58

Harry's POV

Holding hands, both men walked downstairs and joined their families in the kitchen. Everyone smiled at them, Harry could even hear Daisy or Phoebe mumbling "Finally" - he couldn't say who said it.
The only one that wasn't smiling was Gemma. She looked at their hands for a moment and locked eyes with Harry. A shiver went down his spine as the brown eyes looked at him, disappointment and anger in them.
Without a word, his sister walked past them and left the kitchen. Harry squeezed Louis' hand and looked at him before saying quietly "I'm gonna talk to her". He could see the man biting his lips and nodding as he turned around and followed Gemma.

"Gem, wait!" He gently grabbed her arm as she was about to go upstairs. Aggressively she pushed his hand away as she turned to look at him. "What?!"
Harry didn't know what to say. Gemma was furious and he couldn't tell why. "What's wrong?"
"What's wrong? Are you fucking kidding me Harry?! What's wrong?!"
Feeling like a little boy that was being yelled at, he shrugged and looked at her. "Please tell me what's wrong, Gem.."
"If you can't see that yourself, I am very sorry for you Harry"
"Gemma- what am I supposed to see?" He was desperate at this point. What had he done wrong?
"You're doing the same fucking mistake again, Harry! How many times do you want to forgive him? You were done! You had healed! Until you got back there. You're doing the exact same mistake again!"

Harry swallowed. He bit his cheek and chose his next words carefully.
"I know that, Gem. But I want to give him this last chance. Because I want him. Please, Gem, you have to understand that I love him"
"Oh I know that, Harry. But you're blinded by love! He is going to hurt you again. And again. And again" She came down a few steps, standing opposite of him now.
"No Gem.. He won't. I know that. And even if he does- I know he won't. But if he does- It's over. There won't be another chance"
"Why? Because you'll jump off a cliff? Or slit your wrist? Or take another package of sleeping pills? Don't you ever forget that I was the one who found you! I was there for you when he wasn't. When you were suffering because of him! When he didn't fucking care for you! I was the one who found you on that bed, Harry.. I was-" Her voice broke and he could see tears shimmering in her eyes. His heart ached as he embraced her tightly.
"I know, Gem. I know. I won't do that again. I learned my lesson. Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting" He patted her back as she pressed her face against his chest. "I've grown a lot, Gem. There won't be a next time. I promise"
He could feel her nodding slightly before she looked up at him. "Don't let him hurt you again.."

Before Harry could answer, he heard Louis behind him. "I won't, Gemma. Never again"
Gemma pulled away from Harry and looked at Louis. "Would be great for you. I'm going to say this one time and one time only. If you ever hurt him again, I'll make you wish you never met him in the first place. That's a promise I make. And I keep my promises"
"Okay. You won't have to" Louis nodded and Harry looked at Gemma who nodded as well.
"I hope so"
She tiptoed to reach Harry's cheek and placed a kiss on it. "Now that this is done, let's eat"

Harry smiled and nodded slightly as his sister made her way back to the kitchen. He turned to look at Louis and whispered "I'm sorry"
"Don't be, she's right" Louis smiled back at him and there was a hint of sadness in his face. "I wish I had done things differently"
"You can't change it now. Forget what was. The present is what counts. And my present is you and.." He leaned forward and placed a kiss on Louis lips. When he pulled away, he grinned. "..waffles. Let's go before the girls eat all of them"

"We heard that!" Phoebe exclaimed and Harry smiled and made his way to the kitchen, Louis taking his hand again as he followed him.
The atmosphere was different now. Everyone was more relaxed. But Harry could tell that they had heard at least parts of the conversation by the looks the twins gave him. Also his mother was distracted. Everyone knew that he had tried to kill himself at least one time now. The thought of them knowing made him feel sick. Even though they all were like family to him. He just had wanted to forget about that. But Harry knew that telling it was a big part of moving forward and accepting it. He knew that his therapist Joff would be proud that he told someone - even if it had been more forced than wanted.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Anne smiled at them and listened as the twins, Lottie and Gemma told her that they had planned on playing some board games. Harry's mother happily agreed on joining them and looked at the two men.
"And what are you up to?"
"Harry, what do you want to do?" Louis looked at him and smiled.
Craving some privacy and alone time with his boyfriend. He smiled back. "Going for a walk? And when we come back we joing them?"
"Sounds great, let's do that" Louis nodded and Harry knew that he would've agreed to everything he wanted to do.

Holding hands they left the house in warm coats and made their way to the same little path Harry had walked on with Gemma. No one said a word and he enjoyed the silence. It was that kind of silence you could enjoy, not awkward, just peaceful.
Harry could feel Louis' hand tighten around his. "Lou? Are you alright?"
"I'm fine, Haz. I'm just thinking" He smiled at him as they walked through the woods.
"What are you thinking about?"
"It just pisses me off that I didn't talk to someone. Didn't talk to you, you know- I just should've done that. But instead I didn't have the balls do actually do that. I was blinded by fear"

Harry sighed. He knew that Louis was a very overthinking person. Behind the facade of the strong, sarcastic and funny man was a vulnerable overthinking boy.
"Lou. You can't change that. Forget about it"
"You're right but- how can I ever forgive myself?" Louis stopped and looked at him in desperation.
"I can do that. So you can too. Understood?"
Like a little boy Louis looked up at him and nodded. "You really forgive me?"
"No, I'm out here to hide your body- of course I forgive you, little fool"
Harry added the last two words with a smirk, knowing exactly that it would make Louis smile.
"Don't call me little!" He pouted and Harry laughed.
"I love you, you know that?"
"I love you too" The smile on Louis' face made Harry's heart jump. He looked around to make sure no one was around. The house wasn't visible from their point anymore. They were on their own. Finally.

Harry grinned, leaned against a tree and pulled Louis in. Without waiting the blue-eyed boy placed his lips on Harry's. Harry could feel him grinning as well as he kissed him back. He could feel his hand in his hair and sighed against his lips. There was no way he would let him do that mistake again. He wouldn't let him go, never again.
Harry felt Louis tongue gently pushing against his bottom lip. He opened his lips and allowed their tongues to touch. Harry didn't want this moment to end. He could feel the hard wood of the tree pressing against his back but he didn't give a damn. All he cared about was holding Louis, the taste of him in his mouth.

When they pulled away because both needed air, they just smiled at each other. Harry could feel his cheeks heating up as he licked over his bottom lip. He grabbed Louis' hand and they continued walking without saying a word for a while. Until Louis' mumbling broke the silence. "I missed that"
"I did too" Harry admitted looking at the path in front of them.
"I can't let my hands off of you"
That mad Harry grin. "Well, don't do it then"
"You bet I won't" Louis grinned as well and Harry smiled even more.

Don't come at Gemma. She did what I would do and I stand by that! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH
FOR OVER 10k READS❤️✨