68

Since we hit EXACTLY 27,4k reads on the 27/04 I thought you guys would love another chapter & I love reading your comments so feel free to tell me what you think in the comments

My favourite notifications this week:
1) ... added safe haven | larry stylinson to 'weird'.
Made me laugh so much.
2) ... added safe haven | larry stylinson to 'BEST LARRY BOOKS I'VE READ'
Made me SO HAPPY.
THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SUPPORT. Enjoy the chapter and the little flashback (yes, I know you guys love flashback :) & I love you so here you go!)

Harry's POV

Christmas had been hard. Suddenly everyone knew. And when they had come down on the 25th there was this look in their eyes.. They were full of pity. No one had said a word about it and Harry was thankful for that. Of course his mother had tried but he still didn't want to talk about it. He had told her it was okay. And he would be okay. He just needed to figure things out.
But the truth was he was far from okay. The amount of happiness and joy he had felt the last days had vanished. All he wanted to do was be alone and break down and cry.

But Louis didn't leave him. There wasn't a single minute that Louis left him. And he hated it. He hated him for it. But at the same time he was endlessly thankful for it. Louis was his anchor, his haven and without him Harry would float and drown. But he was there. He had held him all night and the following nights. He had made Christmas a merry Christmas even though Harry had never expected it would be after what had happened.

Other than Louis, Freddie was the little sunshine he had always been. He made Harry smile when they went on walks or played in Anne's garden. They laughed together, baked cookies and Harry tried to make it a great time for him. But as soon as Freddie wasn't there, as soon as he remembered the headlines, he was back in this neverending rain of anxiety.

Joff had called him as soon as he saw the news on Christmas morning. Apparently someone had broken into his office but there were no fingerprints or other evidence but a broken window and the broken drawer. To Harry it didn't matter. They knew and it wouldn't change. All he could do was respond, to make the best of it. But at the moment he didn't have the strength to do that. He just wanted peace. Was it so much to ask for?

He tried to focus on the positive things he was surrounded by. Mostly Louis. He would always make him laugh and joke around. He made Harry love Christmas even more. The dreamcatcher he gave him had him almost crying on Christmas morning. And the ring was perfect in every way. But it weren't his presents that made him happy. It were the reactions of the others as they unpacked. Their joy about their presents made him happy, happier than his presents made him.

His mother unpacking the scratching tree for the cats and her joyful scream when she saw the lemon tree she had wanted for the garden but was too frugal to buy it for herself. The twins bright smiles as they saw their new Gucci bags - Louis hadn't wanted to buy them for them because "they were just bags and fucking expensive for that" - Harry had just given him a bad look for that. Lottie's grin when she opened the little box with a necklace she admired and Gemma's "Oh fuck you Harold" as she unpacked the Golden merch that hid a pair of shoes she had wanted but - her mother's daughter - was too frugal as well.

Most of all Freddie's reaction had warmed his heart. He had ran around in circles as he saw the tickets to Disney World Florida where the new Avengers theme park had just opened. For a moment the little man had stopped, his blue eyes looking at Harry. "But you come along? And dad?" He had insisted that Harry would join them and who was he to say No to that adorable kid?

Louis had been resistant. He hadn't wanted to accept any presents but nobody would let him. He tried to be furious about that but Harry knew better. He knew that he secretly loved presents. And he wasn't disappointed by Louis' grin when he saw the vinyl record, engraved with their words. "sweeter than fiction" in Harry's handwriting along with their anniversary date and their initials.
"Sweeter than fiction" Louis had chuckled.
"You remember?" Harry had smiled at him and had earned a bad look from his boyfriend.
"Of course!"

Flashback
"Laaarrrrryyyyyy" Niall stormed into the room in which the other four boys were sitting before their show would start in a few hours.
"Niaaaaall" Harry and Louis sang at the same time making them giggle.
"I have news" The Irishman jumped on the couch they were sitting on.
"You finally want to start working out?" Louis teased. Normally, Niall would've given him a bad look and hit him with one of the pillows. But he just gave him an irritated look. "The fuck not. If you ever see me working out, shoot me"
"Consider it done" Zayn grinned and Louis giggled but Niall didn't react.

"What's the news, Nialler?" Harry finally asked, now curious.
"The fans" He paused and grinned. "ship Larry"
"What?" Louis' eyes met Harry's for a second, both of them thinking the same thing. They feared the fans would find out. No one could find out.
"They love you two as a couple as much as I do" Niall wiggled his eyebrows and put his arms around both their shoulders. "They have taste. So Larry Stylinson is now trending on Twitter. And they write fanfiction about you!" He exclaimed happily.
"Niall what the fuck" Zayn commented, looking at him like he was crazy before looking back at his book.

"They do what?" Louis asked irritated.
"Write stories about the two of you. As a couple" Liam explained as Niall just nodded.
"What the fuck" Louis looked at him and Harry couldn't help himself but giggle.
"You don't understand what that means!" Niall grinned.
"Well, explain goblin. And stop grinning like a fool"
"That means someone will appreciate and love my Larry folder as much as I do" Niall smiled confidently and leaned back. "Oh I see it coming. I'll be their favourite after sharing all of this"
"You have a Larry folder?" Harry asked and Zayn sighed. "You really don't know he takes pictures of you all the fuckin' time?"
"He does?- You do?!" Now Louis sat up straight, looking at the blonde next to him.
"Of course! It's too cute to not take pictures. I love Larry. You know, I really wish Larry would be real" He sighed theatrically.

"Don't post them, Niall" Harry said and Liam nodded. "You heard what Simon said, Niall. Don't"
"But I don't want to do what Simon says" Niall pouted.
"Yeah I don't care. Just don't post those pictures" Louis exhaled and left the room.
Niall sighed "He's really exhausting, that boy and his moods"
Harry just smiled and drank his tea. "Harry please go after him. You know how to cheer him up. The show will start in 4 hours, we'll leave soon" Liam looked at him and Harry nodded.
"Yes dad"
"Stop calling me like that" He rolled his eyes and Harry giggled again before leaving the room.

Louis was laying on his bed when he came in. He looked at him and sighed.
"Sorry, Haz.."
"Don't apologize, it's fine"
"It's not. That's not good at all, Harry.." Louis bit his lip and Harry laid down next to him.
"Stop worrying. They just dream. You know how fans can be. Tomorrow morning Larry won't be even a topic anymore"
"You're right" Louis gave him a smile and kissed his cheek. Harry grinned.
"Fanfiction, hm?"
"It's not even good bet" Harry chuckled and Louis hummed in agreement.
"We're better than fiction. You're sweeter" He grinned and leaned over Harry.
"Oh sure. We're sweeter than fiction in any way" Harry giggled and looked at Louis who nodded. He then leaned down and kissed him tenderly, his hands in Harry's curls.
When he laid back down next to him, he whispered "Definitely sweeter than fiction".
End of Flashback

What Louis had done next had shocked Harry. Before he could've stop him, he had leaned in an kissed him. In front of Freddie. But instead of wondering about it, Freddie had just grinned and had continued to play with the shield he had gotten from Lottie as if it had been the most normal thing ever.
"He knows..?" Harry whispered against Louis' lips.
"I told you. I won't make the same mistake again. I'm serious with us. Of course he knows about my boyfriend" Louis had grinned and Harry had nearly cried again. He had leaned back against Louis and they had watched the boy play. And when the blonde had turned around, ran towards them and hugged both of them tightly, it had been the best Christmas present anyone could haven given to him.