57

Louis' POV

Harry had his eyes closed. His head rested on Louis chest while he was brushing through his hair faith his fingers. The feeling of the curls wrapping around his fingers made him smile even more. Louis knew that he had to do a lot of compensation to do. He knew that he had to fight for their relationship. For himself finally being able to be himself even in public. Even if it meant to start all over again. It would mean being with Harry. And that was all he wanted.

He watched him as he slept. They had been laying like this for about an hour but Louis would never get tired of the feeling he felt right now. He couldn't get the smile off his face. He had another chance.

Louis heard the door opening quietly and looked up. Lottie was looking at them. In the light of the lamp next to the bed, he could see how she started smiling.
She leaned in and whispered "Good night, Lou"
"Good night, Lottie" He whispered back and she turned to leave as he added. "Thank you"
She turned back and winked at him, the smiled even brighter. "Just open up, Lou. We are there for you. We love you"
Louis smiled back at her. He knew that she had grown up. She wasn't that little girl she used to be. They all weren't. But the urge to protect them from everything and everyone was ever-present. To him she would always be his little sister, the little blonde with the loud laugh.
"I love you too" He smiled and waved at her, carefully to not wake Harry up.

When the door closed, he felt Harry turning and laying his arms around Louis. Louis kissed his head and closed his eyes. He knew he would sleep well. Because of Harry's presence. Something about him made him calm down, made him feel at ease. Once again, Louis soaked in the fragrance of Harry before finally falling asleep as well.

The next morning Louis woke up to the sound of a piano playing. Still sleepy he looked around and knew immediately that it was Harry playing. He was laying all the way on Harry's side and the room was empty. With a huge smile he got out of bed and didn't even think about putting on any other clothes besides his boxershort that he was already wearing.
He left the room and quietly made his way to the room next to Harry's. A little room with a window facade and a piano, some shelves with books and a little couch. Louis remembered Harry telling him that this was the room he wrote most songs in when he was with his mother.

The door was slightly open and Louis could see him sitting at the piano, just playing a melody. He could only see Harry's back.
As quietly as possible he made his way to Harry and sat down next to him. The man looked up at him and stopped playing. He smiled. "Morning"
Without saying a word he smiled back at him and started playing. He didn't even intend to play that exact song but somehow his hands just slid over the tiles on their own. For a second he looked up at Harry before focusing on the tiles again. A little smile on his face.

"I'm wastin' my time when it was always you, always you
Chasin' the high, but it was always you, always you
Should've never let you go-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh, my baby
Go-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh"

He stopped and looked at Harry again whose smile grew even wider as he whispered. "Go on"

"I went to Amsterdam without you
And all I could do was think about you
And oh-oh-oh, I should've known
I went to Tokyo to let it go
Drink after drink, but I still felt alone
I should've known
I went to so many places
Looking for you in their faces
I can feel it, oh, I can feel it"

Before singing the chorus again, he could feel Harry laying his arm around Louis. The feeling of his skin on his own made him shiver. A warm kind of shiver.

"I'm wastin' my time when it was always you, always you
Chasin' the high, but it was always you, always you
Should've never let you go-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh, my baby
Go-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh"

"No you shouldn't have" Harry mumbled and kissed his shoulder as he continued, his heart aching for a moment. Louis knew he shouldn't have.

"I went from LAX to Heathrow
Walked through my door, but it felt nothing like home
'Cause you're not home
Waiting to wrap your legs around me
And I know you hate to smoke without me
And, oh-oh-oh, now you know"

"Hm, not true. I hate to see you smoke in general" Harry smiled against his shoulder and Louis chuckled. "I know, love"
This time he looked at Harry during singing the chorus.

"I'm wastin' my time when it was always you, always you
Chasin' the high, but it was always you, always you
Should've never let you go-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh, my baby
Go-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh, my baby
Go-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh"

He could feel Harry's hands stroking over his back. He closed his eyes and missed a tile but didn't care as he mumbled the next part.

"I went to so many places
Looking for you in their faces
I can feel it, oh, I can feel it"

Louis didn't know that Harry knew the song. But suddenly he started to sing along for a few seconds, making Louis smile widely.

"I'm wastin' my time when it was always you, always you
I was chasin' the high, but it was always you, always you
Should've never let you go-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh, my baby
Go-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh-oh
Should've never let you go-oh, my baby
Go-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh"

Louis stopped and looked at Harry who took over and played on for a few seconds, adding the last two verses.
"My baby
Oh, my baby"
They smiled at each other and Louis rested his head on Harry's which was still on his shoulder.

"Finally" They both turned their heads, looking at Anne who was standing in the doorframe. "I really hated you two acting around" She smiled and Harry looked at her in suprise.
"You knew?..!"
"I am your mother, Harry. We always know. Better put on some clothes, breakfast is ready" She winked at them and left, leaving both of them alone. Louis looked at Harry and they couldn't help but laugh.