90

Louis' POV

"But you promised!" Freddie cried and Louis' heart ached.
"I know, buddy. I'm sorry" Louis repeated and bit the inside of his cheeks. "We'll continue the tour and we'll see each other. I promise"
"Stop fucking promises and just keep your damn promise for once!" With a loud noise and a "Freddie! Don't do that!" Freddie stopped talking and the phone fell silent until Briana's voice cut the silence.
"I'm sorry Louis. He threw the phone on the ground. Clearly his dad's temper showing" She tried to joke but Louis didn't smile.
"I'm a miserable fuck of a dad" He simply stated and exhaled.

"No, Lou. You're not. He loves you. He's just disappointed. That's all. He missed you. And Harry. God, he talks about the two of you every day. You should've heard him during the Grammy's" She tried to lift his mood and he frowned.
"Stop it, Bri. I know it's not true"
"Well, it's true. He was so happy, Lou. He loves you more than anything in this world and he's so proud of you. He knows that it's not up to you. He was just looking forward to it ever since he came back from England" She explained and he leaned his head back.
"I should've taken a flight over. But I just didn't think of it. The whole thing is a complete mess" He rambled and heard Briana sighing.
"What's going on? I thought after coming out you were through it all?"
"Management doesn't appreciate it. They tried to hold us back since the beginning. So they're angry" Louis summed up the situation and heard a giggle through the phone.

"What's so funny about that?"
"You know, the ship has sailed. What do they want to do, Lou? The world loves you. Probably even more than they ever did. As soon as they cut you off, there will be thousands of managements begging for you"
Louis frowned. He had never thought about it in that way, even if she was looking at it from a very simple perspective. He went through it in his head until he reached the point where it didn't work out.

"It's not as simple as that. The contract includes a tour. And the tour isn't finished yet. They haven't received the amount of money they should've had. And as long as they don't get that, none of us are out of the contract. We can't give concerts that aren't part of the One Direction reunion tour until that tour and the contract is fulfilled"
"Then call them out?"
"It's not as easy as that, Briana. I wish it was that simple. But it's not. It's up to them at this point, we can just wait" He exhaled and got up, making his way to the kitchen. "We're stuck at the moment"

He opened the fridge and closed it right after realising that there was nothing in there. Of course, why would there be something? He would've been in the US for the first half of the year.
"What a bummer.." He could hear her sighing again before there was a lot of noise like she was moving around.
"Freddie's asleep on the floor of his room" She chuckled. "I'll send you a pic"
"Please" He couldn't help himself but smile.

"Did he tell you that he calls his room 'Asgard' now? He watched Thor last week. Guess Captain America isn't the coolest superhero anymore" She laughed and Louis did too.
"He didn't mention that yet. But I didn't get to talk to him a lot" And he felt guilty again.
"Don't be so hard on yourself, Lou. You live thousands of miles away. You're a global superstar. He'll understand"
"I don't want to be a bad father, Bri. I don't want that for him" He confessed, biting his lip.
"You're not. He loves you so much, Lou. I'll talk to him tomorrow. He'll call you, I'm sure"
Louis just nodded, knowing that she wouldn't see that, and kept quiet.

"Anyways, I didn't get to tell you how happy I am for you" She added, making him smile a little.
"Thank you, means a lot" He thanked her and sat down on a chair in the kitchen.
"So you're gay?"
He chuckled in amusement. "I guess I am"
"You guess?"
"I am gay, Brianna. I've always been. At least Harry made me feel that way" Louis clarified with a smile.
"So no women?"
"No women" He stated again.
"You know I always imagined the two of us could end up falling in love. And be a family" She went on, making him frown.
"I'm sorry. You really aren't my type, Bri"
"Oh I know. You're more into curly ones with green eyes" She chuckled and he smiled.
"I'm only into one curlyhead with green eyes"
As if planned, the door opened and Harry came into the apartment, frowning and not paying any attention to Louis.
"I've gotta go now. Will you make sure Freddie calls me? Please?"
"I'll do my very best, babe. Have a nice day"
With that, Louis put down the phone and got up.
"Harry? What's wrong?"
"There's news" The green eyes met Louis' blue ones and a shiver went down Louis' spine, not knowing what to expect.

Soo that's it for a little while now. I didn't get to write as much as I wanted to. I'm someone who writes more and better (the last few chapters were crap, I know it. I'm sorry!) without pressure.
I'll make sure to write lots of chapters now without naming a date. But I promise: SOON!
Thank you so much for 46k reads. It's more than I ever imagined this book would get. I love you guys!