Freddie exclaimed and Louis had to hide his amusement.
"Never let your mother hear that word"
"You say that all the time"
"I'm a grownup, you're not even 10 yet. Don't say that word, ok?"
Freddie sighed. "Ok dad"

"Well then. Let's go. The others are waiting for us. Breakfast?"
Freddie nodded excitedly again and when Louis let him down he jumped. "Harreeeyyyy"
Louis had to laugh. "You really like him, hm?"
"He's my bestest friend" Freddie grinned and jumped again, making Louis laugh.
"Let's go then. I'll take your suitcase, ok?"
"No I can take it, dad!" The blonde exclaimed and took his suitcase as they left the room.

Breakfast was different than usual. Louis wasn't in the mood to joke around. But for Freddie's sake he joined Niall in making jokes and laughing. The boy nearly forgot that it was their last hour together - until he saw his mother. After he ran to her and hugged her, he started crying again. This time he was bawling his eyes out and Louis' heart ached.
"I don't wanna leave dad.. Want to be with dad" He quickly hugged Louis' legs and held on to them, he just wouldn't let go of him.
"Oh baby.. You'll see your dad soon"
"Wanna stay with dad and Harry!" He pouted and tears streamt down his face.

Louis leaned down and gently wiped them away. "We talked about this, love. I promised that we'll see you soon. And then we'll go to Disneyland"
"With Harry"
"With Harry." Louis nodded and wiped away another tear. "You should hug him goodbye, okay? I promise we'll see you soon"
Freddie sobbed and let go of Louis to hug Harry. The curlyhead leaned down and hugged him tightly and Freddie cried again.

"I don't wanna go, Harry.."
"I know little one, I know. But your dad promised. We'll see each other soon. Pinky promise" Harry patted his back and Freddie nodded, trying to be brave as their pinkies touched. "Now go with your mum"
Before he could change his mind, Freddie nodded and walked over to his mother. She took his hand and smiled at him.

Before they left, he waved at them. "Bye Harry! Bye dad! By Niall! Bye Liam!"
Louis smiled, waved back and tried not to look sad as they left.
The door nearly had closed as Freddie ran back to them and hugged both, Louis and Harry. "I love you! So much!"
"We love you too" Louis answered smilingly and patted his head before the boy ran back to his mother and left.

Silence was what followed. They sat back down and finally got to eat something after talking to Freddie the whole breakfast before. No one said a word, even Niall was sad after Freddie had left. It was like this for several minutes, by the time Liam said something, Louis had finished eating.
"So.. You two keep this secret going?" He kept his voice down as he looked at Harry and Louis who nodded slightly.

"If you want it that way, okay.." Disappointment was in his voice and Louis heart ached. He was the reason why they had to keep it a secret.
"For now, yes. We'll figure something out Li" Harry answered and smiled at Louis. He didn't seem upset about his answer. It was like he had lifted a burden from Louis' shoulders. He didn't treat him differentl because of what he had told him last night. On the contrary. He understood him. And he trusted him. At least him made him feel like he did. It made Louis love him even more. If that was possible.

"I understand. You know, if there's anything- Niall, Zayn and I are there for you. We're brothers"
"Well then I'm the best looking" Louis grinned and patted Liam's shoulder.
"It's his way of saying 'Thank you Liam'." Harry smiled.
"I know, I know. Louis is just...special"
"Oh he is" The curlyhead chuckled and Louis glared at him. He just grinned and shrugged.

"Anyways, I wanted to let you know that Simon isn't happy about the pictures of Harry and Freddie.. He was furious. But I assured him that you two hated each other. That only Freddie likes Harry. He was fine with that. But he made pretty clear that he won't tolerate any - and those aren't my words - gaying around. He trusted me with saying that he was releaved about your breakup. Toxic bastard" Liam had problems with keeping his voice down. He was obviously upset about Simon's words. And even Louis pressed his lips together.

"That's good. So he doesn't assume anything" Niall rolled his eyes at Harry's words. But Louis knew he was right. It was the best for them. Until they would figure something out.
Harry sighed and finished his tea. He looked at his clock. "I'm sorry, I need to go now lads"
"When will you be back?" Louis looked at him and remembered that he shouldn't ask that. They weren't supposed to be together.
"I don't know. Sometime tonight. I'll let you know. See you guys"
And within seconds he left through the same door Freddie had left half an hour ago, leaving Louis behind.

He leaned back and exhaled.
"So, how are you going to do it?"
Louis looked at Niall and frowned. "Do what?"
"Come out of the damn closet you're in for years now, dumbass" Niall rolled his eyes again and Louis shrugged.
"If I only knew.."
"No plan?" Liam asked and Louis shook his head.
"No. I can't figure anything out that's not a high risk.." He leaned his head against the chair.
"Well, no risk no fun" Niall shrugged.
"Well thanks Niall. Wouldn't have come up with that" Louis gave him an annoyed look.
"I know, sorry- I wasn't trying to-" The Irishman tried to explain but Louis didn't let him.
"I know. It's just a fucked up situation. And I feel like I'm fucking trapped"
Niall nodded and Liam bit his lip. Everyone was in their thoughts trying to find a way. But deep down Louis knew that there was no way without a risk. Without a loss.