67

Louis' POV

Louis woke up in the middle of the night because he was cold. Still nearly asleep, he turned around and pulled the blanket over his body. Reaching out he wanted to cuddle Harry knowing that he would be warm as always. But he wasn't there. The mattress was cold and Louis opened his eyes. It was still dark outside and Harry wasn't there. 3.34AM. Where was he?

Sleepy, Louis sat up and rubbed his eyes. Harry wasn't in the room. He stood up and put on Harry's hoodie that had been laying on the armchair in the corner of the room. Louis made his way to the room Freddie was sleeping in.
The whole house was quiet and the little boy was asleep. With a smile on his face he thought about the day. It had been the best day he could've imagined. With his family, Freddie and Harry. The way Freddie adored his boyfriend, how they were inseparable. Everything was perfect on this day. From the moment he had woken up to the last thing he had seen in the night - Harry. There had been nothing that had made him feel anything but genuinely happy. How could he be anything but happy? He had everything he could wish for.

He left the room and quietly closed the door before making his way downstairs. But Harry was nowhere to be seen. Not in the kitchen nor the living room. Everything was dark, no lights were on.
When he went back upstairs, Harry still wasn't laying in bed. Something felt off to Louis. It was a feeling in his guts, a feeling that had never been wrong.
The little room with the piano inside was empty as well. Louis turned around and sat down on their bed, thinking about waking up Gemma if he wouldn't find Harry in the garden.

That was when he saw the beam of light beneath the door to the bathroom. Louis stood up, made his way to the door and knocked softly.
"Harry?"
No answer. It was terribly quiet. Panic rushed through Louis body. What if something had happened? Or worse what if he had had a panic or anxiety attack? He didn't allow himself to think about what Harry could do to himself in there.
He knocked again, this time louder. Again there was no answer. Until Louis heard a quiet sob that made his blood run cold.

"Harry? What is wrong?"
Silence. He tried to open the door but it was locked.
"Harry, open the door. Please"
Calm, Tomlinson. Everything is going to be alright.
Another sob. A gasp for air.
"Harry. Please let me inside"
Louis knocked again, tried to open the door again. Then desperately tried to open it again.
"Harry, please. What's wrong love? Please let me in"
"Go away please" I was a whisper, a whimper. Nothing more.

"I won't go away. I won't leave you. Please let me in"
"No.. Please.." Harry begged and Louis tried to open the door one last time before sitting down.
"I'm not going to leave you. I'll sit right here. You hear me? I'm right here if you need me"
He leaned against the door and waited. Cruel silence.

A muffled sob.
"Baby please tell me what's wrong.. Love, please.."
Nothing.
"Please.. please let me inside" Louis begged again and leaned his head against the doorframe.
For a while nothing happened. But then Louis heard the door being unlocked. He turned around as the door opened, looking straight at Harry.
Seeing him, his heart ached. Harry's face was red, tears on his cheeks. Bags under his eyes from crying.

Louis rushed through the door and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around his muscular body and held him. That was when Harry broke down. Louis could feel him holding on tightly to him as he cried, sobs leaving his mouth. For a few minutes he didn't say a word, he just held Harry.

"Love, tell me what's wrong.. Please?" He placed his hands on both of Harry's cheeks, cupped his face with his hands and locked eyes with him as his thumbs stroke off the tears on his face.
"Lou.." He sobbed again and Louis felt like he would start to cry as well.
"What's wrong, Haz..?"
"Someone published-" Harry started but sobbed again Louis held him tightly.
"What?"
"Joff- Lou- they know- It's everywhere.." Harry burried his face in Louis' shirt that was wet by his tears already.