97

what the future holds II

"Freddie please, fuck off" Louis begged. Freddie sighed and patted his shoulder. "Fine. You got this. I'll be at Bear's"
"Don't make Maya go crazy please. No running around the house"
"And if Li joins in?" The blonde grinned and Louis rolled his eyes.
"Liam won't"
"I bet he will. Have a great night. Bye dad. And text me!" He kissed Louis' cheek and ran down the stairs of their new home.

With Freddie being 11 now and Briana flying over nearly every two months, their apartment had become too small in the last years. It had only been appropriate for the family to move. And when Liam had announced that the house, - what Harry called their new home - or the huge ass mansion - what Louis called it, next to him was for sale, Harry and Louis didn't think twice.
Within a week they had signed the contract and bought the house. And within the next four weeks the renovations had started. A new bathroom downstairs and nearly both upper floors had been renovated - all by keeping the charme of the old facade alive, just like Harry had wanted.

When Louis had told him, that if it was up to him, they should "break the thing down and build a new house" Harry hadn't talked to him for a whole day. He loved the old facade and Victorian details. Harry's whole heart had been in keeping the old charme of the building alive. And Louis hadn't told him but it felt more like home than anything else had before. For him, home had always been where his family was. Where Harry was. But with that new home he suddenly felt home in a different way. It was Harry's doing that made their home a home, like coming home after a long journey.
And with Liam, Maya, Bear and Luna - their one year old daughter - living next door, Freddie was more than happy. They had more than enough space in and outside and a pool in which Harry had taught the boy how to dive and snorkel.

"Bye dad! I'm at Bear's! Love you!" Freddie shouted on his way down the stairs and Harry looked out the door of his office.
"Have fun, love. Love you too. And don't run inside the house!"
Freddie giggled and nodded as he waved and was gone within seconds.
"This child" Louis sighed.
"Your genes" Harry laughed and Louis gave him a look.
"He's your son as well"
"Yeah, he's got his kindness and mindfulness from me" Harry grinned and Louis leaned against the doorframe, pulling his boyfriend in for a kiss. Harry kissed him back, Louis' hands in his curls. Harry had outgrown his hair a little bit - Louis had asked him to. Just long enough for his curls to come back. "And I think the good looks are from you but I'm not sure. Maybe it's Briana-" Harry mumbled against his Louis' lips - and Louis slightly pulled on his hair. "OK, OK. He's got the looks from you babe" Harry gave in with a moan and placed his lips back on Louis'.

"You get ready now. We're going out" Louis announced once they parted.
"What, where?" Harry asked in wonderment.
"You'll see. Be ready in an hour, babe" With that, Louis was down the stairs.
"An hour? I need more than that! Where are we going? What am I supposed to wear? Louis?!"
"Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. You'll look hot in everything"
He could hear his boyfriend exhale and chuckled.
"I heard that, Tomlinson!"
"I love you, Styles"
Louis smiled and closed the door to the kitchen before he started preparing everything, knowing Harry was busy.

"Lou? Darling? Where are you?"
Louis took a deep breath. "Right out here"
One last time, Louis adjusted his suit and looked to the door. Once Harry would open the kitchen door, he'd see the path leading out the kitchen door into their garden. The marble path started outside the kitchen and lead right to the little forest. It wasn't really a forest, just a little glade surrounded by trees. There was a hugh bed filled with pillows - it was Harry's favourite place, his place where he always found peace and watched the stars, sometimes with Louis, sometimes on his own.

The path leading to where he was standing - in front of the bed and beneath the stars - was now filled with candles and lights were put up on the trees guiding Harry down the path. "Lou..? What is going on?"
"Please, just listen Harry.." Louis took a deep breath. He took Harry's hands in his and looked at him. Harry was shocked. He didn't say a word.
"It's been so many years since we met in that shitty bathroom. So much has happened. We've survived so much. And I've made a lot of mistakes. You had to put up with so much shit I did. But you always loved me. Even when we were apart and I didn't deserve it, you- I love you so fucking much Harry. I can't put it into words. If I could, I would but I can't. It's not possible to tell you how much I love you, how much I need you in my life. There are no words. And I don't want to let you go, ever again. I waited way too long to ask you. But.." He let go of Harry's hands and got down on one knee. Harry let out a shocked sound and put his hand on his mouth as soon as Louis opened the little box with a golden ring. "Will you marry me?" He looked up at him, tears in Harry's eyes and got down on both knees. "I can't even ask you, I'm begging you. I don't deserve you. But please.. make me the happiest man in this world and be my husband. Please Harry, will you marry-"
"Yes! Yes! Absolutely. Fuck, Louis get up" Harry pulled him up and in his arms and hugged him tightly. Louis hugged him back, tighter than ever.

When Louis out the golden ring on his finger, Harry looked at him. "Please stop saying you don't deserve me. You deserve the world"
"And you are my world" Louis whispered and placed his hand on Harry's cheek. "I love you so much"
"I love you way more" Harry mumbled before his lips met Louis'.
"That is not true. Take that back"
"It is. I love you for infinity" Harry said, truthfully. He meant it.