36

Louis' POV

Again, Louis spent the day with Eleanor. Instead of going shopping, they listened to Niall's advice and did a sightseeing tour as well. It seemed like the time wouldn't pass, like it had stopped.

In a little shop, Louis found a ring that he thought Harry would love. It was a silver one with a blue stone in it. According to the shop assistant, it was a so called caribbean-blue topaz. A rare gemstone that brought self-determination to its owner. It meant finding one's true self and manifesting freedom. She added that it was seen as a cure for depression as well.
Without hesitating, Louis bought it while Eleanor was trying on one of the dresses they had had in the shop's window. He also bought a dream catcher. He would give it to him after the show tonight. The ring would be for Christmas, he thought with a smile.
Eleanor showed him the dress and he insisted on buying it as well. When they left the shop, she kissed his cheek and took his hand.

They headed back to the hotel where Paul, Simon, Niall and Amelia were waiting on them already. When the others finally joined them, Louis thought that Harry had smiled at him for a second. But he wasn't sure and because Simon was talking to his boyfriend, he couldn't go over.

The three girls said their goodbyes, they would take another car to the show, and Louis followed the others to the van and tried to lock eyes with Harry. The whole drive Harry didn't look at him, not a single time. He was talking to Niall or Liam but never Louis. The man knew that it was because of Simon who was sitting next to Paul in the front seat but it hurt either way.

"Show us the pictures, Harry!" Niall insisted for the third time, trying to persuade Louis' boyfriend. But for the third time Harry declined. He just shook his head and smiled.
It would be an understatement to say Louis was curious about the pictures. He desperately wanted to see them. Even if the last thing he was into was fashion in that way. He just needed something to wear and that was it. Nothing fancy most of the time. But Harry and his style were on a whole other level. Louis adored his style. But he would never say that out loud to anyone but him.

When they arrived at the arena, Niall still tried to persuade Harry. Liam had joined him but Harry didn't show anything. They got into their dressing room and greeted Lou. The blonde woman smiled at them and hugged them tightly before commanding each of them what to do. Harry would be the first to get his hair done. Louis would be the last.

They got their outfits and put them on. He felt comfortable in his black Adidas trousers combined with a plain shirt.
Liam sat down on the couch, Zayn left for the toilet and Louis took out his cigarettes. He left to go outside but met Harry's eyes in the mirror. If looks killed, he would be dead by now. As he threw away the cigarettes, Harry calmed down and had a smile on his lips. Lou had noticed the situation and highfived Harry.

Louis smiled. He wanted to smoke but he knew that Harry hated it. Someday those deadly things are going to take you away from me, the curlyhead had always feared. Louis didn't want to give him a reason to fear something. He wanted to give him a million reasons to smile but not a single one that would make him sad.

"Louis, for a word"
Simon had opened the door and looked at him. All eyes laid on Louis as he stood up and left the room. He didn't want to speak with Simon.
The man opened a door that lead them into a small office. They got inside and Simon closed the door behind the two of them.

"Louis, I really thought the two of us were friends"
Louis frowned, looking at the man. He never was friends with him. He wanted to tell him to fuck off but he kept quiet.
"Do you think I'm stupid?" Honest answer?, he wanted to say but replied "No" instead.
"Oh really?" The tone of his voice made Louis furious. He knew that Simon was angry as hell.
"Did you think I wouldn't notice the two of you fools being together again?..!"
Louis looked at him in suprise. Fuck, was the only thing he thought.
"Yeah, I know it. Isn't pretty hard. Are you kidding me, Louis? All the work I did. We did. For you to fuck him again?! I thought you knew better. I thought you learned your lesson. I taught you so many things. I even let you be on X Factor again! For you to run back to him?!"

He carefully chose his words before he spoke. "Simon, it doesn't affect anything- I just want to be with him. I love him-"
"We had that talk several times Louis. It's not up for discussion. You will get rid of him or we have a problem. The fucking Larry rumours are back and it's louder than ever. I don't care what you have to do, fuck Eleanor in front of him- I do not care. Just get rid of him or I'm gonna get rid of you and this untalented sisters of yours! And the next thing I'll do is to end his pity little of a career!"

Louis flinched. It was the first time Simon directly threatened his family. He swallowed, not being able to say something.
"Don't try me, Louis. This is the last warning" He threatened again. Suddenly the man's face relaxed.
"I hope this clarifies things. Choose wisely. You know what you owe me. What I've done for you. Without me you would be no one" He shook his head, looking at him. Louis could see the hatred in his eyes. "Don't forget that. Don't forget your contract"

Simon patted Louis' shoulder and left the room, running directly into Liam. The brown-haired looked at Louis with a worried look in his eyes. "Everything alright?"
"Sure" Louis left the room and walked back into the dressing room without saying anything else. He was helpless. The last glimmer of hope was gone. He didn't know what to do, how to escape this never ending nightmare. He just wanted to be with Harry. Was it too much to ask?

As be sat down on the couch and looked at Harry, the man was smiling at him. Louis looked away  and the curlyhead turned his head back at Niall with whom he was playing cards after frowning. Secretly, Louis kept looking at him. The longer he looked at Harry, the more he realised that there was only one way out, only one way to protect Harry and his sisters.

Louis stood up and took the package of cigarettes before he headed towards the exit to go outside. He could see Harry looking at him in the corner of his eye but didn't look back at him.
He closed the door behind and leaned against the wall while he lit up one of the cigarettes. He took a deep breath of the stick and exhaled the smoke. It calmed a part of him. The other part knew that he would never be at peace with himself after what he would have to do.

Louis closed his eyes and rethought about everything. Harry and him had failed to hide their relationship. He had failed. Simon was threatening him to end his career, Harry's and the girls. There were too many people involved that he loved. He couldn't help it. Louis had promised his mother to protect the girls at all its costs. He couldn't be the reason for Harry to lose everything he had.
He took another deep breath before opening his eyes again. The sun was shining, the last warm sun rays of the day touched his face and he bit his lip.

It would be a great day, if he wasn't about to break up with the love of his life.