48

Harry's POV

The time passed way too slowly in his eyes. Every minute he was away from resting at home, from healing all over again passed even slower than the one before. Gladly, Zayn and Niall never left him.
He didn't know what he would do if he was on his own but it surely wouldn't be playing games and writing songs. Niall had asked the two of them to listen to a few songs he had written and played them for them. They ordered food to the room and didn't leave Zayn's room the whole day. Not because they didn't want to but because they lost track of the time while writing and changing lyrics.

At the end of the day they had finished three songs and had even discussed one song on Zayn's album that he had been working on before the tour.
"I can't wait for the break tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love being on stage with you and stuff but-.." Zayn started but Niall cut him off.
"It's really exhausting sometimes, I know"
Harry nodded. "It's fun on stage and with the fans but it's a lot.."
"I really missed it though" Zayn added and leaned back against the wall. They were sitting on the carpet, papers all over the floor.
"Me too man, me too. But it's too much. I don't think this will go on forever, do you?"
They shook their heads. "I couldn't do that further. I mean, I would if things changed but since we're stuck with Cowell and all of those idiots.." Zayn sighed and Harry drank something.

"I didn't know how hard and exhausting it was, being in the band until we did the hiatus thing. Only then I learned how toxic it was" He bit his lip as Niall looked at him. "To be honest, I didn't even want to come back. I only came back because of you guys and for the fans"
Zayn nodded as well. "Me too. I would love this whole thing if it wasn't that..I don't know, that toxic, that strict, that planned. What we are allowed to do or say, who can be in a relationship with whom, who's mic is turned on and off.. It's too much"
Harry looked away and stared at the window as tears came up in his eyes. His view blurred. "I'm sorry. I won't continue the tour with you guys" He whispered, holding back the tears.

There was a moment of silence before Niall said something.
"We know, Harry. We know. And it's ok. If it's the best for you, it will be ok for us too"
"But think about it, over the break. You know, just the last leg of the tour. We've got most shows done already. At this point it's just the US and South America"
He looked at Zayn and nodded. "I'll think about it"
They gave him two smiles and he smiled back. Even if he had lost Louis, he had won Zayn and Niall back.

"So, what movie do we watch?" Niall grinned and took the remote.
"Something funny!" Harry insisted and Zayn smirked.
"Well, just look at Niall. His face is funny enough, isn't it?" Before the man could finish, Niall had already thrown a pillow at his face.
"Ey!" Zayn exclaimed, took the pillow and threw it back- but threw it at Harry who let fall down his water.
"Guys!" Without hesitation he took another pillow and they started a pillow fight that ended when everyone was laying on the floor. They were laughing and Harry couldn't breathe from laughing too much.

"Thank you so much, Perth!"
"We love you!"
"See you next year!"
"Don't forget us!"
"Keep dancing you sexy fuckers!"
Laughing, the five of them jumped off the stage as the lights got turned off. Finally. Break. Harry smiled happily as he took the water bottle and the towel Paul gave to him. He was soaking wet from water and sweat but the genuine feeling of happiness made him feel warm. He would be home soon.
"Hurry ladies, the plane is waiting" Paul gave them a smile and they hurried to the dressing room. Harry couldn't wait to be back home. Eat self-made meals, cook and bake and sleep in, take walks.

"Guys stop a moment. I know you're looking forward to going home but give me a minute" Simon stopped them and smiled at them. Not even Simon could bring down Harry's mood.
"What's up Simon?" Liam asked distantly. He was still mad.
"I wanted to wish you all a great break, get the rest you deserve. I'll see you all at the Grammys on the 31st of January next year. Don't forget it"
"We won't, Simon. Thank you. Have a good break"
They started making their way towards the room with their stuff, Zayn headed towards the shower.

"Louis, Harry. For a word?"
Harry rolled his eyes and turned back around. The other boys stopped as well. He looked at them. "It's fine, go on"
Niall gave him a worried look before heading towards the room. Harry looked back at Simon knowing that Louis was standing right next to him. He could smell the smoke, the smell of his cologne surrounded him. Breathe, Styles. Breathe.
"I just wanted to make sure. You two stay away from each other the whole break"
A chuckle left Harry's mouth. "Don't worry Simon. We will. That won't be a problem"
"Great. That's all I wanted to hear. See you next year." He gave them a smile and patted both their backs before leaving.
Harry turned to follow the others as his eyes met Louis'. The blue of his eyes stopped him and there was something in his eyes Harry hadn't expected. The man didn't say anything. Both of them didn't. But Harry thought he knew what Louis was feeling. In his eyes was pain. He just couldn't explain why. Had he done something wrong?
As none of them said something, he smiled at him and followed the others behind.

I know guys. The chapter isn't that long as well. But I promise there are long ones coming SOON.
Next chapter will be online tomorrow, promise.

Thank you so so much for 7k+ reads. I wouldn't have expected that at all, NEVER. I'm so excited for you to read the next few chapters.

I would also love to hear what you guys dislike about the book? Feel free to comment!

See you tomorrow! :)