69

Louis' POV

Faster than he wanted, it was time for them to fly back to the US. It was one week before the Grammy's and even though his anxiety made him go crazy at night, Harry had to perform and to rehearse.
His anxiety had gotten worse since that night. Louis would hold him all night, cuddle him and assure him that everything would be fine. He couldn't say anything else, could he? Even though he wasn't sure if he was right.

Harry had been suffering every night with him. What would he do without him? The thought didn't leave Louis' head. It scared him. Knowing that he couldn't do anything. They couldn't hide being together in the US if they stayed together. Even if they didn't hide, Simon would end them. And a confrontation with Simon was the last thing Louis would let Harry do right now.
At the same time Louis wished for a confrontation with him. After what he had said about Harry, there was nothing he would love more than kicking his ass. But his time would come, Louis would make sure of that. Right now Harry's wellbeing was his top priority. Nothing was more important.

He looked at the man who had rested his head on his chest, his arms wrapped around Louis' waist. Louis' hands were brushing through Harry's hair, knowing that the little touches made him calm down. Neither of them had said a word, both got carried away by their thoughts.
"Penny for your thoughts?" Louis looked down at him curiously.
"It's nothing.. I just don't want to leave. I don't want to go- I just want to keep hiding, stay here.." Harry admitted and Louis bit the inside of his cheek.

"I know, love. But I know how happy you are about the performance and everything with the Grammy's. And I'm so proud of you. Everybody is-"
Harry didn't let him finish. "That was before..- before."
"It doesn't change anything, Haz" He stroke over his head and softly smiled at him.
"Hm.."
"So I have to tell you again?" He frowned and Harry shook his head.
"No. Please don't. You said it every night. You'll kick ass for me. I understood. And I don't have to worry. Understood"
"Good" Louis smiled and kissed his head.

Harry didn't say anything for a moment. He kept quiet and closed his eyes and Louis was ok with it.
Until Harry sat up. "You know what? I don't want to be sad"
"Then...don't?" Louis looked at him, clearly irritated.
"Wow. That's a great advice. Nearly as good as 'If you ever feel alone... don't'" Harry sassed and Louis chuckled.
"Was that Sassy-Harold?"
"Don't call me Harold" Harry gave him a look and Louis laughed. "But you're my Harold"
"Call me Harold one last time and you'll sleep on the couch"
"Fine, fine!" Louis raised both of his hands in apology and grinned as he saw Harry's smile.

"I want ice cream. You want too?" Harry looked at him, his eyes begging like a puppy would.
"Only if it's chocolate" Louis smiled and Harry stood up.
"Move your ass, Tomlinson"
Happy about Harry's sudden change of mood he stood up as well following Harry to the kitchen. The curlyhead grabbed a box of chocolate ice cream and two spoons and they sat down on the couch.

"Uhhhm, Harry?" Louis looked at him as he ate.
"Yeah?"
"You...heard from the boys?"
"Yeah. I did- Lou. Spit it out, what do you mean?" Harry smiled and looked at him as he ate out of the box as well.
"I just want to know.. Like- Zayn called. Do I...need to worry?"
Harry's laughter filled the room.
"Maybe"
"Harold! C'mon.. That guy's fist hurt my face"
This time it was Harry giving him a look.
"I didn't say I didn't deserve it!" He added and bit his lip. But Harry smiled.

"Sooo? Do I need to be scared of Zayn?"
"You should always be scared of Zayn. He's Zayn" Harry grinned and Louis rolled his eyes.
"Harold!"
"He knows about us, ok? I told him. If I didn't have he would've come here and kicked your pretty little ass" Harry chuckled.
"Thanks" Louis scoffed and couldn't hide his smile. "What did he say..?"

"He said I was a stupid ass bitch to go back to you. And I quote that" Harry grinned and Louis smiled over Harry's amusement.
"'course he said that" He ate another spoon full of ice cream and watched Harry.
"This was the best Birthday, Christmas and New Year's Day ever. Thank you Harry- really"
"I loved it too. I love your family"
Louis leaned against Harry, his head now resting on his shoulder.
"They love you too. Even more. They adore you"
Harry chuckled and his body vibrated, making Louis smile.
"Freddie's really your biggest fan. You're his hero now. Even more after you let him start the fireworks" He added, thinking back of New Year's Eve.

They had eaten together and played Scrabble - as every day the last weeks. And Louis loved it. He had missed the familiar atmosphere, the laughter and jokes. All of that hadn't happened since his mother had passed away. Harry and his family somehow brought back something Louis didn't even know was possible. The liveliness. It wasn't like they would forget their mother. It was like she was there, watching. At least it felt like that.

So when Lottie had dropped the dessert and Louis nearly couldn't breathe from laughing, the world seemed fine. Of course the hero that Harry was he had magically made another dessert within half an hour. But the look on Lottie's face was priceless and Louis would never let her forget that moment.
Freddie had helped Harry all night long until - at nearly 10 PM - he had fallen asleep on his lap while playing Scrabble. The picture of them was now Louis' background image.
At 12 PM they had woken him up and watched the fireworks. And Harry had let him light up one of those little fireworks and a sparkler.

"He's the cutest child I've ever seen"
"Well what did you expect? He's my son" Louis grinned and Harry shrugged.
"True. Undeniable. He looks just like you. Only cuter"
"That's not possible, love" Louis disagreed and heard Harry laughing. He grinned and ate another spoon full of ice cream. "Our children will be as cute as him though. I'm sure" He said before he even thought about it.

"Our children?" Louis noticed Harry staring at him and bit his lip.
"I didn't mean- Like, I thought- only if you want children of course" He babbled and didn't dare to look at Harry. In the corner of his eye he could still see him staring.
"I- Louis! Of course I want children! We just never talked about it.. so I thought you didn't want to-.." Louis looked at him, a smile now on his face.
"Are you kidding? Of course I want children with you- I mean with the methods that are possible- adoption or a surrogate mother- or both- so- we want kids?"
"We want kids" Harry grinned and put the ice cream on the table before leaning in and kissing Louis gently.

He let go of his spoon and put his arms around Harry's neck as he kissed him back. His right hand quickly found its way into Harry's curls while his tongue met Harry's. For what seemed like an hour it was just the two of them kissing, their lips brushing against each other, their tongues moving. When both of them gasped for air, Louis couldn't hide his grin. His hand wandered down Harry's upper body until he reached the end of his shirt. He slipped his hand underneath the shirt and stroke over his bare skin, feeling his muscles tense.

Harry leaned back in and kissed Louis softly before whispering "Love, I would love to fuck you right here but this is my mum's favourite couch and I could never look at her again..".
Louis chuckled before taking Harry's hand. "Then let's go upstairs?"
Without saying anything, Harry took his hand and grabbed the ice cream and the two spoons. He got rid of the things in the kitchen and pulled him upstairs, his flurry making Louis grin even more.