95

What's past is past?

Louis leaned back into the hard seat. The smell of disinfectants hanging in the air, he closed his eyes. Beep beep. He opened them again.
"Mum, you need to drink something. Please" He begged silently, looking at his mother. The circles around his eyes hurt already. He was tired. So tired. But so was she. And he wasn't able to give up just yet. They could win. He knew they couldn't. But he had to convince her and himself that they could, she would.
He held her cup as she drank, not very much. Not even a normal sip. But she drank. And that was more than enough for the moment.

Harry was fighting himself. There were so many reasons he shouldn't be on his way. But he was. Once Lottie had answered his call, he was on his way. His fingers clenching around the water bottle, prayers in his head. Begging that Jay would be ok. She had to make it.
It's been months without seeing Louis and he didn't plan on changing that. But he would do what he could to help. Not for Louis, but for his family. For Jay. Who had always welcomed him with open arms and a warm heart.

Once the car stopped, he told the driver to wait for him. He got out and saw Lottie right away. His fingers hurting from his grip around the bottle, he walked towards her. Before he could say something, she hugged him tightly and started sobbing into his chest.
"She won't make it. She's-"
He just held her, patted her back and bit on his lip. A few moments later, Lottie looked up at him and took a deep breath. "I need to go back. Please come-"
"No, no. I won't. I just came to give you this." He gave her the bag filled with everything he thought they might need. Little pillows, food, scented candles and tea. He couldn't hold himself back from packing Louis' favourite tea. It was his mother's favourite as well.
He gave Lottie the bottle of water as well. "You guys need to drink enough as well. Please"
The blonde nodded, tears in her eyes. "I love you, Harry. I know it's been hard and I don't even know everything that's happened- but you can call me. All the time. Please"
He nodded and placed his hand on her cheek, removing the tears with his thumb. "I will. Promise. Stay strong"
"Thank you Harry" She quickly hugged him again. "For everything. Thank you so much" With that she hurried back inside and Harry turned once he couldn't see her anymore. Only to see photographers taking his picture.

He made his way over to them. "Guys, please. Delete those"
"Man, we can't. I'm really sorry but it's our job"
He exhaled. "Please. Delete the ones of her. You can take one of me exiting the car. They're having a rough time. Let's not make it worse. Delete them."
"Do you know something?!"
"I know that if one of those pictures makes its way into the news, my lawyers will contact you." He was sick of their games and turned around. He could hear them mumbling but didn't care. His thoughts were with Louis. Different thoughts than all those nights but still with Louis. They always would be.

"Where did you get this?" Lottie unpacked the bag and Louis watched her.
"A friend came by"
"A friend?"
"Yes, a friend. A very good one. You don't know her"
He was too tired to question it further and nodded. "Mum, look. It's tea. Your favourite! And scented candles. The one like we have at home. Vanilla and lavender!"
He smiled at her, trying to make it as happy as it could be.

Louis would never know.