96

what the future holds I

Louis bit his lip as he watched Daisy unpack her present from Anne. Harry's mum was waiting patiently for her to see what she made her and as soon as Daisy saw the handmade fluffy sweater, she started squeaking. "Oh my- Anne, thank you! It's so comfortable. And warm. I'm never going to take this off"
She ran to hug her and smiled, Annie hugging her back with a huge smile on her face. "You're more than welcome dear. Now it's Freddie's turn"

"Again?" The boy who wasn't that little anymore looked at her with big eyes. "I already got so much.."
"You must have been very nice this year" Briana added, smiling from the couch. Freddie looked at his mother and smiled back at her before opening his next present. Louis looked at Harry who still held his hand, his thumb stroking over his skin. The curlyhead smiled back at him and Louis placed a kiss on the back of his hand.
They both watched Freddie unpack his new car park and smiled. The blonde was on his way to start building the little cars and it's parking lot, when he paused.
"Mom? Dad?" Briana and Louis answered similarly "Yes?" And, being used to it by now, Harry looked up as well.
"I think it's time for dad to open his present"
"I think so to" Louis smiled and nodded, looking at Harry.
"Absolutely." Briana smiled, holding on to her boyfriend. Harry furrowed a brow. What was going on?

Freddie crawled beneath the Christmas tree and came back up with a flat present. Once he gave it to Harry, he noticed it was a little stack of paper. Confused, he started to unpack it, carefully, not to tear the wrapping paper. Once he had unpacked - that took way too long in both Freddie and Louis' eyes, he could've hurried a little - he turned the paper to read it.
Harry's eyes ran over the first page and Louis didn't look away from him. He watched him, every single move. His boyfriend placed his hand over his mouth and looked at Freddie before returning his eyes to the paper. He turned the page to read the next one and tears started running down his cheeks. The blonde boy quickly came to hug him.

"Are you crazy?" Harry whispered looking at Freddie who shook his head. "I just want you to be my second dad. My real dad. Please?"
Harry put the papers aside and pulled Freddie into a hug. "Of course, love" Louis felt tears coming up as well, but held them back. He wouldn't cry in front of literally every family member they had. Of course he couldn't hold evey tear back. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he watched Harry crying silently while Freddie didn't let go of him.
Harry's eyes met Louis and Briana's. "And you're ok with this?"
"Of course, Harry. I need a responsible parent here. He started going to school. I need someone responsible to watch our son. Someone who has a mental age older than 10." Briana smiled and Louis exclaimed "Oi!".
"And I'm tired of signing all these school papers. Your turn now" Louis grinned making Harry laugh with tears on his cheek.

"Wait, what is going on..?" Anne asked, everyone else in the room confused. Harry handed her the papers and within seconds Anne started sobbing. "Adoption papers" Gemma let out a little scream of joy and hugged her mother.
"If you're officially a dad now-"
"He has to sign first" Briana added smilingly.
"Someone give me a pen" Harry exclaimed making Freddie laugh.
"That makes me a grandma" Anne looked at the two of them and Freddie nodded.
"Yes. You're my grandma now. My second one on earth" He grinned.
"Oh wow" Anne smiled happily and Harry hugged the boy and didn't let go of him.
"I love you, Fred"
"I love you too, dad"